1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

This has got Magilton, Hughes and Hart written all over it

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by danishqp, Aug 27, 2014.

1. danishqp

danishqp Well-Known Member

I don't blame Redknapp, I seriously dont, but it is clear he never really wanted this job, would have been happy to retire and the strong points he did have, have disappeared with Father time.

How long can Tony Fernandes keep screwing his investors over?

Time for Arry to go was at Wembley in May but how long now?

Just how much Deja vu does everyone need? It certainly isn't a risk to let him go now, it will be in 10 games.

2. Grifter

Grifter Well-Known Member

We've got 4 wins in 27 PL games under Redknapp

3. Hooped Dreams

Hooped Dreams Member

A perfect man for the job in my opinion would be MK Dons man Karl Robinson, young and wanting to prove himself, that 4-0 demolish of manure showed it

4. Congleton_QPR

Congleton_QPR Active Member

That is not a good statistic at all.......

5. Loftus Toad

Loftus Toad Active Member

Well put Danish.
    I agree. His heart has never been with us.....a bit like Taarabt (and even Barton - he would drop us in a heartbeat if he could).

Time to move on. The fella is an OAP. And I don't mean it in a derogatory way.....He is literally to old to be effective. The guy can't even stand up for a game.

He will always be loved by British football fans cos he is a character. But time waits for no man. Even if he keeps us up, realistically how long can he keep doing this? Not far off 70. Now that would be silly.

6. Radek

Radek Member

Fantastic :emoticon-0114-dull:

7. Uber_Hoop

Uber_Hoop Well-Known Member

In what way is it clear that he never really wanted the job? He's 67 years old and independently wealthy and doesn't particularly need the money to secure his retirement. He could have gone when the Rs were relegated. He could have gone on a high after the play-off triumph. All this criticism of Redknapp not being motivated to succeed at QPR is, in my humble opinion, complete rot.

8. danishqp

It's horrendous - worse than Hughes. He never got over losing the England job.
    He's bullied players in public, ostracised them and then at some points even brought them back in, he's lost the plot but the one I aim my irateness at is El Tone - seriously deluded if he thanks he has a clue how to run sportinglife teams.
    Much easier in the Business he's in coupled with the part of the World it operates in. Well educated, humble, hungre to work people willing to work for 20 USD a day. You just don't get that in the Western footballing World.

9. rangercol

rangercol Well-Known Member

I have no evidence to back it up, but I believe that he has little passion for our club. I'm just going on the evidence of my own eyes.

10. Uber_Hoop

So he's just taking the money, treading water and waiting for a payoff, huh? If that were true he'd have been found out ages ago. To my knowledge Redknapp has never had any previous connections with the club, so on that basis I have no problem if he lacks full-blown passion for the club. I also don't have any problem if he's pretty motionless during games either. What I do want, however, is reversal of current fortunes. Like I said before, if the team is winning I wouldn't mind if there was a festering corpse in the dugout.

11. Grifter

Grifter Well-Known Member

"just need one or two"

12. danishqp

Redknapp is old school who will work till they drop, he'll always find it hard to walk from the pound note. He had finally got the big club he felt he deserved and he made a great fist of it. So much so, that at the time he was the rightful choice for England manager that would have served as a fun retirement job.
    That it affected him so badly cannot be disputed in the way he took his eye off the last few months of that season depriving him and Spurs of the deserved 3rd place.
    Is then fired at Spurs and cant believe it ends like that. Tony, the super motivator and seller of dreams persuades him to join us, promising him the World, he even forked out 12.5 M on Samba for him.

We've seen none of the previous passion, not a flicker of a smile, not one piece of evidence of his legendary management skills other than what he did with Barton - of all people.

Where has the attacking style gone- where has his desire to win any type of Cup gone?

It went with the England job.

Don't blame him, blame the guy who wouldn't stop till he got his man - Tony's a dreamer and would have loved the irony of putting one over Gold and Sullivan with a West Ham legend.

13. Azmi

Azmi Well-Known Member

Well said. About time someone woke up and smelt the coffee.

14. danishqp

Then I've been living in Starbucks for the past 2 and a bit seasons

15. Stroller

Stroller Well-Known Member

Well, what we seem to have is a losing team and a festering corpse. Not the best.

16. Uber_Hoop

Jeez, Danish, I don't even know where to begin with that lot. I guess as you took the time to type it out, you believe it. I don't know either Redknapp or Fernandes as well as you believe that you do, so cannot for the time being arrive at the same conclusions as you have, I'm afraid.

17. danishqp

You just need to know people Uber, we're all very, very predictable. And then again I might be completely off trail here and Redknapp has a genuine enthusiasm for the task at hand, is a true inspiring leader and Tone is a man who deals solely on facts and is completely risk averse.

Has Redknapp EVER looked happy since he's been with us?

18. CroydonCaptainJack

CroydonCaptainJack Well-Known Member

Good post uber. I totally agree. Of course he cares.

19. CroydonCaptainJack

CroydonCaptainJack Well-Known Member

Do you want a medal?

20. Quality Passing Rules

Quality Passing Rules Well-Known Member

Have to say Uber, very convincing points you make there.