1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

S.A.F.C. - the future

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by alan reed, Jul 24, 2020.

1. Guy Incognito

Guy Incognito Well-Known Member

My mate works in the jobcentre in Newcastle and he told me last year about dealing with a bloke who'd worked for the Chronicle. Since Thompson House closed a couple of years ago, the Chronicle's staff in Newcastle is only a couple of hundred based up near the Haymarket and the editor in chief is based in York with 25 other papers to oversee. It's why it's declined the way it has, and sadly the same thing will apply to the Echo. Johnson press are probably the same, with editorial decisions not being made by local people, losing local connections and quick, easy naff articles getting printed.

jpdsafc likes this.
  2. Vincemac

Vincemac Well-Known Member

I think I have bought 1 tabloid in the last 10 year ish
    And that was at Morrison’s seaburn about 1 year ago
    There was nowt in it
    I get my news off internet sites and tv for what is worth

Guy Incognito and flandersmackem like this.
  3. sheepman

sheepman Well-Known Member

If you're struggling to get excited
    Then why not make up some positive figures that cheer you up instead of making up figures that meet some kind of doom and gloom agenda
    Not sure why some people bother getting up in the morning

Monkey69, Dorset, Repswick and 3 others like this.
  4. sproates33

sproates33 Well-Known Member

Complete opposite of what Nixon has just confirmed on Twitter.

5. Smug in Boots

Smug in Boots Well-Known Member

<laugh>

6. Southern A

Southern A Well-Known Member

People are rightly concerned and sceptical. The issue is too many are posting rumour as absolute fact and then criticising anybody with an alternative point of view as doing the same.

Like this Gordon Armstrong stuff - people have jumped on that as fact.

There’s just way too many people being negative in a falsely factual way. Nobody ever gets stick for being wrong when the result is positive, so the post negatively so they can be right if it goes wrong and if it goes well they only “had the best interest of the club at heart”

Guy Incognito likes this.
  7. flandersmackem

flandersmackem Well-Known Member

What I can understand is people having some doubts things are happening given this saga has been ongoing for well over a year with many rumours and false dawns...what I can't understand is fans completely dismissing it and basically making up crap as if they don't want changes...to me, not true Sunderland fans

8. Smug in Boots

Is this the same Nixon who was caught with his pants down by the Guardian ...

... then tries to look like he knows what's going on ffs <doh>

Young Ted, Monkey69, Dorset and 2 others like this.
  9. Smug in Boots

You mean those claiming there's no takeover and that Methven will be in control if there is ...

.... that kind of shyte <laugh>

10. Southern A

Is there actually any evidence of Methven being anything other than an active minority shareholder? Armstrong saying he’s heard he’ll be running the club is just rumour for now, and frankly will be less factual if somebody else is named chairman and a sporting director comes in.

Guy Incognito and Smug in Boots like this.

11. Southern A

yes - I’m referring to the people posting that Methven is going to be retaining absolute control because Armstrong has heard he might

they’re posting it as if it’s now fact and then criticising anybody who’s optimistic about it

12. Mackem 10.1

Mackem 10.1 Well-Known Member

Not sure why people take any notice of nixon, just look his twitter, he gives the most vague guess work answers everytime someone asks him a question about any club

13. Southern A

nixon has said he’ll stay involved - not that he’ll have major influence

14. Smug in Boots

There are people, pretending to be Sunderland supporters, posting negativity relentlessly ...

... or 'sad tossers' as I call them.

15. Julio

Julio Well-Known Member

We have loads of fans who love negativity. As soon as Gordon Armstrong posted something negative its now fact and is being lapped up

16. Southern A

there’s a whole group of fans who hadn’t tweeted anything since RR posted their news and are now suddenly very active.

strange isn’t it

17. Smug in Boots

<laugh> <laugh> <doh>

Montysoptician likes this.
  18. As You Were

As You Were Well-Known Member

No you’re missing the point. We were told by stewart donald Sartori would be fantastic for this club. What was his quote something like ‘ he can get investment just by talking to people during a family dinner’ and how did that work out? It was bullshit.If you want to get carried away again go ahead. You might know quite a lot about the future plans but I don’t. But ask yourself this. How many 22 year olds run football clubs??? We are now being told by Gordon Armstrong he won’t be running it. So basically the same people are going to be running the club who have ran it the past two year. The only difference is now we have another shareholder who POTENTIALLY has some good contacts we can use. So let me sum things up for you. Sartori is well connected. We have seen no benefit. We have American billionaires who have invested in us. No benefit. We need people who want to run the club and do it well. Like i’ve said previously the managerial situation will be the big indicator if things have really changed.If you want to drink champagne by all means do but you might be being a touch naive .Lets wait and see. If we appoint and ambitious manager with a good reputation I will start drinking champagne with you but getting overly excited and carried away when we have know little is just as stupid as people saying it’s all a load of rubbish.

19. sheepman

sheepman Well-Known Member

Exactly
    Now I like Gordon Armstrong He's a big lads fan but he's a very bitter man at the moment.

20. Flamin hot

Flamin hot Well-Known Member

All journalists speak the truth I mean just look at all the thousands of football transfer stories over the years in the newspapers that didn't happen. Twitter is just a modern platform that journalists use to post the same ****e they used to write in the sun, mirror etc that also proved in most cases to be bullshit. But for some reason some people believe what they write as gospel because it's on Twitter