1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Dr Strangelove (how I learned to stop worrying and love Boris)

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Deletion Requested1, Sep 21, 2021.

1. Pure River Slut

Pure River Slut Well-Known Member

Johnson has called Muslim women letter boxes, called black people picanninies with watermelon smiles and said black people have lower intellect. What bit of that isn’t racist? Oh and he called gay men bum boys. Our prime minister. So he’s getting called what he is.

2. Pure River Slut

Then capitalism in its current form isn’t working so let’s elect someone who changes it.

Disco down under likes this.
  3. rooch 3

rooch 3 Well-Known Member

Who do you suggest?

Makemstine Roger likes this.
  4. Saf

Saf Not606 Godfather+NOT606 Poster of the year 2023

They haven't been lowered <doh>

Everybody on benefits was handed a temporary rise to help them through the pandemic. Now it has returned or about to return to the usual amount.

Makemstine Roger and Iain like this.
  5. The Norton Cat

The Norton Cat Well-Known Member

See, this, I agree with. Unfortunately, I don't see changing the political party that runs this country as the way to achieve this. I think it requires fundamental changes to people's attitudes across the majority of the 'developed' world.

No, I agree that doesn't do anything to promote equality. But when the ethos of a political movement is that as many people as possible should be working and becoming wealthier, it surely can't be seen as wishing to make the inequality gap wider. And they do have policies with stated intent of 'closing the gap'. Hard thing to achieve though.

Pure River Slut likes this.
  6. Sunderpitt

Sunderpitt Well-Known Member

Just noticed that a Foodbank Collection is happening tomorrow at the match organised by the Red & White Army

Smug in Boots likes this.
  7. Pure River Slut

I said earlier, for me it would be Green, things need a fundamental change, politics needs to be more cooperative, less media bullshit and business led , the world is in a right mess and at least they put something strong forward but without PR I vote anti tory. It seems most of the world have gone further to the right while I’ve eaten more houmous

8. rooch 3

rooch 3 Well-Known Member

Bloody love houmous mate <ok>

9. Saf

This guy is even trying to blame the pandemic on Brexit :emoticon-0136-giggl

10. Dancingstripes

Dancingstripes Well-Known Member

Why do you think the inequality gap is widening?

11. Pure River Slut

I know the questions not for me but if the concept of an economic system is that investing money makes money then them with money will make money and then with none will be servants and the haves will hate the have nots for being angry about it. That’s why we have to have a big change in values. With that I agree with Norton

clockstander likes this.
  12. Saf

'Them with money' usually start with very little and have grafted over years and with many a sleepless night to get to where they're. So them servants could maybe try and be a little more ambitious and try harder instead of taking their anger out on the world for being a failure.

Dancingstripes and Iain like this.
  13. Iain

Iain Well-Known Member

Like I've said many times, you get out of life what you put in, if you work hard put the effort in and have the ambition you will succeed.
    I still couldn't understand why people who were unemployed where given an extra £20 to help them through the pandemic.
    They were told they could sit on their arse all day , stay in their pyjamas till 3pm and not have to bother looking for a job.
    It must have a been a dream come true for most of them and they got some extra cash aswell

14. Saf

Agreed, mate. The Conservatives got that wrong. I know people who now favour Boris and the Conservatives simply because of that.

During the pandemic, they could have cut benefits by £10 a week and put up a fair argument for people not needing as much. Overall, peoples savings accounts went up and not down during lockdown. They should have held back with that £20 extra a week and give them it as we are coming out of the pandemic to encourage spending so we could get our economy spinning quickly, again.

Tories got that wrong.

Iain likes this.
  15. The Norton Cat

The Norton Cat Well-Known Member

This is right. Hard work should pay. The thing is, there are people who work hard doing low paying jobs and, quite often, those low paying jobs are more useful to our society than some of the high paying jobs. I think we need to place higher value on the people that do those jobs. Unfortunately its very difficult to make that change.

Nordic, clockstander, Iain and 5 others like this.
  16. Pure River Slut

Nope. Money makes money. The whole system is built upon it. Poverty breeds trauma breeds mental illness and physical illness - a proven fact.

17. Iain

Iain Well-Known Member

So how come I had no money when I left school, I had know help from my family and I now own the company I starting working for as an 18 year old on minimum wage.
    It's called pure determination for the better things in life I was unemployed for 3 months before I got the job but when I was not one day passed when I wasn't out looking for a job.
    We have just advertised on indeed for a position, we had 628 applicants, we offered 40 people interviews, 10 replied and 3 people actually turned up for the interview.
    Getting off your backside and finding a job is what makes money, sitting on your arse feeling sorry for yourself is what probably leads to mental health issues.

18. Saf

Frontline services? Yeah, I agree.

Somebody saving a life should be paid more than somebody booting a ball around a pitch, in theory. Somebody saving a life doesn't generate revenue which filters back into society in the way a footballer does.

No idea how we change that or even if it's possible without crashing everybody's livelihoods.

The Norton Cat likes this.
  19. Dancingstripes

Dancingstripes Well-Known Member

That makes zero sense

Saf likes this.
  20. Pure River Slut

Because there are exceptions to everything you plank. Are you seriously saying capitalism isn’t based on having money already and it relies on winners and losers ? Of you don’t think that’s what it is explain your version.

which bits make no sense so we know what you’re struggling with ?