1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The sort of tackling we don't want

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by BringBackfootie, Mar 28, 2011.

1. BringBackfootie

BringBackfootie New Member

Hi Folks,

For all the attention from fans and the media alike given to the tackle on Nani by Jamie Carragher, the Manchester UNited fans seemed to be able to explain away the two worst tackles I have seen this season. Rafael on Lucas and Evans on Holden.

Luckily Lucas was able to avoid Rafael or he would be out for the season. Holden was not so lucky.
    26 stitches and 6 months out.

Fair enough if Evans didn't try to do him, this is not want I am pointing out.

What I am pointing out is the way Manchester United fans attempt in vain to eplain why Cara's tackle was worse, which honeslty defies logic and is indicitive of why their fans are not liked, United supporters are all Arsene Wengers it seems.

No big media storm either, no crying Holden who was "Actually hurt" unlike Nani who got up again.

No Fergie calling Evans tackle a disgrace, and United fans all think it was not as bad Jamie's by using some sort of twisted logic:)

Even though the proof is in the pudding, Holden 26 stitches and out for the rest of the season, Evans should have got the maximum ban too, that could have been a career finisher, mancs are still saying Carra's was worse.

Rafael and Evans made two of the most cowardly tackles I have even seen. Right up there with the chicken**** cowards tackle of Lucas Neil that broke carra's leg.

For all the defending of the ref for sending off Joe Cole for his two footed block that made no contact this season, then to defend Rafael, well is it any wonder their (Mancs) opinions carry no weight, it's like listening to Wenger re his teams offending.

I tthink a to be fair with a tackle like that the bad should be relative to how long the injured player will be out with a minimum of a 3 game ban, hence Evans should be banned until Holden is back in ful training, Carra would have got a 3 game ban, even retro I dont mind, it wasn't a great tackle, but Evans should have been punished more severely considering the outcome. Rafael should have got a 1 game retro ban too for that one.

I don't care if it is Liverpool players or any other, the punishment needs to start fitting the crime in football, players get sent off for two yellow card nothing incidents and Rafael and Carra stay on the pitch for red card and ban offences, Evans, did he get a 1 game ban for that, what a disapointing thing to tell players with that punishment, its cool to cripple a player you'll only get a one game ban, thats what the FA have pretty much put out there. even a 3 game ban isn't enough for that one. This allows teams to "take players out" of a game by injuring them.

2. Constcrepe

Constcrepe Active Member

Evans was dismissed for a 50-50 challenge, in which he played the ball. Yes he dived in and yes he contacted with the lad and in todays climate he got a red. I have no problem with the decision by the ref. But Holden was off the ground as well. No yellow or punishment for him. But I take it by your argument if Evans had been injured would you've been calling for Holden's head? I don't think so. Rafael could have also been sent off but so should Maxi Rodríguez for his studs on Rafael 1-2 seconds before he dived in on Lucas. I'm not justifying Rafael for his tackle but wondering why you are so quiet over the tackle which lead to Rafael losing his head in the first place. Isn't Maxi Rodríguez's studs up cowardly as well?

3. BringBackfootie

BringBackfootie New Member

Thank you for proving my point.

Evans feet off the ground studs out two feet mangled the player, no I would say not 50 50 the way he went in for it, more 90 10,
    You proved my pont nicely about yer lot cheers.

4. Constcrepe

Constcrepe Active Member

Yea and you just proved how blind the scum are when it suits them.

5. Psycho2k

Psycho2k Active Member

Are you saying it was also a 2 footed challenge?

6. KingPepeReina.

KingPepeReina. Active Member

How is that Sir Senile didn't comment on Evans challenge and call it disgraceful.?
    Hypocrite.He probably called it a ''nothing challenge'' like when Shrek elbowed James McCarthy.Did Evans attempt to apologise to young Holden,there has been no mention of this either.Well at least Carra had the decency to attempt to apologise to Michael Jackson,and would have done if he was let.
    Double standards coming out of the theatre of debt as usual.They are also going to be hit with accumulated fines from the FA in the near future,due to Fergusons boycott of the BBC.What did the BBC do wrong,they just pointed out agents are crooks,and it doesn't matter if your last name is Ferguson.Finding an honest agent is like trying to find a Man United fan without a chip on his shoulder.For all their success they spend loads of time on the Liverpool board.Their players comment on Liverpool on a regular basis,their fans sing about Liverpool when they are playing West Ham.The best one was they thought they were insulting Fernando Torres when they were playing Chelsea when they were singing ''You Scouse Bastard''.He was standing beside Wayne Rooney...who is both a scouser and from Liverpool.Oops I forgot Evertonians aren't scousers in the opinions of manc twats.

7. Swarbs

Swarbs Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

<laugh>

Every time you open your mouth you just look more ignorant.

SAF's comment on Evan's red card:
    "Once you raise your feet you are putting yourself in a dangerous area. It was unfortunate but we cannot complain."

Dalglish on Gerrard's red card in January:
    "The other one [Gerrard’s dismissal], I cannot see that as a red card either. In the dressing room before the game someone said to me the game’s not changed that much. I said, 'I thought it was a non-contact sport’. Maybe I was right.”

So now who's the hypocrite? One manager accepts that the player's challenge was dangerous and that the referees decision was right, the other whinges that it' must be a "non contact sport" after their player makes a two footed jumping lunge?

Oh, and Evans did apologise to Holden, and Holden accepted his apology. Of course Evans waited until after the match and apologised by phone rather than trying to ambush a player who was leaving the changing room on crutches...

And who's the one with a chip on their shoulder? You're the one who's unable to talk about United without using childish nicknames like "Sir Senile", "Shrek" and "Michael Jackson". It's sad really, cos the vast majority of Liverpool fans are decent fellas who keep things in proportion and have a sense of humour. There's just some that always have to ruin it with their blinkered views and incoherent ramblings.

8. KingPepeReina.

KingPepeReina. Active Member

Childish Nicknames.
    You lot are a bunch of hypocrites.
    Examples.Liverpool fans=Bin Dippers.
    Murdering Bastards.
    Liverpool+Loserpool.
    Anfield=Anfailed.
    Steven Gerrard.Stevie Me,Stevie GBH.
    Jamie Carragher=Carrahoof.
    Andy Carroll=The Alcoholic Ponytail.
    Now is that not a little bit childish swarbs.
    Why do you spend so much time on the Liverpool board.?Did they not teach you in your remedial class that M for Manchester follows L for Liverpool.Did you get lost.?

9. Swarbs

Swarbs Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Once again, you completely change the subject when you've lost the argument. Nicely done, a high class fail.

And well done, you have found seven nicknames United use for Liverpool. Compare that to the 20+ you personally use for United and you have just proved you are three times as childish as any other United fan.

And it's a bit rich for you to complain about me coming on the Liverpool board when half your posts are about United, you specifically start threads discussing United, and you've just been posting on the United boards yourself. Even your own fans admit you are an embarrasment. Next time you're watching Sesame Street, just remember - H is for Hypocrite <ok>

10. Constcrepe

Constcrepe Active Member

You talk about remedial classes and yet put a question mark after a full stop when asking a question. <doh>