1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

S.A.F.C. - the future

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by alan reed, Jul 24, 2020.

1. samwise_new

samwise_new Well-Known Member

nowt to add, just had to post on 2112

fror those who know!!

Robertson, Philby, Snaggey and 4 others like this.
  2. Chunksafc

Chunksafc Guest

Ffs, 45 year old stood at the back door blubbing

3. Moanjam

Moanjam Well-Known Member

Don't be in a Rush !

4. Smug in Boots

Smug in Boots Well-Known Member

Dead right mate.

I'd occasionally be on the front door of Rock City, taking a breather, and see the detritus who'd been ejected and were shouting on the odds.

There was no reasoning with them, they believed they were right no matter what happened.

If they took it too fair they'd eventually be put on their arse ...

... shame but they'd always brought it on themselves.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2021
    The Professor and alan reed like this.
  5. Evil Jimmy Krankie

Evil Jimmy Krankie Well-Known Member

As @samwise_new says. For those who know, this is the page to post on. I’ll also put this up for KLD as it seems quite apt

samwise_new, Moanjam and Snaggey like this.
  6. Guinness Guzzler

Guinness Guzzler Well-Known Member

Took my lad to his first game when he had just turned 3. I knew it was a bit early but it was our last home game before relegation (Swansea, I think). I knew we were in the **** financially and that it could , potentially, be decades before we were back. I didn't want to think he might even reach adulthood without having seen us in the top flight. So we went. Not going to lie, I had a tear in my eye when I pushed the turnstile for him and walked him to the concourse entrance where we could see the pitch together for the first time.

Then he went to a couple with his grandad (my lasses dad) who is sadly no longer with us, so I'm glad he got to go with him.

When he was 4 I took him to Bradford at home on boxing day so he could experience a big crowd. Will never forget Mcgeady because his winner was the first goal I ever got to celebrate with my boy. The first of thousands I hope! I knew I'd love that feeling, everyone had told me about it, but it was truly indescribable. Strange, because people said you got this feeling when your child was born. I didn't really. I loved him, but I didn't have the near out of body feeling of love that people had described. When the ball hit the net though, I felt something then! Then he went home and told his mam that "dad flung us all over when we scored" so I got wrong.

Until he was about 5 I couldn't get him to stay all game, but if you're going to try it I can recommend a tablet with games they can play offline , and all the sweets they can eat. It's important for kids to have a good diet, we're responsible for promoting that, but **** it, I want him associating match day with fun, sweets, Mcdonalds, anything to get him going back! It's bribery, but I'm not above it

7. Pure River Slut

Pure River Slut Well-Known Member

Probably got beat

8. The Professor

The Professor Well-Known Member

Like the story mate....picture in my head now of you chucking SD & CM out of somewhere & having to give them a slap:emoticon-0136-giggl

What a moment it was listening stunned at KLD making his statement...shiver down my spine as NOW we know were getting our club back & i cannot wait to be back at games:emoticon-0148-yes:

Robertson and Smug in Boots like this.
  9. The Professor

The Professor Well-Known Member

got season tickets now but took both my boys to ground for pics soon as they were born. when took oldest, side entrance was open so went in with him & my wife & went upto my seat at time in north stand & she took some pics of us, no game on...but he was 9 days old at the time:emoticon-0102-bigsm

10. Mick Sterbs

Mick Sterbs Well-Known Member

Took my lad to his first game at 5 yr old it was Steve Bruce’s last game, a defeat to Wigan. The bairn spent the whole of the first half asking to go for a hot dog and the whole of the second half asking if it was time to go home.

Fast forward a few years and he’s standing on his seat screaming “5 in a row” as we beat the Mags and asking if he can come every week <laugh> I told him “ it not like this every week son “

11. Oliver's Army

Oliver's Army Well-Known Member

G
    Got my son a brick on one of the walls at the SoL when he was born. Thankfully he loves footy now and we got season tickets for the first league one season. I'd taken him before but that Charlton home game in the sunshine with Gooch scoring in last minute had him hooked. Managed to get him to Wembley for the checkatrade and to a few away games since then. He loves it. As you say, plenty of sweets, a greasy burger and fizzy pop are the way forward. <laugh>

12. John Wick

John Wick Well-Known Member

I remember this from a couple of years ago, it caught me out aswell.

Chunksafc and Guy Incognito like this.
  13. Wackyjacky

Wackyjacky Well-Known Member

I'd taken my bairn to a few reserve games at New Ferens Park then when he was a bit older and used to a bit of a crowd I took him to his first game at the stadium. I remember a bit of a queue to get in and he was wingeing about something and I remember saying to him "you'll be alright when we get inside". So we queued, impatiently by him, until we got in and took our seats.
    His first words were "dad, I thought you said we'd be inside", I replied "we are inside". So he said "then why can I still see the sky?". **** me, trying to get through to him that we were inside but still actually outside was nigh-on impossible <laugh><laugh><laugh>

Oldsandy, rooch 3, Robertson and 10 others like this.
  14. Oliver's Army

I've had to take the lad down there a few times, they are 7pm kick offs so it's canny for his bed time by the time we get back. ****ing freezing though! <laugh>:eek::confused::eek::confused:

Edit: not new ferens park, it was down Hetton.

15. Guy Incognito

Guy Incognito Well-Known Member

Bloody brilliant that, emotional as hell here. Add in for me as well that some of it was filmed near where I grew up I recognised so much of it. The bar of the Isis, Deptford Road looking down towards the Lansdown, the cafe on Trimdon Street opposite B&Q...

If anyone from another area ever asks me what's the difference between us and the Mags, I'll direct them to this and then to that "we are Geordies" video. One makes your heart bleed, the other makes your eyes and ears bleed.

mrs em, rooch 3, Robertson and 5 others like this.
  16. Nonsense Potter

Nonsense Potter Well-Known Member

My son is two so not thought too much about when he'll get his first game in. I reckon as soon as I think it won't scare the life out of him he'll be there. Can't remember how old I was but my first game was a nil-nil draw against wolves in division 2. Family enclosure, I got a Reuban Agboola poster in the centre pages of the programme and my dad tells me I asked him why Thomas Hauser couldn't run properly.

17. Oliver's Army

When you take him, go in the ground early so it's quieter and he can get used to the noise building and more and more people coming in, see the players warming up etc. Don't expect to see the full game though, chips, sweets, pop and toilet breaks galore. But it's all worth it.

18. SAFCDRUM

SAFCDRUM Well-Known Member

I've said it before on here, took my lad (11 now) to the Man Utd home game (2-1) and Chelsea (3-2) both under Allardyce. He probably wont see a better atmosphere. He checks for scores but he's into basketball now. My 2 1/2 year old girl is my final chance.

Arcland and Oliver's Army like this.
  19. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

How nice is it to think that our little ones will most likely grow up in a world where Sunderland are successful and well run. KLD's only what, 23, many years ahead of him. Lucky buggers <laugh>

20. Oliver's Army

We can only try our best mate! She might love it, you never know. When we went to Wembley I took our lass (nor) and my daughter. She (daughter) fell asleep in the first half and slept through the goal celebrations! <laugh> Im trying to tell him about different things at the match based on my experience but at the end of the day it's up to him - he was my reason for going back after I gave up my season ticket. He plays for a footy team atm and they are all football mad so I have a feeling he will be going with his mates in the next few years so I want him to be a bit savvy as to what the crack is 'at the match' (home or away).

Arcland and SAFCDRUM like this.