1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

THE YANKS SPEAK

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by DragonPhilljack, Feb 9, 2018.

1. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

The Yanks speaking in the Guardian:

“We’re evaluating how we improve our process and that may be bringing in additional people in roles that could help,” Levien says. “The key for us is how do we learn from the mistakes that we’ve made and get better. So adding additional resources to that is something we’re looking closely at.”

Jenkins, who is heavily involved in transfers, has said he will consider his position at the end of the season. The chairman has come in for heavy criticism from a section of the supporters, yet Kaplan and Levien take an alternative view. “Huw works his tail off, he’s dedicated to the club, he’s loyal to everything going on in the organisation, so we want him with us,” adds Levien. “That being said, we want to continue to improve the [recruitment] process.”

In all the doom and gloom, Carvalhal’s arrival has provided some light. Swansea go into Saturday’s home game against Burnley unbeaten in eight matches, out of the relegation zone and with a renewed sense of hope. “The thing that’s really come through to me since Carlos has been with us is that his passion for football surpasses virtually anyone I’ve been around,” Kaplan says. “He loves the game and that affects the entire club.”

Full Article here Link: https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/feb/09/swansea-owners-interview-made-some-mistakes

Stumpy likes this.
  2. DragonPhilljack

Reading between the lines the Americans admitting Huw has to take some of the blame for poor transfers?

3. PGFWhite

PGFWhite Well-Known Member

“We’re evaluating how we improve our process and that may be bringing in additional people in roles that could help,” Levien says. “The key for us is how do we learn from the mistakes that we’ve made and get better. So adding additional resources to that is something we’re looking closely at.”

We're incompetent, so we're trying to find people who know what they are doing

Jenkins, who is heavily involved in transfers, has said he will consider his position at the end of the season. The chairman has come in for heavy criticism from a section of the supporters, yet Kaplan and Levien take an alternative view. “Huw works his tail off, he’s dedicated to the club, he’s loyal to everything going on in the organisation, so we want him with us,” adds Levien. “That being said, we want to continue to improve the [recruitment] process.

For £500,000 a year that's the least I'd expect. The question is, "Is he effective?"

In all the doom and gloom, Carvalhal’s arrival has provided some light. Swansea go into Saturday’s home game against Burnley unbeaten in eight matches, out of the relegation zone and with a renewed sense of hope. “The thing that’s really come through to me since Carlos has been with us is that his passion for football surpasses virtually anyone I’ve been around,” Kaplan says. “He loves the game and that affects the entire club.”

Carlos has saved our skins.

4. Stumpy

Stumpy Well-Known Member

Reading between the lines he's gone in the summer

5. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

He wont be gone, He owns shares and being chairman i dont think he is fussed, He has made enough to last him his lifetime...

6. Stumpy

Stumpy Well-Known Member

The set up
    "We’re evaluating how we improve our process and that may be bringing in additional people" paving the way for new American appointments in the summer

The patsy
    "Huw works his tail off.......dedicated......loyal" (fair description of a guide dog there) "so we want him with us". They don't say they think "he's doing a good job" or that they "are happy with him" or they "want him to stay in the post". Reading between the lines that says HJ is resigning in the summer.

The blame
    “That being said ( BUT, just about scrubs all they've said before about their Labrador) WE (the Yanks) want to continue to improve the [recruitment] process" Distancing themselves from the problems of the past and HJ.

HJ's gone in the summer, he's a dead man walking, but, or should I say, that being said, I hope we don't end up regretting his demise.

DragonPhilljack likes this.
  7. swanseaandproud

Hugh will only leave if Hugh wants to leave......It dont make any difference the problems (if there are any) will be the same.....We dont have any option other than to trust and hope they know what they are doing for our long term future....It is their club to do what they want and those who pay and follow are merely customers who have a choice to pay or not......I chose the latter myself.....

8. ValleyGraduate12

ValleyGraduate12 Aberdude's Puppet
    Forum Moderator

Well....when Hugh leaves, I hope he takes Huw with him too :)

9. neveroffsidereff

neveroffsidereff Well-Known Member

Who’s Hugh??

10. swanseaandproud

Who are the Swans...??

11. neveroffsidereff

neveroffsidereff Well-Known Member

This lot!!!
    images.jpg

Stumpy and Taffvalerowdy like this.
  12. swanseaandproud

thought so <ok>

neveroffsidereff likes this.
  13. swanseaandproud

These Americans after the done deals so far look to be with us for the long haul.....Good, Bad or indifferent we have to accept it and there is nobody more than me that tries to fathom out what their game is. . You try to read between the lines and you add 2+2 and come up with 5......There are things that the fans not just from Swansea and the surrounding areas but fans world wide need to know their long term plans are.....Why for instance have they recruited 25 Americans as part of the Club with them heading the consortium. .We want to know what part they will be playing with the club.. We know nothing and it's about time we did know what the future holds or we will keep on guessing and sumising and getting it wrong.....We deserve better than this....

When Swans are flying likes this.
  14. 55282

55282 Well-Known Member

Check out @SwanseaCityLive’s Tweet:

15. Nosugarman1

Nosugarman1 Well-Known Member

I never try to read between the lines I only believe what I see and what I hear. But I am one of life's innocents:emoticon-0131-angel

16. ValleyGraduate12

ValleyGraduate12 Aberdude's Puppet
    Forum Moderator

Whereas Dai believes the stories he makes up <laugh>

17. swanseaandproud

And you dont Valley ..<laugh>

18. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Matthew Bound Still Lurks Well-Known Member

IMO I don't belive their here for the long haul, far from it , the lease with the naming rights along with Mawson Ayew brothers Fed and Fabi are the pot of gold that the yanks will want to make big money on , if they are here for decent length of time then why aren't they investing in the real money maker (players ) and the PL to try and stay in it

19. DragonPhilljack

Most Venture Capitalists simply take a company and streamline it for sale to bigger fish!......... <ok>

Taffvalerowdy likes this.
  20. Bob the slob

Bob the slob Well-Known Member