1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

S.A.F.C. - the future

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by alan reed, Jul 24, 2020.

1. Confucius

Confucius Well-Known Member

Can I baggsy one of their parking spaces and Methven’s stapler

Robertson, ab65, ISOE II and 3 others like this.
  2. Smug in Boots

Smug in Boots Well-Known Member

As a one time bailiff I've had to go into a few companies to enforce a court order.

It's horrific.

When you confront a man who's been there for twenty years, has built his life around his job title and is now unemployed it's heartbreaking.

As you carry a box of his personal goods to a taxi you know he'll miss his mates his position and his company Mercedes. He'll sit in his conservatory for days avoiding the neighbours and wondering if he'll ever get another job at his age.

If Donald is at that stage I have a bottle of gunpowder rum I've been saving for this moment.

Haway, get it done!

3. Smug in Boots

<laugh>

Made me really laugh that mate, I needed that tonight.

Robertson and Confucius like this.
  4. Montysoptician

Montysoptician Well-Known Member

Smug, you and others share information that you hear but have no control over the subsequent chain of events. If Glen Fuhrman let’s it be known that he is buying Sunderland AFC and then changes his mind, that is no fault of yours and any reasonable person will accept that.
    There is a hunger for information among all football supporters and right or wrong it generates interest in the club and keeps things ticking over until something eventually happens

Last edited: Jun 20, 2022
    Robertson, Philftm, ab65 and 11 others like this.
  5. Smug in Boots

Thanks mate, that means a lot, believe me.

6. Alebeac

Alebeac Well-Known Member

One of my sons did the legals for a client who bought a major share of a top Premier League team , it took months.

7. Ban the Ketchup

Ban the Ketchup Active Member

You can only give what you’ve got mate, I’ve been saying this to the missus for years

Robertson, Philftm, LD19SAFC and 4 others like this.
  8. rowley

rowley Well-Known Member

Not sure what you're supposed to do mind if you hear a tempting but of gossip, and you use a gossip forum like this !

If someone told me owt, I'd leak it like a sieve. Can't imagine why they dont!

9. TonyG

TonyG Well-Known Member

All very positive :emoticon-0100-smile much appreciated !

Robertson and Young Ted like this.
  10. Jme

Jme Well-Known Member

Would be great if they announced the new shareholder set up and 6 new signings all on the same day ... would be epic

11. Ban the Ketchup

Ban the Ketchup Active Member

And a new strip and I want Big bad barmy bassa Billy Story to announce it all after riding into the stadium on a white stallion

Smug in Boots likes this.
  12. Smug in Boots

I'm having one of those strange nights Bob, where you start to question yourself.

I'm thinking particularly of a fella called Kevin Charpentier who I rented a beautiful villa to in Mougins. He was a real chancer and a crook but a bit of a charmer. I was approached by a 24 year old Croatian hit man, called Dani, who had been sent to 'settle a debt'.

Dani was terrifying but, thankfully, thought I was a lot tougher than I really am. He wanted access to him, the villa was on a guarded domain and it had security gates, cameras, etc.

Charpentier owed me £6000 for three months rent, as always, so I told Dani to back off until I had my money. Once I was paid I gave him the access code for the domain, the villa gate code and remotely switched off the cctv.

I got a call, two days later, to say the villa was unoccupied so I showed up, checked it over and sold the personal things that had been left. I never gave any of it a second thought, until now.

That was twenty years ago and way back in another time and place. But, as you can probably tell, it's all going round and round in my mind. Yes I've had a few drinks, to try to block it out, but I can't shift the feeling that I was complicit in murder. I've laughed about it, with people who know the set up, but it's really getting to me now. It all just seemed like the crack at that time and we were all in the same boat, I seem to be going through a moment of clarity and honest reflection. FFS, life is complicated when it shouldn't be.

13. Offshore73

Offshore73 Member

This buying of shares won't make no difference on who we bring in or sell this window anyway as the funds have already been agreed ( so they say) hopefully it's all sorted and we can bring in some quality in the January window. And if the new blokes or bloke is cleaver then I hope he/them gets a spot on the board. And CM and SD both have to pass a cactus out of a sore bumhole sitting in a salt and vinegar solution...

14. Smug in Boots

<laugh>

15. Offshore73

Offshore73 Member

We have all done something that when we look back now think WTF was I doing or thinking! I was pissed off one day at the heliport and had a bust up with a mate of mine who was on the next flight out. Anyway I smacked him in the gob and got kicked out only for the chopper to go down and he never cam back! So I live with the last thing he seen was my mug snarling at him and a sore gob!

16. Smug in Boots

That's terrible mate, really terrible.

Must prey on your mind.

I bet it seemed like just part of another day at the time.

17. Bob the Mackem

Bob the Mackem Well-Known Member

Well posted mate, things change quickly in business, and these guys change like the wind Furhman was a great example.

18. Bob the Mackem

Bob the Mackem Well-Known Member

Bed time early start

19. RokerStoker

RokerStoker Well-Known Member

You sound very windswept and interesting Smug. I'd like nothing more than to have a night out on the lash with yourself and Billy Connolly and talk of years of adventures past.

20. Smug in Boots

I'd welcome that mate.

I see loads of very good mates during the season but, after the Wembley weekend, I think I'm feeling a bit isolated.

This place is wonderful but we're virtually alone on 2,000 acres so can feel cut off ...

... pop in any time <laugh>