Off Topic The Politics Thread

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by Ron, Jul 22, 2016.

1. Steveo

Steveo Well-Known Member

Oven Ready Pops, Oven Ready! :emoticon-0136-giggl
    imagine voting for a party whose only policy is apparently oven ready <laugh>

Toby and CaptainPops like this.
  2. Sir Barney Chuckles

Sir Barney Chuckles Who Dares Wins

Surely the etiquette in England, re chatting to strangers at railway stations, extends only to talking about extremes of the old weather.

Bustino74 and Archers Road like this.
  3. CaptainPops

CaptainPops Well-Known Member

I think if Steveo is anything like he is on here as in repeating everything and just rehashing the same old stuff I bet that MP was right royally pi**ed off.

Just think it's strange behaviour..one to hunt down or even recognise your MP on a crowded platform, then to openly ask some questions with everyone listening in. Don't people have something better to do as I m sure Steveo wouldn't have achieved anything from it..

A lot of Mps don't engage with their constituents as well you know that's not exclusive to the Tories..

4. CaptainPops

CaptainPops Well-Known Member

I LIKE oven ready....pop it in the oven, nice and easy and away you go..I wouldn't mind putting some of these remoaners in the oven too and shutting the oven door behind them..:emoticon-0127-lipss

5. Archers Road

Archers Road Urban Spaceman

Which might seamlessly lead on to a discussion of global warming, and how politicians don’t appear to be taking it seriously..,

Ron and Joe_z like this.
  6. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I might need a medium by then <laugh>

Archers Road likes this.
  7. Steveo

Steveo Well-Known Member

the thing is Pops when I put a chicken in the oven I know what I am going to get a few hours later.
    how does that work with Brexit ?

LG, rudebwoy and Ron like this.
  8. Steveo

Steveo Well-Known Member

I didn't hunt him down ! <laugh>
    he was out campaigning at the station giving out his leaflets.
    it is quite normal behaviour to then ask questions on what they are trying to sell to their voters!

he was actually quite happy to talk to me at first before of course I asked him questions he couldn't answer <cool>

LG, rudebwoy, Archers Road and 2 others like this.
  9. Steveo

Steveo Well-Known Member

Amazing to think that this idiot will be leading the country for the next 5 years at least <doh>

10. floridaspearl

floridaspearl Well-Known Member

Unless you’re up for a bit of cottaging in the bogs, not that I’d even know what that is.

11. Toby

Toby GC's Life Coach

I did wonder if anyone in the UK was stupid enough to like the 'oven ready' quote from Johnson...

I should have guessed tbh <doh>

rudebwoy likes this.
  12. QuarterMoonII

QuarterMoonII Economist

No sitting Prime Minister has ever lost their seat.

In the 1906 election, former Conservative PM Arthur Balfour lost his seat as they were routed by the Liberals a month after he resigned. At that election, some bloke called Keir Hardie led the Labour Representation Committee to win 29 seats, so they started calling themselves the Labour Party as it was snappier.

Opposition leaders have lost their seats on many occasions, the most famous being Herbert Asquith (Liberal) in 1918 and 1924; and Arthur Henderson (Labour) in 1931. The most recent party leader to lose their seat was Peter Robinson (DUP) in 2010.

Technically, the Prime Minister is the Queen’s Minister who sits in the House of Commons. Nobody has governed from the House of Lords since the 19th century but Johnson could constitutionally make himself a Lord to do so. More likely, if the Tories had a majority but Johnson had lost his seat they would put somebody in place as an interim whilst they held a leadership election as they do not have a deputy leader. If Labour had a majority but Corbyn had lost his seat, strictly speaking his deputy would become PM under party rules – but since Tom Watson quit, who would that be?

LG and smokethedeadbadger like this.
  13. QuarterMoonII

QuarterMoonII Economist

The Shadow Home Secretary...
    (the one with the privately-educated son arrested for assaulting the police) <laugh>

14. Chaninbar

Chaninbar The Crafty Cockney

Memo from Tory campaign to whoever this goon is who is representing them on QT tonight: Get the 'Get Brexit Done' line out early, and then sit back and say eff all while Farage makes a complete prick of himself. Seems to be working tbh.

LG likes this.
  15. LG

LG Well-Known Member

"Get Brexit Done" is an anagram for "Being Extorted" <cheers>

Ron, Archers Road and Chaninbar like this.
  16. Archers Road

Archers Road Urban Spaceman

17. Steveo

Steveo Well-Known Member

Labour will lose this election because of their failure to co operate with the Lib Dems.

This morning on my way in to work it was the turn of my Labour party candidate to get a grilling from me :biggrin:
    Basically in my constituency the nearest challengers to the Tories are the Lib Dems, and so I suggested to the Labour candidate that it may not be such a good idea campaigning so hard. I asked if she thought she could win (odds currently 100/1 <laugh>) The idiot replied "yes definitely" <laugh>

I argued that she was splitting the opposition vote and she said that was "nonsense".<doh>
    Incredibly she was boasting that the Tory candidate had not been seen during the campaign. I put it to her that he didn't actually need to bother to campaign as she was doing his job for him!! She also didn't like it much when I then asked her "did she understand how British politics actually worked " ? <laugh>

much as I would like to see Labour in power rather than the Tories, when you see stubborn idiots like this as candidates you realise that there is zero hope.
    Labour has been taken over by momentum and until they move back to the centre ground they will face years and years in the wilderness.

18. smokethedeadbadger

smokethedeadbadger Well-Known Member

With a different leader they'd piss this election

Steveo likes this.
  19. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

<laugh> Brilliant

20. Chaninbar

Chaninbar The Crafty Cockney

The Shadow Health Secretary - what a ****in plonker. Gets awkward for Bojo with the kid in hospital picture and his clumsy (being very kind) response and then this clown mouths of to his Tory mate about how ****e Corbyn is which is now leaked enabling the news agenda to move on <doh>