1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Prediction League Thus end season 2018/2019

Discussion in 'Portsmouth' started by antipodean exile, May 14, 2019.

1. antipodean exile

antipodean exile Well-Known Member

Well Gent's that's it for this season - final predictions topped by MAJR with 15 then Devo and I followed with 14 then Woopert with 9 - final table as if it matters
    Me 355
    Woops 331
    MAJR 313
    Devo 288

Thanks for participating and Devo you could have been a lot closer except for those nature rambles some weekends - Closer to the start of next season will put out feelers - I am back in the land of my birth in August/September for a family visit also to do a Back Roads Of Britain Tour - the one that goes from London to Edinburgh should be good if the weather holds will be on the prayer mat praying for sunshine - cheers:emoticon-0103-cool:

Wooperts_duck likes this.
  2. devonFRATTONiser

devonFRATTONiser Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Thanks for doing this.

Having done the attendance game a few seasons ago I can appreciate the work that goes into it

<ok>

3. Wooperts_duck

Wooperts_duck Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

<cheers> anti. Hope you enjoy your well deserved holiday back in Blighty in a few months time.

It's the big match for us tonight versus Blunderland. It will determine whether we go up, or stay down for another season.

Will it be :1980_boogie_down: or <wah> after the final whistle......:emoticon-0127-lipss

4. antipodean exile

antipodean exile Well-Known Member

Hey Woopert - not the result you wanted but if you didn't have the quality in the squad not to get regularly beaten in the Championship its a double edged sword.
    As for the low life that couldn't help themselves in coming on your site and gloating - oxygen thieves.
    Did you notice increased security after that death threat ?
    It sounds as if your owners are not keen to spash the cash?
    It will be interesting to see if our Chinese majority owner dips into his pocket - nothing in the January xfer window so lets hope he backs Ralph with some quality recruitment - we need a clear out we have a lot of players on our books a lot who are not up to standard.
    Looking forward to my hols especially the Back Roads tour - with a bit of luck I might be able to get at least one game in.

Cheers <cheers>:emoticon-0157-sun::emoticon-0103-cool:

Wooperts_duck likes this.
  5. Wooperts_duck

Wooperts_duck Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

Hey anti - quite a few of our players looked jaded yesterday evening, so it wasn't to be. Blunderland have only beaten us once this season in five meetings, and they haven't forgiven us for beating them at Wembley in the Checkatrade Trophy final :)
    There was increased security both outside and inside the ground last night. A lot more police there, just because of an idiot threatening to re-enact the Manchester Arena bombing at Fratton Park. What an utter lowlife <doh>
    I reckon we will now lose three or four of our best players - Matt Clarke/Jamal Lowe/Nathan Thompson/Craig MacGillivray, to other clubs, but that's life....
    As long as we receive decent fees for them, Kenny can reinvest the money in good young replacements for next season.
    We have had an enjoyable season, so not all bad !
    Ralph did really well in keeping Saints up last season. It's a crying shame that most of the Premier League sides have foreign managers though. I reckon one of the so called "top six" clubs in the league should take a punt on Eddie Howe of Bournemouth. He is a very intelligent person, who reads the game well, and gets the best out of players. Still, what do I know ?! <laugh>

Enjoy the Summer, and your "Road Trip" - don't forget to tip the driver :emoticon-0148-yes:

antipodean exile likes this.