1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Thierry Henry backs Alexis Sanchez exit after Liverpool humiliation

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by lazarus20000, Aug 28, 2017.

1. lazarus20000

lazarus20000 Well-Known Member

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/foot...ol-Thierry-Henry-Transfer-News-Rumours-Gossip

ARSENAL legend Thierry Henry has questioned why Alexis Sanchez would stay at the Gunners after their humiliating defeat to Liverpool.

When asked about the former Barcelona star, Henry told Sky Sports: "Why would he stay after watching this? After this type of performance?

“That is why they [Sanchez and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain] are not renewing their contracts. There is something wrong with Arsenal at the minute.

"It was unwatchable, at one point I wanted to leave. I don't relate to the team and I don't think a lot of the fans do. That is a problem.

"The word I have used for a long time is comfort. Everything is comfortable at Arsenal.

“Everyone can stay, you don't try to find out the player you can be, it's ok to play well, and if you're not playing well there's not the pressure you should have at a big club.

"You are not even competing. It's on them to change it, but everything is nice and it cannot be like that."

Strong words from Henry and quite surprising coming from a loyal Wenger supporter. I wonder if he knows something isn't right behind the scenes.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2017
    Sir Tennisball likes this.
  2. blukyt

blukyt Well-Known Member

He speaks the truth, and nothing but!