1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Riddler to leave HP.

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by hp_bedoboy, Sep 23, 2011.

1. hp_bedoboy

hp_bedoboy Active Member

According to BBC he wants out....:emoticon-0106-cryin.........:grin:, <cheers> or:emoticon-0149-no:

2. greenjock

greenjock Member

I hope it's James Brent who was told him he isn't wanted. More likely the court case is worrying him too much <laugh> whatever the reason "lets all have a disco, lets all have a disco"

3. Scottswan

Scottswan Active Member

At face value surely it's a good thing? I just hope that this somehow doesn't leave you guys worse off. Any decent football fan's thoughts are with you guys.

4. greenjock

greenjock Member

this is definitely good news. takeover expected to complete on 10th october and ridsdale gone. first piece of good news in god knows how long.

5. atcham jack

atcham jack Well-Known Member

now argyle will start winning again and climbing the league. bring back reidy, best of luck from the shrews

6. hp_bedoboy

hp_bedoboy Active Member

Who can blame us at the moment....I think a positive outcome will arise.

7. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Peter Ridsdale hasn't completely gone yet............so watch this space......especially Gat-Po..........James Brent had offered him a short contract ...........and they couldn't agree terms............Brent has left the door open.......so he aint completely gone yet...........at present Ridsdale is available to consult with for awhile............but he could be at the right price and the right amount of involvement change his mind...........if he was completely going why would he have negotiated with Brent in the first place ???

When Ridsdale first announced that he was leaving I said be careful in a thread that it could be part of negotiations..........it's got to be financially viable for him to stay.

8. homepark_hobo

homepark_hobo Member

If Brent can control the financial side of things and only allow Ridsdale to spend what we can afford then a short term deal could work.

I doubt however it means more than "I have no problem with him but he will have to accept my terms..."

Today is D-Day for Ridsdale anyway - Cardiff looms...

9. homepark_hobo

homepark_hobo Member

10. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I get to do a "I told you so" now. There was no way this case was going to go against him even looking at the scanty bit of the case everyone knew. I am a bit surprised that the Trading Standards even went for it. "We will buy players with the proceeds". "No suitable players became available that would have improved our squad" That is not an intention to deceive it is a set of circumstances and the simplest argument in the world to make. You prove it wasn't so because you can't. Ducking and diving is an art form in itself and some people, usually Politicians, are graduates in it.

11. Scottswan

Scottswan Active Member

If I was in charge of the country, my Common Sense Committee would sling him out in a heartbeat. ****ing crook.

12. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

The question is, would Peter Ridsdale be happy to be answerable to a board of Directors.........especially seeing at the moment there isn't one in place yet.

Most people would like to know who they are working with...........why should Peter Ridsdale be any different.

Does someone like Ridsdale feel happy playing with someone elses train set..........he want's to be in charge and do things his own way........obviously doesn't like being shackled,............. and now that the stupid Cardiff case is dead and buried he might have ideas of his own to chase...........or even stay,who knows.

13. akagreengull2

akagreengull2 Member

Brent in ridsdale out.

14. Plymjools

Plymjools Active Member
    Forum Moderator

The Chairman has to be voted in by the directors .... hopefully whoever is on the board says NO to him as chairman ...... pasty seller yes, programme seller yes, car park attendant yes, chairman NOOOOOO !!!!

15. WestCountrylalala

WestCountrylalala Active Member
    Forum Moderator

Yey!

GATPO I will pm you my predictions as suggested ok? Thanks for that!

16. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I thought Ridsdale said he was leaving. You mean he isn't? Just because the Court case has fallen over doesn't mean he is now staying does it. I think he will go as there will be nothing in it for him here if he stays. There is bound to be another club out there sliding towards our situation if not now than before long.

17. Plymjools

Plymjools Active Member
    Forum Moderator

Truro isn't far to walk to !

18. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Now sensible...........since when has any decision been set in stone.............as a married man I thought you would be wise to that sort of thing.

Like Gat-Po's motto above.......Peter Ridsdale has been proven innocent and he wasn't slow in thanking his legal team publically.........good business brain.

Ridsdale wasn't slow either in mentioning how it had disrupted his life and how it was a weight lifted off his good name................(sensible you and I need to back off a moment).

Did you hear that scream in the distance,that was Gat-Po, also steam coming out of her ears as well...............She was so sure that (he who cannot be named) he was going just because he said so...........why Gat-Po you've never believed anything else he had said......why now ?

OK sensible safe to come out of your cupboard again, Gat-Po has calmed down just a little.

If Ridsdale is unable to accept Brent's offer,and it is on record that Brent in the short term wants him to stay...........then he will sail-off or put his walking shoes back on..........you can rest assured Gat-Po that he wouldn't be interested in a tiddler like Truro,............who would have had years of Kevin Heaney to unrabble,what an horrific thought that conjures up.

But.......if he does stay............(stand back again sensible, Gat-Po alarm going off again) he has the football expertise that PAFC need at present,because they are totally devoid of it without him at this present time.......and I can be sure when I say........I would prefer to have him on my side than against me.

With Brent setting up the right management structure (Directors etc ) to run the club he would be answerable to the board and would have to have their confidence in any decisions that he makes.

Can Ridsdale work under such conditions........and because of the control, the salary would be less than taking full control on decision making.

If he does not feel that he can do his best work under those restrictions then he will go. But we must not be blind to what he has done this year for PAFC, he has helped to keep this club alive by his knowledge of football management, and stopped the taxman from claiming their first big football scalp......which would have rocked the football community more than I think we realize.