1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Daily Racing Thread Thursday 2nd. January 2020

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by attivo, Jan 1, 2020.

1. attivo

attivo Well-Known Member

Thursday's Meetings

Lingfield

A/W 8 Races 11:45-3:30p.m.
    Ayr
    N/H 7 Races 12:30-3:45p.m.
    Meydan(UAE)
    Dirt&Turf 6 Races 2:30-5:25p.m.
    Chelmsford(E)
    A/W 8 Races 4:00-7:30p.m.

Racecards
    At The Races
    Racing Post
    Sporting Life

Good Luck <ok>

2. LordGyllene

LordGyllene Well-Known Member

Ayr 2.40 One For Harry

- Nicky Richards has had 40 % of his handicap hurdlers in the money at Ayr over the last 5 years
    - One For Harry runs with his lowest ever mark today (125) and 10 lb below his last winning mark
    - has been running well at Ayr in the past
    - last run (returning from a break) hinted some promise when leading until 3 out

Stable not in top form at the moment but enough pointers to think this one is no forlorn each way hope today.

3. NassauBoard

NassauBoard Well-Known Member

A selection in the first at Ayr -

On paper this looks a match between the two bumper winners in Blazer's Mill and Marown, but I don't think the form of the bumpers is a true reflection on chances in this race. Both haven't been seen for over 290 days, and both are big horses who may well need the run. Blazer's Mill hasn't taken much racing at all and he must have had an injury since his debut bumper win, which is obviously a negative for a market leader at 11/10.

He was very impressive on debut, he looked like a big strong and straight horse, he galloped on very strongly and today he is the right favourite. The same can't be said for Marown, who to me looked a big baby of a horse who had plenty of developing to do. Again having been off for the best part of a year I think he may have been given time to develop into his frame.

Marown's race looked to fall apart with the second horse coming from well off the pace to get close enough to Marown at the line. He looked in need of a trip and more experience, and hopefully the Hemming's colours are going to be carried by another good horse in Marown. However time is what he needs, and then fences!!

Therefore I am looking beyond the front two and it is Sirwilliamwallace who is very interesting. He was one of few who tried to keep tabs on Ribble Valley and Sir Valentine on his hurdles debut, and he wasn't given a hard time at all when his chance had gone. He then stayed on nicely enough after blundering two out, to suggest that this step up in trip is going to suit, especially in calmer waters here.

His bumper run looks strong, and whilst Portstorm did get close to him that day, it was the way that the race panned out that favoured Portstorm more and Sirwilliamwallace did cause a few concerns for Nickolson that day and again that is probably as good bumper form as we've got in this race

He is 11/2 so i've had a maggoty each way bet

4. As We Know

As We Know 1 of the top judges in Europe

Meydan 4.50 Ibn Malik 10/3

5. OddDog

OddDog Mild mannered janitor
    Staff Member

Big plunge on him but only place money <ok>

6. NassauBoard

Trevor Hemmings has a nice horse for chases next season with the winner. The one in third will be interesting to see what happens with his handicap mark. They might then put it into a race!

7. LordGyllene

Lingfield 3.30 Presence Process

CD-winner who showed more last time when 6th (Close up for a long time). Handicap mark gives this one every chance and first time cheekpieces could eak out some more improvement.

8. LordGyllene

Ayr 3.10 Smugglers Stash

Won on both cd starts and is 4 lb below last winning mark. Stable not firing but had had some placed runners recently and often does well at Ayr.

9. CaptainPops

CaptainPops Well-Known Member

Fear not fellas...Wetherspoons January sale started today..so its not just your traditional high street shops looking to woo customers in.:emoticon-0128-hi: . Plenty of bargains with the following sale prices:

Pint of Shipyard at £2.35, a pint of Coors Light at £2.35, a glass of Coldwater Creek wine (175ml glass) at £2.30.

Guinness £2.65 a pint, Magners £1.89 a pint with Gordon's gin (single measure with mixer) priced at £2.45.

For those wanting to do a dry January there are plenty of soft drink offers too. There will be many of the usual types who like nothing better than to come in to work and tell everyone they are doing "dry January". A real "look at me" syndrome.

Roughly 2 weeks to get involved if you are tempted. :emoticon-0148-yes:

10. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

What the hell is happening at CFC Nass. Just sacked their manager I see. They used to be a really strong team

11. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Haven't read through the thread so apologies if anyone has already mentioned this. I couldn't believe the amount of ground made up by Windsor Cross today at Lingfield after meeting all sorts of trouble and having to come widest of all. And it was a decent time. It was a class 5 race and he has had 12 runs since his last win. In the last 2 years he has won a class 3 and class 4 race achieving RPRs of 83 and 84. He has also achieved some appallingly low ratings. But the way he ran today suggests he has some ability and with a clear run he would have won. He has won under 3 different jockeys. The jockey today was C Murtagh who has ridden him 4 times, including the last twice and it wouldn't surprise me if he became jockey number 4 to win on this young grey gelding in the not too distant future

12. NassauBoard

god, I could write thousands of words about this and still barely scratch the surface. It’s a remarkable story of mismanagement which has left the club in a horrible position of in the relegation zone in the conference with a monthly shortfall of 150k in finances.

Hopefully the club will change hands in next six weeks and we can be rid of the virus that’s taken us so far down. It’s going to be a long and horrible route back if we can get past this.

13. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

We've been there Nass. It was a nightmare. We got rid of the loan shark owner who had us over a barrel and left us millions in debt. The fans took over but after a few years it was clear that it was not sustainable, losing about £600k per annum. We almost went out of the league a few seasons back but were saved by a final day win away and Bristol Rovers losing. Somehow we got into League 1 on a shoestring budget, often not being able to field a full bench. This season we started out one of the favs to be relegated and up to 100/1 to win the league. Now we have new owners who have cleared our debt and upped our budget and we are up there with the leaders at present. I don't expect to stay there unless we can get some more decent players in the Jan window (we are struggling in defence with 3 key defenders and striker out), but it has been a very enjoyable first half of the season with our start of season target being to not get relegated

Hope your team get sorted out and get back to the team I remember and back in the league where you belong. Morale is so important