1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

This joke of a takeover Thread

Discussion in 'Charlton' started by User deleted as requested, Jun 14, 2018.

1. User deleted as requested

User deleted as requested Well-Known Member

Would anyone care to speculate on what the latest problem is?

Reading between the lines, Andrew Muir & Co are not happy that Duchatelet took it upon himself to "personally oversee" the sale of Konsa to Brentford this week. [source - Rich Cawley].

Duchatelet in turn, in so far as you can read the mind of someone who hasn't got one, seems to have grown impatient at the constant delays emanating from the Aussie end.

Stuck in the middle of this is our 113 year old football club and its loyal, long term fans.

No staff, very few players, and at the moment very grim prospects for the season ahead.

Whatever way you look at it, whether they end up taking over or not, Andrew Muir and Gerard Murphy's communications have been abysmal. Incredibly foolish to ostentatiously turn up at the play off games wearing Charlton scarves when it clearly wasn't a "done deal", not only did it distract from the team at a crucial time, it also ramped up the fan's expectations which have subsequently been deflated over the last five weeks. Neither should the Australians apparently be using one person as a conduit to leak selective information to our fanbase via a football forum- very amateurish and a discredited trick that a certain Richard Murray has been using [without success] for years.

Sad to say it, but my verdict on Andrew Muir and Co so far .....0/10.

2. DickPlumb

DickPlumb Well-Known Member

Excellent post Royston. Our football club is being used as a tennis ball being bashed this way and that. Note to the Aussies, if you want our Club, then ****ing buy it. Piss or get off the potty. All the time our Club is in limbo is hurting it. Now we hear that two ****s is going to sell more players and prune more staff. When you think that things couldn't get worse, something happens to disprove that.
    If things don't change soon we are ****ed for the foreseeable future.

3. User deleted as requested

I just don't feel that the Aussies have the passion [or the money] to make a success of Charlton. So where would that leave us? I could be wrong....but they have made an appalling start if they truly are buying the club. How can the sale of one player apparently cause such a change of mood?

4. deleted.....

deleted..... Well-Known Member

I wonder if the Belgian is saying to the Aussies... you either sign the sale contract 'as is' or I will continue selling off assets/making staff cuts until you do.... I hope that the Belgian doesn't read this but ...….. the Belgian's biggest weapon left would be the treat to make Steve Avory and his team redundant <yikes>

5. User deleted as requested

I thought the same thing yesterday when I read about these threatened staff cuts - realistically, what has he got left to cut ?

You only have to visit the Valley on a week day when there is no game to see the damage he has done.

#deserted

6. CAFC'sBestInterests

CAFC'sBestInterests Well-Known Member

RD officially announced he wanted out in December. Interested parties have been around for a while, yet in the January transfer window our best player is sold, cheap loans are brought in, and no attempt was made to sign the players we desperately needed for promotion...

Red flag there & then...A buyer with sufficient clout would've insisted on specific conditions for a deal to happen.

In the meantime RD is still pillaging the Club..?

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
    Ken Shabby and DickPlumb like this.
  7. User deleted as requested

The Daily Mail broke the story of Andrew Muir’s interest last April. Ten months later in February 2018, Useful Idiot Richard Murray averted a fan’s protest by claiming that a sale was a matter of weeks away at most.

Apart from Blackpool I cant think of another set of fans who have been so consistently misled and lied to.

DickPlumb and ForestHillBilly like this.
  8. CAFC'sBestInterests

That's what I thought...There was a Scottish Muir and the Aussie Muir....They've been in the picture for some time, yet in a response to one of my post James Seed implied they weren't.

What does Richard Murray, the other person with all the inside scoop think about the takeover now..?

His recent communications with fans has somehow passed me by.....

DickPlumb likes this.
  9. User deleted as requested

Deleted.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2018
    DickPlumb likes this.
  10. ForestHillBilly

ForestHillBilly Well-Known Member

The only ITK who has been consistently right is NLA, and he sees Murray as a major problem. He also said there had been brinkmanship on both sides. This appears to be what is happening, and if the Aussies feel that Roland is taking the pi55, there must be areal possibility of them walking away. If the price really is£40m they are paying a very good price, and by selling players Roland is effectively raising the price. It is not looking good.

DickPlumb likes this.

11. Ken Shabby

Ken Shabby Well-Known Member

Good posts on here. Like Forest, I see NLA (and maybe Doucher) as the two who seem to score highest in what has gone on, and for some reason, the rumour has arisen that RD wants Murray on the incoming team. Which beggars belief.
    Whatever. As has been said, if the Aussies had the weight, they should have made a lot more fuss about player sales and getting the deal done earlier to prepare for next season. If they do buy CAFC now, I won't be applauding when the new statement of intent about aiming for the Premiership in five year comes out. Save your breath guys, and actually do some work.

CAFC'sBestInterests likes this.
  12. User deleted as requested

"Rick Everitt calls for MPs to intervene" - VOTV Online today.

And therein lies part of the problem- the attention-seeking rent-a-gob knows full well that MPs have no power in this matter, whatsoever.

More Fake News <ok>

ForestHillBilly likes this.
  13. lardiman

lardiman The truth is out there
    Forum Moderator

A poster on another forum has recently said that he believes Duchatelet may be about to appoint Lee Bowyer as Charlton's next permanent manager (i.e. give him a contract).
    Apparently if this happens the Australians will walk away and the take-over will be off.

There is no evidence offered for this, so I probably shouldn't even be passing it on considering I have been demanding evidence from everybody else to back up what they are saying. I am not claiming this to be true, just passing on a bit of gossip.

14. ForestHillBilly

ForestHillBilly Well-Known Member

I have changed my mind about the Aussies. I don't expect them to buy the club now, the deal is dead in the water. If that does happen then we'll find out if there really is another interested party.

15. User deleted as requested

The alarm bells first rang for me when we heard the Aussies were considering a shares issue. That doesn’t suggest to me an owner or even a frontman with much spare cash to put in to a club that is going to need a lot of it.

The owner before Duchatelet quickly pulled the plug on his funding & we all know what happened to his front men ...

DickPlumb likes this.
  16. lardiman

lardiman The truth is out there
    Forum Moderator

I think the take-over is off.

Time to look towards the practical problems of rebuilding a competitive squad for this coming season.
    LB has made a start (putting back the Welling game and binning the tour). Small steps perhaps, but the gaffer has to start somewhere.

17. User deleted as requested

NLA states again that the Aussies don’t have the funds. In the meantime, Duchatelet destroys the club out of spite, while Muir looks down the back of his sofa for any 5ps.

What a time to be alive.

ForestHillBilly and DickPlumb like this.
  18. CAFC'sBestInterests

If you think the take-over is off, and RD stays, how many fans do you think will be 'looking towards' his version of rebuilding..?

The only thing we'll 'look towards' will be regular matchday protests, increased fan division, and a relegation battle.

19. User deleted as requested

Duchatelet is not even pretending any longer. Hatred is a strong word to use about football, but as with Oyston and the Blackpool fans, its descended to pure hatred. Baeur being sold for a paltry £400,000 is half of one month's losses - with the cast iron guarantee that he would not be replaced.

20. The Elfsborg Sparrow

The Elfsborg Sparrow Well-Known Member

Has Bauer been sold?