1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Prems top passing teams so far....Liverpool & tikataka only 8th

Discussion in 'The Premier League' started by CPofL KTBFFH, Sep 23, 2013.

1. Page_Moss_Kopite

Page_Moss_Kopite Well-Known Member

2. Sucky

Sucky peoples champ & forum saviour

3. CFC: Champs £launderx17

I thought although the Moores chaired Everton, they also had a significant possibly majority shareholding in LFC from the 60s and 70s as well, which coincided with their growth as a club.

Happy to learn more though about who owned shares in LFC in the 70s and 80s. Please educate us.

Is this Wiki entry about the Moores bankrolling Liverpool since the 60s incorrect:

"As the owner of Anfield and founder of Liverpool, John Houlding was the club's first chairman, a position he held from its founding in 1892 until 1904. John McKenna took over as chairman after Houlding's departure.[79] McKenna subsequently became President of the Football League.[80] The chairmanship changed hands many times before John Smith, whose father was a shareholder of the club, took up the role in 1973. He oversaw the most successful period in Liverpool's history before stepping down in 1990.[81] His successor was Noel White who became Chairman in 1990 [82] In August 1991 David Moores, whose family had owned the club for more than 50 years became Chairman. His uncle John Moores was also a shareholder at Liverpool and was chairman of Everton from 1961 to 1973. Moores owned 51 percent of the club, and in 2004 expressed his willingness to consider a bid for his shares in Liverpool.[83]

4. CPofL KTBFFH

CPofL KTBFFH New Member

I can't believe that a Liverpool supporter is denying that they were bankrolled by the Football Pools Moores family. How the hell can they try and deny that. They have now reached a new low even for them.
    It's not just one of them though, they are both saying it. God how embarrassing are they. LFC must be so proud having fans that deny their history even though it is well documented.

What is really funny is that a timeline on the Official LFC website has a headline "transfer record broken AGAIN' just after Moores started pumping the Pools money in. And yet they deny he bought them success <laugh><laugh><laugh>

5. CPofL KTBFFH

CPofL KTBFFH New Member

What's embarrassing is not knowing your own clubs history <doh>

You have exceled yourselves this time and quite frankly you look like absolute idiots. This will go down in not606 folklore.

6. CPofL KTBFFH

CPofL KTBFFH New Member

Did you even read your own article? <laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh>

Here let me quote you some of it.

John Moores, owner of the multi-million pound Littlewoods empire, was a shareholder at Anfield, but a board member across the park at Everton.

7. CFC: Champs £launderx17

These plastic Liverpool fans don't even know their own history.

Everton were bigger than LFc for years. Both clubs built on dirty money from exploiting the working classes from their wages.

8. CPofL KTBFFH

CPofL KTBFFH New Member

I am still gobsmacked that a Liverpool fan would deny being funded by these guys. It stretches their suppose affiliation to LFC to the limits. You have to wonder if they're just Spuds or Mancs on the windup because they certainly know little about LFC.

9. CFC: Champs £launderx17

They must be scouring the Mersey to find facts to prove they are genuine dippers as we speak.

Disgraceful that they know so little about their own club

10. SpursDisciple

SpursDisciple Booking: Mod abuse - overturned on appeal
    Forum Moderator

Watford, do you ever try the Spurs board. A lot less abuse than the Chelsea one. I'm sure I have seen you post there but not very often. Your posts are usually very interesting and you might find our board has a similar attitude to yours. Or do you just like the fights on the Chelsea board?

11. gaf 71

gaf 71 Well-Known Member

What don't you understand about ' I aint going to waste my time on a **** like you' ?

12. gaf 71

gaf 71 Well-Known Member

That would be when I first saw Liverpool at Anfield. Just saying.
    At least 25 years before you started waving your plastic flag at Chavski I reckon.

13. CFC: Champs £launderx17

No detail: which match, who scored, where you stood... Sounds fishy to me.

Did your uncle take you up on the train from Milton Keynes <laugh>

I see you are online now. Quick: Google Liverpool's fixtures from that year

14. Page_Moss_Kopite

<laugh>

So you think that because Moore's had a few shares in the club he was spending millions or the equivalent in those days to bankroll us.<doh>

The articles in the links I posted tells the story of Cecil and John Moore's involvement in LFC and neither of those articles back your bs up, in fact they point to the opposite being the case.

And I see Mr Buck from Chelsea is ****ting himself because his club are struggling to meet the FFP rules , deffo got something to there.<ok>

15. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Was he not majority shareholder?

Surely if you are a proper fan from back in the day, you can enlighten us more, rather than sharing an irrelevant article by a comedian on bill shankly

16. CPofL KTBFFH

CPofL KTBFFH New Member

Yes, he owned 51% and other members of the family owned another 38%. They funded Shankly to break the then transfer record several times.

PMK is absolutely not an LFC fan because denying your history like he is doing is not what a real fan would do. He's definitely on the wum. If he is an LFC fan then he is just embarrassing himself and his club with his complete lack of knowledge about the club he supports.

I'm sure there are plenty of LFC fans cringing when reading his posts. I love a wum and don't like LFC fans at all but I actually feel embarrassed for him.

17. Page_Moss_Kopite

Keep trying old fella.<laugh>

David Moores is the only member of the Moores family to be the major shareholder at LFC and he only managed to attain 51% of the shares in 1991.<ok>

18. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Someone has been using Wikipedia again because they know nothing about their club.

So who owned shares in LFC before 91? Gerry and the Pacemakers?

Your ignorance, thinking that the Moores family did not have a massive influence on LFC from the 60s onwards, shoe what are Johnny come lately plastic fan you are

19. CPofL KTBFFH

CPofL KTBFFH New Member

He's definitely a manc wum. No one would seriously say the things he's saying and be a true LFC fan.
    They owned the majority of shares for over 50 years until sold in 2007 to the yanks. Even the history section on the Official LFC website says it. Maybe they're wrong and he's right <doh> Hell, even his wiki says it "In August 1991 David Moores, whose family had owned the club for more than 50 years became Chairman."

20. Page_Moss_Kopite

<laugh>

I dont need Wiki mate unlike you and the other fella, David Moores in the years leading up to 1991 was 'known' and 'reported locally' to be seeking the majority shareholding at LFC and making offers to buy shares from minority shareholders which he finally achieved in 91.

'who owned shares in LFC before 91', the ****ing shareholders ya meff.<laugh>

At Liverpool F.C., Mr Moore is the chairman of the club, with its 17,923 shares, about fifty-one percent of the club. Considering that a share price is about £4,000, it is understandable that his power on the club's management is important. That's why he is also president of the club. With this function, he can set the strategy of the club and appoint the key employees. Charismatic shareholders also uses of personal connections for the benefit of their clubs. This is an example of an internal stakeholder who runs the club. But Liverpool F.C. is composed of 34,000 shares which belong to 1,500 different shareholders; some are external to the club. This is a major challenge for a football club because these shareholders attend to the annual general meetings; they discuss the club decisions and influence the club's strategy. It is really important for the clubs that shareholders agree with the strategy proposed, otherwise they will have to negotiate.

And before 91 the shareholders owned LFC but none of the Moores family were majority shareholders.<doh>

Keep digging you pair of tossers.<laugh>