1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Rocky's Bar

Discussion in 'Wycombe' started by Rocky blue army, May 14, 2011.

1. philhythe

philhythe Well-Known Member

It has been proved many times in football money does not necessarily buy success lots of it will get you into the top six of the Premier League but winning it is a different ball game altogether. For PSG, Bayern Munich, & the two Spanish clubs forgotten there names for now. It will probably put you into the top two

2. Rocky blue army

Rocky blue army Well-Known Member

Agree with most of that Phil but our clubs have a distinct disadvantage at the moment because the premiership is so competative any one of six clubs can win it but in the other leagues the likes of psg bayern and Juventus they only have 2 or 3 games a season in their league where they may have to field their first team to win the game because they have no competition but if you don't field your strongest team in the premier league you are likely to drop points .psg are far superior than most teams now they have the financial clout to buy any player on the planet and he won't have to play 50 odd hard competetive games to win anything

3. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

No Rocky. Not a fan of any French team. I would support our nearest team which is Saint Lo, mainly because my grandsons play for their U13s and under 9s

4. philhythe

philhythe Well-Known Member

As you say its a different level but you have Celtic in what I would call a minor league are so far above the other teams (& it is happening all over Europe) you do wonder why people pay good money to watch it.

5. Rocky blue army

Agree with you on that one since rangers were penalised financially and sent down the leagues celtic have run riot.if both Glasgow teams were in the premiership they would struggle to stay up but after a few seasons of tv money they would be a force

6. Rocky blue army

Hey Ron
    I have just seen something in East London that I thought might amuse you as you live in France. I just dropped a punter off in wapping and popped into a cafe to grab some breakfast there was a french lorry parked in there with a small number plate hanging up in his cab with fido dildo written on it <laugh>. I wondered 2 things does it mean the same in french and was he delivering batteries :emoticon-0136-giggl

7. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

No idea Rocky I've asked Amanda and it doesn't mean anything in French. In France a dildo is called a god <rofl>

No idea about the Fido bit. Maybe it's a dog sex toy <laugh>

Last edited: Nov 10, 2017
  8. Rocky blue army

I knew you would come back with an answer like that mate <laugh>

9. Rocky blue army

Popped in to blow the cobwebs off. ..
    Well done to ex wycombe starlet Jordan Ibe making my day yesterday by getting the match winner against the goons made my weekend after wycombe beat the scum and spurs smashed Everton. Poor old gooners <laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh>

Guywanderer likes this.
  10. Guywanderer

Guywanderer Well-Known Member

Yes good weekend Rocky I've finally good results and I've finally shook off the flu bugs final act the bad guts after two and a half weeks of being ill:emoticon-0141-whew:

11. Rocky blue army

Nice to hear you are on the mend.I had the sickness bug last week I could have done with a cork it was coming out of both ends.didn't eat for 3 days so on the plus side lost a bit of weight

Guywanderer likes this.
  12. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

So are you lads coming up to join us in league 1 then or do we have to drop down to join you in league 2?

Please dont say option 3 which is to replace us in league 1. I think I would cry if you say that :(

13. Rocky blue army

Hell me old mucker hope you are well.long way to go yet but we're in the mix and have a good chance but with such a small squad and bloody injuries you never know. Hopefully we will join you in div 1 and renew our rivalry <cheers>

Captain Jack Sparrow likes this.
  14. Rocky blue army

I see ex wycombe manager Paul lambert has landed the stoke job.I wonder if stoke will go back to playing hoofball <laugh>.ex blues legend Martin oneil turned it down he knows how crap they are<laugh>

15. Rocky blue army

Just been listening to talk sport they were talking to Sergio torres about his life in England and his football career was a good listen and apparently he is going to be making a documentary on his life should be interesting. Top Man when he was at wycombe.

Guywanderer and Ron like this.
  16. Guywanderer

Yes I heard that as well mate in his three seasons with us he always put in a shift as well as being a crowd favourite

Ron and Rocky blue army like this.
  17. Rocky blue army

So with wycombe sitting nicely just behind league leaders Luton how many more points do you think we need to get automatic promotion. Haven't looked at other teams fixtures yet but surely some of them around us have to play each other and therefore can't all pick up 3 points in those games maybe 6 or 7 wins would do it.

18. Guywanderer

Hello mate I like to take a guess when we have 10 games left <cheers>

Rocky blue army likes this.
  19. mowgli1960

mowgli1960 Well-Known Member

Once we have at least 8 wins i'll start to relax even if we lose most of the 5 remaining it should be enough,lets start by paying Morecambe back thumping them on Saturday as they've cost us promotion a couple of times recently :steam:

Guywanderer, Ron and Rocky blue army like this.
  20. Rocky blue army

There's a nice piece on Gareth ainsworth in the guardian today on the wycombe way of doing things ie hardly any backroom staff no reserve or youth teams and yet we are still 2nd in the league :emoticon-0137-clapp:emoticon-0137-clapp

Guywanderer and Ron like this.