1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic The start of my new life

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Teessidemackem, Oct 19, 2018.

1. Teessidemackem

Teessidemackem Well-Known Member

So today i finally moved out of my bachelor pad and set up home with my lass, her daughter and my boys (50% of the time).
    Rewind 18months ago and i was a depressed state thinking my life had no purpose and meaning and if it wasnt for my boys who knows what i might have ended up doing. Just goes to show never give up or throw the towel in, good people always get out of life what they deserve .

2. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

Aye great stuff, was concerned about you a while ago because I could tell you were going through dark times and I'm no stranger to that myself but tbh I knew you'd be alright in the end.

Didn't know you were inheriting a daughter too, how old are the three kids?

Teessidemackem likes this.
  3. Teessidemackem

6, 5 and 5 mate so its pretty hard work ha. We get every other weekend childfree so its not all that bad.
    Thankyou mate, yes i was worried about myself aswell. I always thought i was a mentally strong man but since my boys were born that side of me has changed alot and not living with them on a permanant basis anymore fecked my head up. I practically brought them up on my own as babies because my ex worked long hours.

4. Paperback Ruiter

Paperback Ruiter Well-Known Member

Just make sure you let the people who have made you feel this happy know they're responsible! I'm chuffed for you mate but from own experience I'd say make sure they know how happy you are and don't take it for granted they do!

5. Teessidemackem

I will mate, thankyou.

Paperback Ruiter likes this.
  6. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

Oof yeah no rest for you mate haha.

I read an interesting take on being a parent which was that up to the point it happens you're the leading man in the story of your life but as soon as they're born your kids take centre stage and you willingly become a supporting actor. I think it's accurate and no doubt it would **** with your head if anything came between you and your kids because everything's about them.

7. Teessidemackem

Thats very true mate. I never gave a feck about anyone before my my boys were born other than myself. Even the thought of dying never scared me but it scares the hell out of me now not seeing my boys grow up. I cant even stand watching the news now if it involves bad things happening to kids.

8. The Norton Cat

The Norton Cat Well-Known Member

As I think I may have mentioned before, I have been in a very similar situation to you. In fact, being in that situation is what prompted me to start posting on this site- reaching out to people connected to my home because I ended up living at the other end of the country.
    Life turned to **** for me and I went through depression etc while trying to still be a good dad to my daughter. But last Saturday I got married to the most wonderful woman in the world and had all the best people I've ever met in one room at the same time. Life still has it complications but it's better than it ever was now.
    I've followed your story and I'm really pleased for you that you've come out the other side in a better place. I know how it feels to be in that situation. If anyone knows what I've been through its you and, if we ever cross paths, I'd like to buy you a beer and drink to never giving in to the **** that life throws at you. I wish you all the best.

9. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

Well said mate and great news about your wedding, top bloke.

The Norton Cat likes this.
  10. Teessidemackem

Congratulations mate im so happy for you. Id love a pint with you sometime, im glad im not alone in finding a better life

The Norton Cat likes this.

11. The Norton Cat

Cheers lads. Onwards and upwards for all of us, eh? <cheers>

12. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

For sure mate. All being well in a few months I've got a boy on the way to be a little brother to my two year old girl so obviously I'm really excited about that, buggered if I can think of a name I like though.

13. Burly Hurley

Burly Hurley Well-Known Member

I'm really pleased to see you moving on with your life Tees. I'm even more pleased that you still have your boys in your life and now a step-daughter as well.

That's the same situation I found myself in 16 years ago, 2 boys and a girl. I hope you find the same degree of peace in your life as I have found in mine with my wife.

Yesterday was a hell of a day for both of us mate! :emoticon-0150-hands

14. Vincemac

Vincemac Well-Known Member

Great news enjoy our journey

15. The Norton Cat

That's great news! Congratulations!

Nacho likes this.
  16. clockstander

clockstander Well-Known Member

Just wait till the grand-bairns show up then you know what's what, <laugh> . In the meantime well done all of you, and remember, a problem shared is a problem halved.

17. SAFCDRUM

SAFCDRUM Well-Known Member

I've come back from being widowed at 31. I'm now 44, remarried, with 3 kids, the youngest 6 weeks old. My now wife has MS and is partially sighted. Life is full of some major ups and downs. I've not met anyone on here but it's a great form of release and at least we all (most of us anyway) have at least one common love.

18. marcusblackcat

marcusblackcat SAFC Sheriff
    Forum Moderator

Well done mate. Love stuff like this. Takes a lot to pull yourself round from going through the stuff you have. Onwards and upwards.

There are more important things than football

19. gelders pie

gelders pie Well-Known Member

Chuffed to bits for you Tees mate.

20. safcycharlie

safcycharlie Active Member

Pleased for you Tees. Always hoped for you and them two lads. Just like my twin girls 25 years on your two boys will be well proud of their dad