1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Rocky's Bar

Discussion in 'Wycombe' started by Rocky blue army, May 14, 2011.

1. Guywanderer

Guywanderer Well-Known Member

There are always goals at Adams Park admittedly usually in the warm up

mowgli1960 likes this.
  2. mowgli1960

mowgli1960 Well-Known Member

And even those are by the opposition <laugh><laugh>

3. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Where is Owen these days? He used to get a few

4. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Our owner has posted this on twitter....

Looks like we are best chums now <laugh>

Guywanderer and Ron like this.
  5. Guywanderer

Come on England

6. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Pissed off by that performance. First half we could have been 4-1 up. Second half didn't seem to wake up for some time. I like Harry Kane but tonight I thought he was far too slow and should have been substituted. When Russia had to chase the game I would have taken off Kane and put Vardy on to finish them off on the break. No idea why Rooney and Sterling were taken off and even more surprised by the replacements. They were well on top near the end and coasting. How, with little over a minute left, they managed to concede a corner which led to the goal I don't know. Pure sloppiness. Walker seems to have an aversion to crossing with his left foot which meant that whenever he had the chance to, he had to turn in order to cross with his right. So bloody predictable that he lost the ball nearly every time he was forced into that situation. I can't tolerate players who can only kick with one foot.

7. mowgli1960

Kane taking corners why? Surely he should be the player to aim for,there must be someone who Hodgson picked who can take a corner after all they are on thousands a week but can't cross a ball from there. Subs were as bizarre as Ainsworth's in his first season in charge. If hodgson keeps the same starting XI against Wales we're ****ed!

8. Guywanderer

I thought the performance was mostly good Kane did look a little lost at times and Vardy should have replaced him in the second half at least to stop him taking corners Sterling as always was a headless chicken but he dose have pace and should have been replaced by Wilshere after we scored and dropped Rooney back alongside Dier also when they had a corner Why Oh Why did we have all our players in or around the area should have left a quick player up front to occupy they their defenders that said we will beat Wales and Slovakia with minor adjustments

9. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

You've got more faith in the England team than I have mate. I thought the match was like so many I've seen over the years and commented to the other half on that during the game. How many times have you seen your own team on top so much that you think this will be a hiding for the opposition only to not be able to put any of your chances away. You all know that if on top you HAVE to score and make it count. If you don't do that then it's an unwritten rule that the weak opposition will bite your arse in the end. Russia were poor. England should have hammered them and been out of sight by halftime. Kane was a shaddow and looked completely out of it. He should have been off in the first 20 minutes. The full backs were brilliant overlapping wise all game. Rooney was decent even if I don't like him normally. He should have been up front as he knows how to score. Midfield was decent. It was the end product all night long that screwed the result. I've watched a number of Countries play now and all the other usual suspects manage to get a result except us. Normal service is resumed after the qualifying stages as per norm.

Guywanderer likes this.
  10. Guywanderer

Wales W2 L1 D0 Pts6
    England W1 L0 D2 Pts5
    Rep I W1 L1 D1 Pts4
    N I W1 L2 D0 Pts3
    Scotland W0 L0 D0 Pts0
    :emoticon-0105-wink:

Last edited: Jun 22, 2016

11. Guywanderer

Engerland Engerland Engerland :1980_boogie_down:

12. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Pity he didn't make those substitutions against Russia.

13. Guywanderer

What's the heck is going on reported on Sky Sports News England fans seen drinking water in St Etienne in the build up to tonight's match:emoticon-0103-cool:

14. Guywanderer

Congratulations Wales clearly a better team than England playing to their strengths and defending properly <magic>

Ron likes this.
  15. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Christ I came in here for a quick drink having just read something on the beeb website and find it deserted and full of cobwebs not websites.

The reason I needed the drink was that I got a shock. I read that a fan had been banned for the abuse he gave Akinfenwa at Cambridge. I thought at first that was half your home support gone until I read it again and found out it was a Cambridge fan who was banned. What a relief.<doh>

I am still wondering how the bloke concerned still has his head on his shoulders? You have to be a double moron to racially abuse anyone but the double comes in when it's somebody the size of Akinfenwa. Perhaps he was trying to commit suicide as his team were losing.

mowgli1960, Ron and Guywanderer like this.
  16. mowgli1960

It was a young girl who racially abused The Beast, she boasted about it on Facebook after the game apparently and other Cambridge fans informed the club so she deserves to be be banned the pathetic racist.

17. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Well done to the Cambridge fans

18. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Well that's a first then. A female who doesn't think size matters. She doesn't want a date does she?:emoticon-0109-kiss:

19. Rocky blue army

Rocky blue army Well-Known Member

What's going on in the crazy world of football this week Birmingham sack their manager when he has done an amazing job on a low budget and are well placed in the league and bring in zola <doh>. could have shot themselves in the foot with the fixtures coming up.the other news today is the world's oldest club Notts County are on the brink and have a winding up hearing on Monday .I feel sorry for their supporter's as we all know at wycombe how bad that is .good luck to them Monday I hope something can be done so they can survive .

Guywanderer likes this.
  20. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Then they bloody well beat us. Ungrateful sods <laugh>