1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Dr Strangelove (how I learned to stop worrying and love Boris)

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Deletion Requested1, Sep 21, 2021.

1. The Exile II

The Exile II Well-Known Member

Oh look, now it's fuel.

Media - 'YOU'RE NOT PANICKING ENOUGH!'

2. Sunderpitt

Sunderpitt Well-Known Member

My understanding is that there us plenty of fuel it just needs transporting!

Anybody still have a store of bog rolls?

3. Iain

Iain Well-Known Member

I vote for who best suits my life and my family's life at the time of the election.
    I will not vote for the Labour Party because I have many generations of miners in my family.
    If Labour went back to supporting the hard working people of this country which is why they were formed in the first place they would get my vote.
    However they spent all their time looking at the biggest groups of swing voters.
    Put someone in charge who stands for what the Labour party is about and they would walk any election with the state of politics in this country.

4. The Norton Cat

The Norton Cat Well-Known Member

Which, in my opinion, is what we should all be doing!

Iain and The Berk like this.
  5. The Norton Cat

Can't say I agree with everything you've put there but I do agree about the hypocrisy from Labour.
    While the Tories lie, Labour do it just as much. One of the most outstanding ones is "we invented the NHS". That's not the case at all, it was worked on by MPs from the Liberal Party, the Conservative party, and the Labour Party. They were just the ones in power when it was launched and it would still have come into being if Churchill hadn't lost the 1945 election. But it helps them fuel this "we're the caring party" myth.

Robertson, Makemstine Roger and Saf like this.
  6. Saf

Saf Not606 Godfather+NOT606 Poster of the year 2023

Was it the last paragraph that done it? Admittedly that was lobbed in for effect. I'm uncomfortable agreeing with anybody about every single thing, it makes me feel a bit girly.

in my honest opinion, the Conservatives are now for the working class and Labour have gone to the middle classes. I expect the trend of Labour picking up more seats down south and the Conservatives picking up more seats in the north, to continue.

The Norton Cat likes this.
  7. Dancingstripes

Dancingstripes Well-Known Member

As far as I know, no one has been able to make the disease disappear, so we have to live with it, like all other diseases.

That means, like you say, some people will get sick with it. It’s part of life now I’m afraid.

Regarding tax:

The higher you tax the rich, the further you push them away from the country = less jobs for the rest.

Makemstine Roger likes this.
  8. The Norton Cat

Aye, more or less <laugh> Having said that, I believe I take a more balanced view on those two individuals than many others. Maybe I sit on the fence too much. Who knows?

There's definitely something in what you say about the shift in who the parties appeal to. The number of mothers at the school gates, in the leafy Hertfordshire town that I used to live in, who thought Jeremy Corbyn was the new messiah was very noticeable. It helps them with their virtue signalling, I think.

Saf likes this.
  9. rb92

rb92 Well-Known Member

I love how you call Johnson racist but completely ignore Diane Abbot’s past comments on race. <doh>

I hate this “cancel culture” and identity politics obsession of the left. Starmer is definitely an upgrade on the previous leader but I’m still not sure what he actually wants the Labour Party to be. It’s still full of idiots like Lisa Nandy who wants the British Army to be replaced with a peace force ffs.

Makemstine Roger, Gatesy and Saf like this.
  10. Robgee

Robgee Active Member

Corbyn is not the Labour leader. Just thought I'd let you know, it's in all the newspapers!

DH4 and Montysoptician like this.

11. Robgee

Robgee Active Member

There's not plenty of fuel if your filling station is closed!

12. The Norton Cat

Yes, I am aware of that. But I was talking about the options at the last general election, when he most certainly was the Labour leader.

13. Saf

<wah>

14. rooch 3

rooch 3 Well-Known Member

I usually drive to the next one, you are allowed to use others you know.

15. rb92

rb92 Well-Known Member

Oh **** off, lost all respect for you with that pathetic ending to your post. Embarrassing ****er.

Iain and rooch 3 like this.
  16. Saf

Look at you making excuses for the Tories you heartless little Englander racist bastard.

P.s I've just been out for the diced beef. I'll start making the stew sometime after the horse racing has finished today.

rooch 3 likes this.
  17. The Norton Cat

Just to demonstrate that I am truly as unbiased as I claim to be, I feel that I have to point out that many reports on Lisa Nandy's stance on the armed forces in the papers misrepresented her. She expressed support for a report that suggested that the role of the British Army should be more like that of UN Peacekeeping Force. Which is different to how the Sun and the Mail, amongst others presented it, who suggested that she wanted the army abolishing.

However, I have just read a left wing blog that commented on that story which was complaining about 'everyday militarism' (i.e. Armed Forces Day and kids joining cadets groups) which is a bad thing, apparently.

18. The Exile II

The Exile II Well-Known Member

I told you to take it to next door's lunatic forum......

rooch 3 likes this.
  19. Pure River Slut

Pure River Slut Well-Known Member

To cut the top 10% tax and lower income benefits isn’t the best advert for equality

DH4 likes this.
  20. Pure River Slut

Pure River Slut Well-Known Member

Don’t give a flying ****e