1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Sunday Thread Feb the 10th in the year 2013

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by heisenburg, Feb 10, 2013.

1. heisenburg

heisenburg Well-Known Member

Today racing does not come from Nass

Today's meeting at Naas has been cancelled following a 7.30am inspection due to a waterlogged track.

Any hope of getting the fixture on were thwarted by persistent rain in County Kildare.

"Parts of the track are waterlogged. It's raining now and there's no chance of the meeting going ahead," said Irish Turf Club officer Cliff Noone.

It may not come from Exeter

TODAY'S meeting at Exeter, featuring a fascinating clash between Puffin Billy and Melodic Rendezvous, is subject to a second inspection at 10am due to the threat of further heavy rain.

But it will defo come from the sands of Southwell

Southwell's third meeting back following severe flooding and the going remains standard to slow. Please note the course can only be accessed by Race Course lane next to the BP garage in Southwell.

me ive got barneys banner out at the moment
    was going to lump on a mullins treble but,,,,,

any hows good hunting and see you on the other side or the hill in march if you got tickets

S
    T
    A
    Y

F
    R
    O
    S
    T
    Y

2. heisenburg

Its the 10th of feb already

sorry

3. OddDog

OddDog Mild mannered janitor
    Staff Member

Danbo mate I have corrected your title with my new bionic moderator powers <ok>

4. heisenburg

Paul Weller

Brad Wiggins

ODDY THE DOG

whats in common

TOP MODS

5. heisenburg

TODAY'S meeting at Exeter, featuring a fascinating clash between Puffin Billy and Melodic Rendezvous, goes ahead as planned after the track passed a second inspection at 10am

so lets be havin you then boys

6. heisenburg

Colour Squadron @ 6/5 (GP)
    16:00 NOVICE CHASE 2m 3f 110yds

Rouge Et Blanc @ 2/1 (GP)
    15:30 HANDICAP CHASE 2m 3f 110yds

Harry Topper @ 6/5 (GP)
    15:00 GRADUATION CHASE 3m

Puffin Billy @ 8/13 (GP)
    14:30 LISTED NOVICE

LUCKY AND AN ACCA

S
    T
    A
    Y

F
    R
    O
    S
    T
    Y

7. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Treble for me at Exeter
    14.00 Just A Par
    14.30 Puffin Billy (nap)
    17.00 The Liquidator

PS scrap the last one; just seen the price.

Just the double.

8. smokethedeadbadger

smokethedeadbadger Well-Known Member

Lucky 63 for me:

3:20 Southwell - Our Ivor 5/4
    3:30 Exeter - Pateese 8/1
    3:50 Southwell - Dewala 4/1
    4:00 Exeter - Act of Kalanisi 11/4
    4:30 Exeter - Quick Decision 4/1
    4:50 Southwell - Bitaphon 7/2

And a small EW single on Fix It Right 25/1 at 2:00 Exeter

9. OddDog

Staff Member

The opening novice hurdle at Exeter (2.00) looks likely to be between the 4 previous winners at the top of the card and I really like the form of Paul Nicholls Just A Par when in Ireland. He won a maiden hurdle at Punchestown by 7 lengths from Noel Meade's Heck Thomas (previous bumper winner) with a further 9 lengths back to Henry de Bromhead's Starkie, who would go on to win his next 2 races and then contest a Grade 2 (heavily eased when his chance had gone behind Mozoltov, given a rating of 134 for that effort). The price of 6/4 for Just A Par seems fair enough for this potentially smart performer.

In the listed heat at 2.30 I must admit I am struggling to split Puffin Billy and Melodic Rendezvous on paper. Both have looked to be exceptional novices but, despite Puffin Billy being rated 5lbs higher on official ratings, I actually think Melodic Rendezvous has the slightly better form in the book - his Tolworth defeat of Pendra reads very well. Having said that, Puffin Billy has won his races with such ease that there could conceivably be another stone to come from him. There is a tenuous formline tying the 2 together - Puffin Billy beat Up To Something 5 lengths giving him 7lbs - so we say he is 12lbs inferior. Up To Something then just failed by a neck to give Le Reve 6lbs and picked up a rating of 130 for his effort. Le Reve was beaten 17 lengths by Melodic Rendevous at levels so that must put Melodic Rendezvous and Puffin Billy very close on paper. I am a massive fan of Melodic Rendezvous and have won a bundle on him this winter but the memory of Barry Geraghty sitting motionless on Puffin Billy at Ascot made a lasting impression and I think he might just be something extra special. In light of that, Puffin Billy has to get the nod today.

The 3.00 sees Bensalem on his prep run for Cheltenham and, whilst I expect a bold showing, I think today is not his primary target and Kim Bailey's Harry Topper looks by far the most likely answer. He already holds Highland Lodge on their Newbury running and, with further progression highly likely, he can take this and enhance his festival claims.

In the 3.30 I think Pateese looks very interesting on his handicap debut off a mark of 132 and at 8/1 is well worth an e/w interest, whilst in the 4.00 I am swerving Colour Squadron, who has become expensive to follow over fences. Act Of Kalanisi looks a much more reliable proposition.

2 bumpers on the card, Vieux Lion Rouge and The Liquidator will surely take tboth prizes back to Pond House.

In summary I think a day for shorties and maybe a silly fiver accy. Best of luck folks <ok>

10. Ste D

Ste D Well-Known Member

Simon zebo 7/1 first try scorer.hope ireland do it but can see england winning

11. SaveTheHumans

SaveTheHumans Well-Known Member

Ste, where did you take 7's i just got 12's in PP's!? Anyway let's hope he does get it.

12. Ste D

Ste D Well-Known Member

Feck it,took 7s yesterday with ladbrokes,thats what ye get when ye bet with that kip!

13. SaveTheHumans

SaveTheHumans Well-Known Member

Well it actually wasn't that far off, he was 9's in PP's but they had an enhancement on it when i was in there earlier. Once he get's it we'll be happy anyway,

14. GGW

GGW Well-Known Member

Online they're BOG I believe. Whether that works for Rugby I have no idea.

15. Dexter

Dexter Well-Known Member

Hello lads.

Was lining up a good punt on Pass The Hat to beat the odds on fav at Naas but no surprise the weather got it.

Still Exeter survives,so far,and some cracking action there for a Sunday afternoon.

Backed Harry Topper at 7/4 last night with PP and the form of his wins has a very impressive look to it.

I wouldn't be in any hurry to take evens about him now on very deep ground but he looks the winner to me.

GL everyone.

16. As We Know

As We Know 1 of the top judges in Europe

Exeter
    2.00 Kilmurvy 9/2
    2.30 Melodic Rendezvous 6/4
    3.00 Hawkes Point 9/2
    3.30 Golden Chieftain 5/1

Very, very keen on these today, 50 quid accy.

17. TopClass

TopClass Well-Known Member

Tidal Bay has been confirmed as more likely for the World Hurdle than to line up in the Cheltenham Gold Cup.

An astonishing decision given the strength of all his chase form. That might suggest that Cheltenham is not going to be the soft ground many people feared a few weeks ago.

18. Dexter

Dexter Well-Known Member

Wonder how many N/R's we'll have after the first race is run.

Hope none of the star attractions are withdrawn.

19. OddDog

Staff Member

I think they probably made that decision after Silviniaco Conti's demolition job yesterday when probably only 80% tuned up. Big player for the CGC.

20. OddDog

Staff Member

Surprised the Nicholls horse is so easy to back - I think he has by far the best form in the race. Taken some 6/4