1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Daily Racing Thread Thursday 25th. April 2019

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by attivo, Apr 24, 2019.

1. attivo

attivo Well-Known Member

Thursday's Meetings

Beverley

Flat 8 Races 1:40-5:25p.m.
    Perth
    N/H 7 Races 1:50-5:10p.m.
    Warwick
    N/H 7 Races 2:00-5:20p.m.
    Kempton Park(E)
    N/H 7 Races 4:40-7:50p.m.
    Tipperary(E)
    Flat 7 Races 5:05-8:10p.m.
    Chelmsford(E)
    A/W 8 Races 5:30-9:00p.m.

Racecards
    At The Races
    Racing Post
    Sporting Life

Good Luck <ok>

2. stick

stick Bumper King

I am so excited to see OVERTHETOP in division one of the Warwick bumper tomorrow. A proper bumper blueblood despite starting out in a P2P. I dont mind admitting there was a tear in my eye when his gorgeous half brother cruelly lost his life on only his third start. I will be following this one with keen interest.

3. NassauBoard

NassauBoard Well-Known Member

5:10 Rizzardo - looks well handicapped to me and this race should be perfect for him. 4s looks fair enough

4. Denny4

Denny4 Active Member

There's two horses in the same race that I'm interested in today. In the 4:15 at Warwick. The first one is Nestor Park for the Pauling yard. Two wins from its last four runs and 3 wins from 9 starts. the last race it won has thrown up some winners since. Last time out it was pulled up in a better race but I'm happy to write that off as a blip and take the chance it'll get back on form today and 11/2 doesn't look too unreasonable a price.

The other horse in the race I'm more curious than confident about is Max Forte. On the face of it the form is pretty much non existent and you'd have to go back to October last year for the last time you could consider the horse showed a competitive run. However today is its first run after having wind surgery and it's on a decent(ish) mark. At more than double the price of Nestor Park this one might be worth a go ew at around 14/1. Reverse forecast on too.

5. stick

stick Bumper King

There are a couple that I think are worth a punt today;

THE LAZY MONKEY 15/2 Beverley 2.15

Comes from a nice family and went off favourite for his debut run at Chelmsford a week ago. He is obviously well thought of and with the experience under his belt I expect a much bolder showing today.

THEFLYINGPORTRAIT 11/2 Perth 2.25
    Not getting any younger but was in fine form before going to the Cheltenham and Aintree festivals. Performances there have convinced the handicapper to relax a grip and he is back off a mark which although would be his highest winning mark it is realistic. The yard are in stonking form and conditions will suit nicely. He is 2 from 3 over course and distance and has a 50% strike rate in this grade!

6. Sir Barney Chuckles

Sir Barney Chuckles Who Dares Wins

Hello, team.

I’m greatly looking forward to the 2nd racecourse appearance of O Connell Street (5.55 Warwick). My regular readers may recall me raving about this one long before he made his bow, last month, which was a respectable, if not spectacular, opening as he finished runner-up at Market Rasen. This old boy though has a brilliant pedigree being a half-brother to ’19 Ballymore victor, City Island, and his dam is a half-sister to not one, but 2 (makes you go all Lady Bracknell doesn’t it?!? What, what, what, what, what?!?) Champion Hurdle winners. However, I certainly ain’t backing the old boy at current prices as this Dundrum Wood cost more than the value of a minor Royal’s weekly giro and a couple of the unraced types could quite literally be anything. One to look out for though today and unquestionably next season when he goes hurdling. Could the dam get 2 Ballymore winners on the bally bounce, me wonders?!?

Good luck all.

7. Grade One

Grade One Well-Known Member

Morning

7.40 Tipperary...without the favourite

Zarafshan @ 11-4 [Skybet]

Liked his seasonal debut run

8. jumpsfan

jumpsfan Well-Known Member

hi fellas!

perth,1 50:

rakhine state will surely be prominent in the betting here,for this combo,but the value might lie elsewhere,in the shape of ex-french FANZIO.he won well at newcastle a few starts back,before probably finding it a bit too hot on his last start.so,good chance,theres more to come,for a yard that does quite well here..

9. OddDog

OddDog Mild mannered janitor
    Staff Member

What would you do with City Island next season if he were yours? Novice chasing or a crack at the old Champion Hurdle?

10. OddDog

Staff Member

Cod filet in breadcrumbs, bolied potatoes with a sprinkling of fresh parsley (chopped leaves, not sprigs), side salad. A scrumptious 9/10.

11. SwanHills

SwanHills Well-Known Member

3:00 Perth - Oromo e/w

(Slowly improving, could do well in this field with conditions favourable? Took 11/1 with WillieHill's)

CaptainPops, Ron and Grendel like this.
  12. rainermariarilke

rainermariarilke Well-Known Member

Another ANZAC Day.
    '....and the band played Waltzing Matilda.....'

RIP, boys.

Resurgam and OddDog like this.
  13. Sir Barney Chuckles

Very difficult decision for them to make. Maybe the lineage proximity to so many Champion Hurdle winners will make them go down that route. But I’m not sure.

I see that you can get 33’s for the CH and just 12 or 14’s for the Arkle or JLT.

14. Sir Barney Chuckles

Have you got your days mixed up, old scout?!? That’s a Friday dish surely. Might even have got the 10 had you eaten it tomorrow.

OddDog likes this.
  15. Sir Barney Chuckles

While I’m on and the 2020 Cheltenham Festival in being spoken off I note that Champ is now being quoted by several firms re the CGC. As I said earlier in the month am not surprised as he’s not a young horse and if they wait until he is out of his novice year to go for the CGC they will only have one attempt at the big ‘un with this horse (as history tells us double digited animals just don’t win CGC’s anymore) - and if he pulled out lame, on that morn in 2021, that's almost all hope extinguished. Not saying he will win by any means (am still firmly in the Santini camp) but I would be very wary of backing Champ, people, for any novice chase at next terms Cheltenham because if he does turn out to be very good over fences there is a huge chance he will be asked to compete in the CGC.

16. OddDog

Staff Member

I've posted this in the old "suggestion box" but don't expect any response. Might be a German thing.

17. jumpsfan

perth,2 25:

well,from a handicapping point of view,there are two,that take the eye here,FOXTAIL HILL and double ws.both have fallen a long way in their respective marks,and not easy,but the twiston-davies horse might have a fitness edge over his rival,and this small field gives him a better chance to dominate.so,he looks a solid enough contender..

18. jumpsfan

perth,3 00:

not the strongest of contests,but one,that could see ST GEORGES OVAL figure.hes another,who has dropped a long way since last years better efforts,and his last run a few days ago wasnt devoid of promise.is now on a very tempting mark,so if able to find a bit extra today,can run well..e w flyer..

19. OddDog

Staff Member

Barney Roy back in training with Appleby after flopping at stud. Might even run next week already.

20. Denny4

Denny4 Active Member

Well done

SwanHills likes this.