1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Thread to watch and enjoy the blood cup (soulless)

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by moreinjuredthanowen, Apr 1, 2022.

1. THE FOOL

THE FOOL Well-Known Member

Love pie and mash, but only with shortcrust pastry, I dont like it with puff pastry.

I never realised my pie needs where so specific.

johnsonsbaby likes this.
  2. johnsonsbaby

johnsonsbaby Well-Known Member

<laugh>

3. Zorba

Zorba Well-Known Member

To all those gastro pubs ,putting a filling in a bowl and putting a crust over the top Is NOT A PIE ! TWATS.... :steam::steam:

Diego and THE FOOL like this.
  4. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

Watched a programme about the 2010 World Cup in Africa

The new stadiums looking all glam n glitzy but when the cameras panned out it was surrounded by shanty towns, the homeless and hungry.

How about gun toting America in 94?

How many have been fapping over a holiday to Dubai in the last decade? How many migrant workers did it take and kill to build all them fancy buildings for the Westerners?

I could go on….

silly hypocrites but then again football fans are thick ****s in general

Zanjinho, THE FOOL and organic red like this.
  5. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

People are 100% boycotting it because it's the right thing to do and definitely not because they can't afford to go....

6. THE FOOL

It's not just football fans unfortunately, alot comes down to hunan nature and the willingness to turn a blind eye as long as your ok.

If you put the question "everyone in the world can have a good minimum standard of living, but you may have to accept 10% less for yourself" I reckon the answers would be incredibly depressing.

Zorba and Lovearsenalcock like this.
  7. Zorba

Zorba Well-Known Member

Every player that goes to Qatar who has taken the knee is a thick hypocrite.

Diego likes this.
  8. saintKlopp

Doesn't make a wrong right because there are equal wrongs elsewhere.

9. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

I never said it did

where did I say it reverses things like this is an episode of Quantum Leap?

what I said was…

why the interest in one but not the other?

the hypocrisy within our moral and upstanding society is being overlooked for some convenient reason, it seems.

Diego, Zorba and Zanjinho like this.
  10. moreinjuredthanowen

maybe people just woke up to the fact that this aint the best.

Personally I found the russia world cup a corrupt sham of a thing that was bought off. At the time of brazil I thought in the lead up it was at least doing some good for that country but you are right it didn't.

Qatar is the ultimate in cruelty for no reason. They've built white elephants that will never be of any use and killed thousands doing it. It was again corruptly awarded.

I don't think learning this is hypocrisy. more of coming round to the idea that it's not right.

FIFA for many years sold the line about bring the sport round the globe and all that. back whenever south africa were robbed of the thing in 2006 and then awarded it in 2010 due to backlash I didn't think what would that do to ordinary people either, just how good it was for sport in africa.

We can't only have these things in rich countries but the tv money should be paying for whatever facilities are put in and it should be a benefit for future. theres no benefit to qatar 2022. none.

11. THE FOOL

I dont recall the South African world cup facing the sort of scrutiny that Qatar has.

Also the first world cup on the continent was seen as a great step forward. The Arabian countries have no such protection.

12. THE FOOL

This is bang on.

It's not new, but people are more aware now.

Every world cup bid should cone with sustainability studies, benefits for local community etc.

It should be open.

Unfortunately where it goes has more to do with a little piece if paper, with the amount of bribe the official is getting paid.

moreinjuredthanowen likes this.
  13. johnsonsbaby

And a lot of the people (rightly) outraged by the Qatar WC still cheer city on and back them over us to win the league every year. It's the same hypocrisy.

Zorba and THE FOOL like this.
  14. moreinjuredthanowen

thats worse hypocrisy? can't support doping of football via state funds and then turn round and say the world cup is not fine.

same as people pulling the ladder up behind hem with their doped clubs (city and chelsea) and complain about newcastle.

15. johnsonsbaby

Everything comes down to money, sooner or later. That and an 'I'm alright Jack' attitude. In terms of the utter greed surrounding football, the genie is out of the bottle now and it will be impossible to put back in.

THE FOOL and Zorba like this.
  16. moreinjuredthanowen

true.

the only thing putting it to some extent "back in the bottle" is an absolute sea change in energy consumption.

In the end at some point in the not massively distant future oil and gas are going to have to be yesterdays' news and qatar and the like will maybe have a lot of cash but no future streams. It is in the end all ego. nothing more.

Its not even a case that its geopolitical. We missed the cold war in terms of football being really used as a way to prove who's best. (not like todays spending) I reckon that was because the americans didn't know what it was.
    Qatar and suadi arabia are being aggressive in sports washing using golf and football, a lot of people will cash in cos its there to be cashed in on. they really have no morality concerns.

17. johnsonsbaby

I think that for some there is a kind of spectrum of morality or maybe balancing one 'kind' of morality with another. For example - you don't agree with the human rights abuses in Saudi Arabia but you've been offered a job there which will make you enough money to provide a home, food and a good life for your family. What do you do? I know my answer but for some barely making a living wage there may be a shift in the moral balance.

18. moreinjuredthanowen

those offered jobs in saudi are either teachers or very well off types that work in the usual businesses. I doubt too many on the lower scale of wages are offered jobs in that kingdom, i'm sure they have plenty of serfs to do that.

19. johnsonsbaby

I only said it because I know someone who has just been offered a job there who currently makes what you would call a middle income.

20. Zorba

Zorba Well-Known Member

After seeing my mate and six others tortured and jailed in Saudi for something they never did,I would stay well clear of the place.