Off Topic The Politics Thread

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by Ron, Jul 22, 2016.

1. Steveo

Steveo Well-Known Member

the new immigration policy looks interesting.
    I haven't looked at in detail yet but it looks like all the jobs that British people didn't want to do will now be once again be done by British people. Seems fair enough. And we will import the Europeans with brains in to manage them all <laugh>

2. QuarterMoonII

QuarterMoonII Economist

You must remember that campaign slogan "Make America Great Again".
    You must remember that campaign slogan "Get Brexit Done".

I am figuring that by March you may be familiar with the campaign slogan "Get It Done".
    Former New York mayor Michael Bloomberg is spending big on the advertising Stateside - oh, and it is Mike now.
    Just seen "Mike Bloomberg will get it done" on The Donald's favourite channel Fox News.

3. Chaninbar

Chaninbar The Crafty Cockney

Priti Patel quizzed on this on 5 Live this morning. God she’s retarded, makes Diane Abbott appear clever in comparison which takes some doing.

Steveo likes this.
  4. Archers Road

Archers Road Urban Spaceman

She’s not Pretty either

Chaninbar likes this.
  5. QuarterMoonII

QuarterMoonII Economist

Slipping into broken record mode again...

You are not alone as I have already spotted the direction of travel of another frequent contributor here.

If Boris wants a workable majority at the next election he needs to hang on to some of those northern and Welsh Brexit voters. Flood prevention work is the remit of the Environment Agency, who have been doing a lot of warning lately about how some of this flooding simply cannot be fixed.

Are these '70 Brits' the ones quarantined for fourteen days? Just what is the government supposed to do about them being quarantined? Send the Royal Navy to liberate them because we are so clever that we have a cure, so flying them home is the least risky policy for the 66 million Brits who have been nowhere near the source. As I understand it one Brit aboard the ship in Japan has been diagnosed with Coronavirus - ship him to Islington as the Annointed One has the solution for everything.

6. QuarterMoonII

QuarterMoonII Economist

There will surely be plenty of them.

They can see what a total disaster the European Union has become for Europe's economy. Everything can be sacrificed to keep the political project going. Nobody is unexpendable. Young people in Italy, Spain and Portugal do not want to work or build a future life. Keep printing more Euros as someone can make that debt disappear way in the future.

Smart Europeans should get off the sinking ship.

7. Steveo

Steveo Well-Known Member

oh dear I wonder when the penny will drop for idiots like this...<laugh>

8. Archers Road

Might take while, but the penny will drop eventually. Boris had Londoners fooled for a long time, and we like to think we’re pretty savvy (yeah yeah, I know :emoticon-0105-wink:); he was a truly useless Mayor, but the Billy Bunter act kept a lot of people onside much longer than should have been the case.

For some, the penny will never drop. But you can’t fool all of the people all of the time.

rudebwoy likes this.
  9. CaptainPops

CaptainPops Well-Known Member

I m not sure why it's affecting you so much this lack of Boris presence and why you are in uproar about it. I mean the likes of Blair and Brown were hardly visible and when they were they would be ushered to ascertain places..although Gordon Brown got caught out when he said what he did about a member of the general public.

It's the same whoever is in power. I would rather see the environment minister or floods minister than the PM anyway as it's within their remit to do something.

I think you and Archers are just moaning because you don't like Boris. But whoever was PM right now wouldn't be touring all these areas you want them too anyways..

It's a bit stuck record guys...

10. smokethedeadbadger

smokethedeadbadger Well-Known Member

It must be exhausting hating something so much

11. Steveo

Steveo Well-Known Member

the point is that Johnson was happy enough to visit these areas when he was wanting your vote - now he has got it this new approach comes across as though he couldn't care less.

12. CaptainPops

CaptainPops Well-Known Member

We get the point you are making but we have seen the same with previous Labour and Tory leaders..none of them are in any way connected with the people and live in their own little bubble.

You are moaning about something thst has happened with lots of previous leaders but you just can't help yourself cause you hate Boris. I don't see the point saying it as if you are trying to make it unique to Boris.. it's not it's what PMs do...:emoticon-0105-wink:

smokethedeadbadger likes this.
  13. QuarterMoonII

QuarterMoonII Economist

Is that those incredibly smart Londoners who back Sadiq Khan? No way to fool all of them rocket scientists.

Knife crime totally out of control in the capital but the mayor is too busy grovelling to the EU for special treatment of the London financial services. What a waste of time - has the cretin forgotten that he is part of the Labour story of abject failure and they really did lose in December so dealing with the EU is not his remit? Total loser - London welcome to him.

14. Archers Road

I think most Londoners recognise that knife crime is out of control because the Tory government dramatically reduced police numbers, while simultaneously imposing austerity measures which devastated support services for young people vulnerable to gang culture.

We are not gullible enough down here to think complex problems can be solved by demonising foreigners or minorities. Or that retreating into flag waving tribalism will benefit anyone at all.

London is overwhelmingly a Labour stronghold btw, and remained so last December. It’s also a progressive outward looking City at odds with the deluded Nationalism that appears to have infected other parts of the country. It’s only right that our elected Mayor should champion the enlightened values of it’s citizens.

Proud to be a part of this vibrant, inclusive, endlessly creative City.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2020
    Toby and Steveo like this.
  15. floridaspearl

floridaspearl Well-Known Member

Knife crime is out of control in London because we were forced to take these refugees from war torn countries. It’s not their fault, violence is all they’ve ever known. They don’t value life just the next dollar.

16. smokethedeadbadger

smokethedeadbadger Well-Known Member

I live in an area with a high immigrant population and what crime there is here is usually perpetrated by the jobless council rats who were born and raised over here.

Chaninbar and Archers Road like this.
  17. Archers Road

Lots of people thought like you in the 1930s too, but fortunately we still took some Jewish refugees from Nazi Germany.

Toby likes this.
  18. floridaspearl

Most of these people are being exploited by African and Eastern European mafias. Blair and his ilk opened the floodgates and there’s no going back. It’s ingrained in our environment. Every man or women for themselves no more community.

19. Archers Road

How can you go through life with a mindset like that? Let the drawbridge down and step outside, the world isn’t such a terrifying place.

Come to London for a day out - you almost certainly won’t get stabbed, and if you do we still have some great hospitals (despite 10 years of Tory austerity). An African doctor will stitch you up and have you back on your feee in no time.

smokethedeadbadger likes this.
  20. floridaspearl

How many times do we have to have this conversation. I’ve lived and worked in London my whole life, it’s a ****hole now . Gone down the pan in the last ten years. Oh and by the way. I’m not the one trying to exploit these people, you are.