1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Ticket for Ipswich v Leeds.

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by floyd9t8, Apr 10, 2019.

1. floyd9t8

floyd9t8 Member

Anybody interested in acquiring a ticket for the Ipswich v Leeds match and passing it on? :emoticon-0103-cool:

2. Scowey

Scowey Well-Known Member

I'm having similar conversations with my Leeds supporting mate.. It appears we've gone and tried to clamp down in the strictest way we can (My guess is the police have influenced this as they don't want Leeds fans turning up in their droves and causing any trouble around town)

From the Website: "the club are only selling tickets to Town fans who are on the database with purchase history prior to this season and one per person, meaning each ticket must be linked to an individual customer number,"

"Town say any home supporters discovered to be passing a ticket to an away supporter will face a ban from purchasing tickets at Portman Road."

3. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

YorkieLancsHampyLondoner Well-Known Member

This is really short sighted in my book. We need to be encouraging fans in, not putting barriers up.

If people come into the Town sections in Leeds colours or they cause any trouble then eject and ban those individuals AND the person who bought their ticket. We have cameras everywhere to identify these people in 2019.

Having a purchasing history is enough - no need to limit to one per person. And if a Leeds fan comes in and keeps quiet then so what?

4. Bigalreigned

Bigalreigned Well-Known Member

Unfortunately it's one of those instances where a minority of idiots have spoiled it for the decent fans.Had it been anyone other than Leeds (or possibly Millwall)I'm not sure the same rules would have been put in place.

5. floyd9t8

floyd9t8 Member

Thanks for your reply, unfortunately we have only been given 2000 tickets. So this will encourage Leeds fans to try and get in home sections. There are thousands of Leeds fans travelling to Ipswich on that day (presuming we have a chance of auto promotion of course) regardless of whether they have a ticket or not.

I am not a trouble causer and would appreciate it if anyone is happy to make a decent profit on a ticket for the match.:emoticon-0137-clapp

6. Scowey

Scowey Well-Known Member

The whole of the Cobbold stand is now unavailable to purchase tickets for the Leeds game.. Couple of rumours doing the rounds:

- The Club will meet with Police & Security to decide if we can actually allow Leeds to have more seats, potentially the whole Cobbold upper
    - The Club have spotted a lot of suspicious purchases in the Cobbold so have temporarily blocked those seats out to work out if they are genuine..

I have no real issue with giving Leeds a few more seats, but would be a bit frustrating now given we have been selling tickets for a couple of weeks and inevitably there will be Town fans who will have to be moved, which could have been avoided if we made a decision and stuck to it.

7. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

The whole thing is quite unnecessary. It would be a bumper crowd so why not just fund extra security with the extra ticket sales?

8. Scowey

Scowey Well-Known Member

My point I was trying to make is that previously when we gave them the Upper Cobbold we moved season ticket holders to other parts of the ground.. Which is fair enough. There were some grumbles, but fans were told fairly early & they could choose were they were relocated.

The issue we have now is that those Season ticket holders may have purchased additional tickets near to them for friends & family, as well as other fans that have purchased their tickets for the game in the Cobbold Upper. All of these will potentially now have to be moved.. Which is frustrating for fans who have only recently bought their tickets & a lot of hassle for the club to relocate them to other areas of the ground.

Had we have not been selling Cobbold Upper in the first place would not have been an issue.. Just seems like another example of poor planning from the club

Nuggets likes this.
  9. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

Agreed Scowey, absolute shambles.

Treating both sets of supporters like children is the club getting it wrong once again and I wouldn't be surprised if there was dodgy activity - Leeds have huge numbers and the game will undoubtedly be to either clinch promotion or possibly the title.