1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Squad

Discussion in 'Wolves' started by SparkyClarky96, Jun 3, 2011.

1. SparkyClarky96

SparkyClarky96 New Member

Mick Mcarthey over the years has built up a strong Wolves Side, so does he need to dip his hand into the transfer market to get some new players?
    In my opinion Yes!
    after the departure of Marcus Hanneman the clubs only decent goal keeper is Wayne Hennesey who is a great keeper dont get me wrong but there is the issue of a keeper that is needed on the bench. Carl Ikeme is a good keeper but is he good enough for the starting 11 or even the bench. There are many great keepers out there and in my opinion Mcarthy needs to start the season with a new keeper!
    The back 4 are pretty strong with Elokobi, Berra (who in my opinion has to be played more this season) Zubar and Foley form a great back 4 so will mick make any changes there ?
    The midfield are also pretty strong with Kightly, O'hara, Henry and the big man Matty Jarvis. Will mick splash the cash in this area aswell ? well have to wait and see!
    Upfront Fletcher and Ebanks-Blake but does he need to out any big money upfront? yes he does with west ham going down Demba Ba is a Must have for mick !
    so the ideal Starting 11 for wolves is :
    Hennesy
    Zubar Berra Foley (out of Position) Elokobi

Kightly O'hara Henry Jarvis

Fletcher Ba

This should be the ideal line up for Mick Mcarthy. So does he need to buy a load of players in the trasnfer market ? I dont think he does !

2. Harry Preece

Harry Preece New Member

i reckon we should convert elokobi to a center back cause he has worked on his heading so much lately and he has so much strength just his heights abit of a problem at center back i spose. Also on the keeper issue we need someone with experience to help hennesey develop even more and as a back up cause i dont see ikeme being a premier league keeper. also johnson and ridgewell from birmingham would be great at center back i reckon berra should be sold though hes been good this season but ultimately he's championship material. i dont see us getting demba ba though and even roger johnson blues want 14million for him. I also reckon we should cash in on doyle because him and fletcher wont play together apparently and fletcher is better than doyle

3. Harry Preece

Harry Preece New Member

Forget the center backs johnson and nedum onouha*****

4. SparkyClarky96

True Doyle could make us some money in the transfer window and the money we get for him goes straight to Demba Ba and then we will finish around Mid table ! Fletcher is the best upfront at Wolves at the moment ! Fletcher and Ba upfront...... we'd be unstoppable !

5. Harry Preece

Harry Preece New Member

we won't get demba ba we've made no contact with him and apparently he's rated at around 10million and he's already in talks with sunderland so no chance

6. hedgeworth

hedgeworth Active Member
    Forum Moderator

I don't see how you can say the back 4 are pretty strong, some of the goals we have conceded this season have been goals you would be disappointed to concede at a much lower level, and are the main reason we were in the bottom 3 for most of the season.

Kightly still has a way to go before he is worth a starting place in my opinion.

I would be interested to see how Doyle and Fletcher play together, not really had the chance many times this season and if we could somehow get them playing well together then Doyle would give Fletch so many more opportunities.

7. SparkyClarky96

The partnership between Fletcher and Doyle up front isnt as good as it was and if thats the case then why dosent mick look into buying a new goal keeper?
    Kightly is worthy of a starting place as he partners well with fletcher, putting balls through for him crossing balls into the middle etc. In my view the only area that needs work on and maybe some cash being out into it is the Goalkeeping!

8. hedgeworth

hedgeworth Active Member
    Forum Moderator

I actually rate Hennessey, and don't rate Kightly(on current ability), i think people seem to have rose tinted glasses on from when we came up a few seasons ago, but i have not seen anything like that quality of play since he has come back, hopefully he will gain the fitness/quality he needs.

9. east-coast-wolves

Kightly will be challenging for the first team if he gets back to a few years ago.

Hennessey is an excellent stopper, but without an organiser in the defence, isnt a top-class goalie. Hahnemann dealt with the shots that came his way because there werent so many of them because he knew how to organise his defenders. Hennessey needs to work on this, or we need a new CB who could do it for him.

10. Neilynotquite

Neilynotquite Member

I can't believe people would consider selling Doyle. When he got injured playing for Ireland the common conclusion was that we were in serious trouble. Now that Fletcher has shown what he can do I think we have an opportunity to go back to 4-4-2, at least at home against all but the top 7. For me, when we have played 4-4-2, we stop playing through the midfield and using the wide men and just lump long balls forward. If we stop doing that and play proper football I think we would be carrying a real threat with Fletcher as the main target for crosses. I might not be so optimistic if we fail to sign O'Hara though. I think Moxey should sort that one out before anybody else puts in an offer.

11. east-coast-wolves

The problem with 4-4-2 is that MM will still insist on playing Henry, who is not up to that kind of formation. We may be able to play Milijas and O'Hara together, or O'Hara with Guedioura, but Henry is too defensive minded. It just doesnt work.