1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Sunderland Transfer Tavern

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by connor wigham, Apr 6, 2012.

1. connor wigham

connor wigham Active Member

<cheers>

Thought I'd make one single thread for everyone to put any rumors or potential signings for the team we love SAFC. So basically this is the place for all tabloid articles and player proposals.

Most of the stories are probably not true but instead of creating threads on each story, we could just talk about every player we get linked with on one thread. Discussing their merits and if there good enough or not. I hope it will also be a good thread for transfer deadline day as well. If it fails it fails but if it works it could be a useful thread for the board <ok>

I'll go first;
    We all know we're in desperate need of an out and out scoring striker, something we've haven’t had you-know-who. I'd personally love us to go for one of these three

Burak Yilmaz
    [video=youtube;DfaxfsZ1Dds]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfaxfsZ1Dds[/video]

André Schürrle

[video=youtube;4wO7A1ToK1M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wO7A1ToK1M[/video]

Luuk de Jong

[video=youtube;CbfLenoZNcc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbfLenoZNcc&feature=related[/video]

thanks for you time and i hope this works :)

2. connor wigham

Steven Warnock Rumor

Sunderland boss Martin O'Neill is being linked with a summer move to land Aston Villa defender Stephen Warnock.

The England left-back is said to be keen to get away from Villa Park and a move to the Black Cats could be tempting, O'Neill will have money to strengthen his squad in the summer and an offer of around the £2.5m mark could be enough to secure Warnock's services.
    Warnock is the latest in a long line of players from his former club Aston Villa who have been linked with a move to the north east, Gabriel Agbonlahor, Richard Dunne and Carlos Cuellar were all the subject of stories claiming the Sunderland manager was plotting to bring them to the Stadium of Light.

3. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

I quite liked Warnock a couple years back, was getting up and down, getting decent balls in.

Recently, not so much...

4. connor wigham

for 2.5m though it could be a great move?? especially since MON already knows him

5. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

Peanuts really, worth a punt at that price, even if he became a back up option.

6. LFT

LFT Well-Known Member

How old is Warnock now? Would take him at that price.

I heard in January that Ricco wants out but Mon has a gentlemens agreement that he can leave in the summer and similar with Gardner.

7. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

Warnock's only 30, so has a bit left in the tank.

I heard that about Ricco as well, personally be sad to see him go, but at the same time, it won't cause a tsunami!

8. LFT

LFT Well-Known Member

Wouldn't miss him playing wise, as others can fill in where he plays but he has been a loyal servant to the club for a while now and whenever called upon has given 100% so a part of me would be sad to see him go.

Out of the other Villa players I'd take Agbonlahor always rated him. If villa don't offer Cuellar a new deal I heard we will Mon rates him highly apparently.

9. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

I'm almost certain we'll move for those 2 mate, no reason, they just seem logical targets for us.

I'd be happy with both (i'd try for Albrighton as well..)

10. LFT

LFT Well-Known Member

Albrighton is a good shout was it Mon who gave him his debut or was it after his time?

Couple of wingers from the championship who could maybe make the step up in Wilfred Zaha and Matt Phillips, know we've been linked with the latter.

11. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

Not sure about Albrighton's debut, Phillips and Zaha deffo look up to it, i'd personally favour Phillips of the 2 , he has an eye for goal as well.

He ripped us a new one at the SOL last season.

12. connor wigham

didnt that interim manager come in and play effctivly the under 21s???

13. connor wigham

Dutch international Dirk Kuyt will cost just £1 million if Liverpool sell him this summer.

The surprisingly cut-price sell-on clause, agreed when Kuyt signed a contract extension last season, will be triggered if the striker is allowed to move to an overseas club.

Liverpool’s willingness to let the 31 year-old move on for such a nominal fee underlines the determination of manager Kenny Dalglish and director of football Damien Comolli to impose a ‘lower age, lower wage’ transfer policy this summer.

For a player who was signed for £11 million — and who will be a key figure in Holland’s Euro 2012 squad — to be given the chance to leave for a bargain price is a shock, even if he has passed 30.

Although Kuyt is aware his position at the club is under threat, his agent, Rob Jansen, said he could see out the final year of his deal if there is no attractive alternative.

“He would like to remain at Liverpool,” said Jansen. “But otherwise it’s very likely that he will choose to go on a new adventure abroad. If he ever returned to the Netherlands, he would 100 per cent go to Feyenoord. I have not been told anything official. A few days ago I went to Liverpool to talk about Kuyt among others.”

It is Kuyt’s age and salary— he earns £3.5-£4 million a year — which is determining his availability. With an extra £1 million from his transfer, that would provide more revenue for a younger replacement on decreased terms.

14. Commachio

Commachio Rambo 2021

Forgive my geography..........

15. connor wigham

i know but will we not still be able to get him really cheap which is what i was hinting at becaue he says he wanted to remain in the PL in his artical yesterday

16. Commachio

Commachio Rambo 2021

17. safc1978

safc1978 Well-Known Member

If we can keep the players we have now (not the ones on loan)

I would like to see us go for 5 players in the summer.

Warnock
    Clint Dempsey
    Yakubu or fletcher
    Samba
    Rhodes

I think any of the above will improve our current squad

18. andersonhurleymcnab

I think Samba was transerred in the 'window' to a Russian club .....

19. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

He was mate, but it's not impossible, he's been struggling to deal with the racism apparently, had it pretty bad.

On the downside, Anzhi will be paying him about 3 trillion a week...

20. andersonhurleymcnab

roubles ? LOL...
    :)