1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The super league will it resurface?

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Rudekid, Oct 2, 2022.

1. Rudekid

Rudekid Well-Known Member

Not long imo... More American owners and ****house clubs Liverpool struggling.

These guys have billions riding on the order being maintained.

2. magpie290761

magpie290761 Well-Known Member

Hopefully not.

Munson. likes this.
  3. Rudekid

I think it's just a matter of time mate..... It'll be rejigged. They'll just do it and nobody can stop it.

This nonsense Perez is spouting... If anything people are bored of the same clubs being in Europe especially the final stages.

4. Delusional Full Stop

Delusional Full Stop Here to serve all your counselling needs.
    Forum Moderator

It will resurface but with a new set of clothes and possibly in a slightly watered down version just to try and get to foot in the door. It will hopefully be knocked back but if not it will be the end for me. I wouldn’t watch it as I don’t want a closed shop even if we were involved. I would hope the fans would shoot it down again like the last time.

5. Obi Wan

Obi Wan keeper of the peace

Same for me, I would hate it if we were involved.

If other clubs want to f off and join the 'elite' of Europe then so be it, but if we somehow became part of it then I'd stop watching altogether. It would be piss boring.

I enjoy football when it's unpredictable. That's why it's exciting. The fact that clubs like Brentford and Bournemouth can come up, or that Brighton can mix with the top 6, all make it worth watching. A closed-shop woikd be crap.

Also, there's no thought for the faithful fans. Going to London, Brighton, Bournemouth every other week for the regular away fans is one thing, but to be forking out to travel to Germany, Spain, Italy, etc. is ridiculous.

6. Rudekid

I don't think newcastle would be involved... They'll be keen to **** the door on nufc.

7. Roland Deschain

Roland Deschain Well-Known Member

Am I the only one who just doesn’t get the link between the quote and justification?

Munson. and Obi Wan like this.
  8. Obi Wan

No, zero link. There is no justification, other than the rich getting richer. But they'll never say that. This 'it's for the benefit of the game' nonsense is absolute bull.

9. Rudekid

He basically says nobody is interested in his club's league and because they're real Madrid they should be given access to the Premier league fans in the USA at the expense of English club's outside the so called big 6.

People are bored of the same clubs in the champions league not what football was before ****house clubs like his acted like they owned it.

Let's be honest it's just a matter of time.... it'll happen the clubs have too much riding on it and the USA audience wants it.... that's who's paying for it . America is buying English football to make it their own not to take part.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2022
  10. Delusional Full Stop

Delusional Full Stop Here to serve all your counselling needs.
    Forum Moderator

And they always fail to explain exactly how it’s for the benefit of the game.

11. Obi Wan

That's because it's obvious Trev, no need to explain HOW it will benefit the wider football community. I mean, just for example it will clearly enable more... ummm... err... now, where did I put those notes?

12. Prince Isak (GG)

Prince Isak (GG) Well-Known Member

I can’t see it happening. It’s to big a jump. There is no world or euro league option because the fans just won’t be able to afford it.

What I can see is the Champions League format changing somewhat.

Or the ability for the clubs to generate as much money as they want from organising their own tv rights.

magpie290761 likes this.
  13. Rudekid

They're only selling to 3k to 5k fans to travel every few weeks justlike now .. the TV money in the USA and china is what its about.....prem clubs want to secure the money and the la liga and serie a clubs want to access it and secure it.

The money clubs make simply isn't from the fans in their respective cities or even countries anymore.

Nothing would change in terms of affordability..... the super league just replaces the champions league, they stay in their respective leagues and the other clubs have no financial reason to compete for top 6 .

Last edited: Oct 2, 2022
  14. Prince Isak (GG)

So it’s just replacing the champions league.

I can see your point. I just can’t see it. The domestic leagues should just block them if they do.

magpie290761 likes this.
  15. Rudekid

I think it'll be slowly moved in the direction of the super league.... the champions league is already being rejigged.

I hope you're right , but I think the minute a couple of the English big 6 clubs get in trouble it'll resurface big time.

The domestic leagues need them and can't do anything... note there's been no new legislation BTW...

16. Obi Wan

Soooo, can you see it?

Munson. and Prince Isak (GG) like this.
  17. Prince Isak (GG)

I can see his point. But I can’t see it happening. Lol.

I’ve just done a Michael Owen. “I think they may win the game or lose it. Possible even draw it”

Obi Wan and Munson. like this.
  18. Rudekid

19. Roland Deschain

Roland Deschain Well-Known Member

My prediction is it will happen and also it will fail. No idea what the fallout is of each event but that’s the reality.

magpie290761 likes this.
  20. Rudekid

Just a matter of time