1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The view after 10 games

Discussion in 'Bristol Rovers' started by Gastronomic, Sep 27, 2015.

1. Gastronomic

Gastronomic Well-Known Member

After another close match but disappointing narrow defeat, how do you think we're doing?

Ten games is reckoned to be a fair reflection of how things are likely to go, and we're nearly there. But clearly a few things need to change.

So what needs to change?

The shift from 5-3-2 to 4-4-2 has made a difference a few times.

But where are we strong and where does DC need to change things around?

I thought the Taylor/Harrison Combo was on fire by the end of last season. Easter's still a bit off the pace and although he's obviously got more experience, I would use him more as a sub. Taylor's too important to leave on the bench.

We've missed Leadbitter and Mansell seems to have been carrying an injury or is still getting back to 100%.

And we haven't seen the commitment we saw in our own penalty area last season, when everyone seemed committed to blocking the shots and crosses. I would like to see McChrystal come back. He may be slow, but he's a great leader.

I think it's still a decent squad with a few players who can come in and change things. But things definitely need to change.

2. Gasheadseamge79

Gasheadseamge79 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Until we get a proven goal scorer or two in I think we will just keep sinking its all very well putting in a good performance but that doesn't get you the points their are funds available but it seems to me that DC thinks the current players can do the job which is a bit foolish IMO. We currently have the second worse scoring record in the league. We've tried several combo up front and nothing has really worked and still DC won't give Lucas a start he will never get experience if he doesn't play besides he cant be any worse then the other strikers. The whole striker think really gets my back up DC has had well over a year to find a striker and still nothing this isn't an attack on DC as I still think he's the man for the job but FFS come on every club seems to have a goal scorers except us <wah> So come on DC get phoning around to your contacts and find someone once we've sorted it out we will sore up the table :emoticon-0148-yes:

3. old timer

old timer Well-Known Member

The aim set out by DC was top 7 finish with the aim of 25 wins over the season. We I believe are missing the influence of Lee Mansell in midfield and if we don't get a striker that can find the back of the net consistently then I think we are heading for a relegation scrap again. I know Easter isn't fully fit but when he was taken off yesterday Harrison looked totally lost without any support upfront, Matty Taylor is a good player and works hard but he is not the man to get the goals to take us up the table and into the top 7. Before the transfer window closed we were told that they were looking for a keeper plus 2/3 outfield players. The keeper arrived and I hope he stays but the others have not put in an appearance. There has been talk on this and other Rovers forums about a consortium taking over is this the reason that these players have not arrived or is it that DC believes that the current players are good enough. I firmly believe that if this squad is not strengthened upfront we will be looking at trying go escape relegation back to the Conference

4. GreatWesternGas

GreatWesternGas Well-Known Member

5. Gastronomic

Gastronomic Well-Known Member

I was surprised Blissett and Lucas were put out on loan so soon because we've seemed to lack competition up front and they both offer something a bit different.