1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Truth From a NORWICH Fan!!!!

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by johnnywarksmoustache, Oct 27, 2017.

1. johnnywarksmoustache

johnnywarksmoustache Well-Known Member

Just read this article written by a Norwich fan on our current plight and although I wanted to disagree with everything that was written I simply couldn't. It pains me to say it but this article is bang on and offers a fair if not wholly unpalatable assessment of where we are now as a football club in the grand scheme of things! The Cobbolds would no doubt be spinning in their graves if they ever knew how this great club which they built and took great pride in has turned into a bloody laughing stock! Norwich are light years ahead of us in many ways and I fear that as time goes on we shall continue to become more and more irrelevant.

Give it a read and it will be good to get your honest feedback as a Townie!

http://norwichcity.myfootballwriter...g-80-million-in-debt-but-if-mr-milne-says-it/

Last edited: Oct 27, 2017
    Southcoastoldgaffer and Nuggets like this.
  2. Bigalreigned

Bigalreigned Well-Known Member

Once you look past the author's motivation,which is obviously to gloat at our predicament,a lot of what he says is true and depressing for us.That said,given their "superior" players,coaching staff and set-up,they aren't that much better at playing football than us and I can see them being stuck in "The Second Division" for some time to come too.

Southcoastoldgaffer likes this.
  3. johnnywarksmoustache

The worrying thing about this season is that we have a few players who contracts run out at the end of the season as well as McCarthy's so where is the motivation for them to "play" for us between now and then? They will be more concerned with their long term future then playing for the blue shirt. McCarthy wont give a toss as he is being well paid to produce this sh1t week in and week out! Nice work if you can get it!

Southcoastoldgaffer likes this.
  4. yorkiegit

yorkiegit Active Member

Hard to read but hard to argue against

5. Nuggets

Nuggets Well-Known Member

Overall, a brutally honest and a well-written piece.

We could argue with the tone and some of the barbs the writer has thrown in there, but the essence of his article encapsulates what is said on here week-in, week-out. It's surprisingly somebody outside our fan-base can pinpoint the problems, because most of what I hear from other fans and pundits / journalists is something along the lines of 'McCarthy is a good manager doing a great job at Ipswich', 'you lot are lucky to have Mick in charge' etc.

As some of us on here have already identified, the main issue with our stagnation is the running of the club and the uncertainty of our owner's intentions. When Mick goes, hopefully at the end of his contract this summer, my fear is that his replacement will be a similar manager in age, footballing philosophy, and achievements in a bygone era. It's a recruitment system that has not worked for us under Evans tenure (except one play off season), and therefore it makes no sense to continue down this misguided path.

6. johnnywarksmoustache

I nearly threw the TV remote at the TV last week when the commentators on SKY kept banging on about what a marvellous job McCarthy is doing at Ipswich and how the fans should be thankful to have him!!! That's all very well but they don't have to watch this garbage football week-in and week-out! I suppose its marginally better than being labelled as "Roy Keane's Ipswich"!

itfcptc likes this.
  7. Nuggets

Nuggets Well-Known Member

Interesting exchange between Stuart Watson, scribe at the EADT, and Mick McCarthy at the press conference yesterday concerning Mick's contract extension. Still early days but he doesn't seem overly fussed about extending it:

Q: Is it too early to ask you about your contract situation? When will you sit down with Marcus (Evans) and have that conversation?

A: “I’ve not sat down. I don’t look beyond it. It’s not my intention to be looking beyond it (end of contract) or even worry about it, or be here next year.

“I’ll finish my contract and see what happens.”

Q: Just to clarify, you’re not assuming there will be another contract offer?

A: “I’m not assuming there’ll be an offer and I hope that everybody is not assuming that if I’m offered anything that I’m actually going to accept it and stay.

“That will be dealt with. I’m not assuming anything.”

Q: There will be a decision to make from both parties, is that what you are saying?

A: “It’s my decision isn’t it? It’s my decision. Nobody can sit down and make me sign something. It’s my decision. My contract will be up in May and I’ll decide what I want to do.”

Q: And that decision will be based on what? Whether you feel you can progress? You’ve mentioned the budget you work on. What the general mood is... Will there be a lot of factors to take into account?

A: “You can assume all those things. It will be my decision what I want to do. I will have been here just the guts of six years, if I get to the end of May of course. I’ll decide what I want to do. Isn’t that a nice position to be in?”

8. fieldmarshall

fieldmarshall Well-Known Member

I don't think we need anyone outside " the Club " to tell us what we already know, that we are a Club dreadfully mismanaged from the top who employed two managers at vast expense who were absolutely useless and have never managed a league side again, then sacked the academy coach only to reappointment him later, also sold players for huge sums who cost us virtually nothing and then watched these tens of millions do a disappearing trick, and see ticket prices increase.
    We now have a " steady Eddie " manager which was needed at the time to save us from relegation but who could never be described as dynamic or exciting to watch with a few exceptions, as a result of this we have become a poorly supported, very average Championship Club, and so it will continue until there's change at the very top, I know I've been banging on about this for years and I know it's tedious but that's my take on it to the point where I'm no longer a season ticket holder, it's bloody shameful to see.

9. itfcptc

itfcptc Well-Known Member

The article is pretty much spot on although to disregard our history as only 3 stars as a distant memory is ridiculous. We've produced the 2 best England managers got a record breaking unbeaten record at home in Europe, finished 5th in the PL not too many years ago and have experienced far less relegations in recent years than them.

I also wonder if that same article would've been written a month ago? Football is a fickle game, I'm far from happy with how things are but come on there's 4 points between us and we have a game in hand!!

Nuggets likes this.
  10. canary-dave

canary-dave Well-Known Member

Do you all really not know who the author is?

11. fieldmarshall

fieldmarshall Well-Known Member

Don't care who the author is, they are only saying that which we've known for years.

canary-dave likes this.
  12. wellyblue

wellyblue Well-Known Member

A regular poster on your board a while ago now, SWGHP??

johnnywarksmoustache likes this.
  13. canary-dave

Right on Welly, good to see you! <cheers>

14. johnnywarksmoustache

Welcome back Welly, I hope this isn't a fleeting visit! <ok>

15. wellyblue

wellyblue Well-Known Member

I claim my £50 prize! <laugh>

16. canary-dave

You have to collect it in person wearing a full NCFC replica kit! ;)

17. itfcptc

As my previous comment, I wonder if this article would be written now....football is a fickle game!!

18. itfcptc

I wonder what the author of that article is saying now <laugh><laugh><laugh>

19. Bigalreigned

Bigalreigned Well-Known Member

Never mind they've got 10,000 more disgruntled fans in their ground than us!

20. Westlake33

Westlake33 Well-Known Member

Rumour has it they are on the verge of financial meltdown should they not bounce straight back up.

Would be nice to see how things are that end if they could stay down for a few years ;)

itfcptc likes this.