1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Play Offs

Discussion in 'Republic of Ireland' started by superhoops, Nov 9, 2011.

1. superhoops

superhoops Member

Normally if the Republic were about to take part in a two leg play-off for a prestigious Tournament I would becoming all excited about the opportunity of getting to the finals.
    Sadly this time things are not the same.
    First our foreign manager is costing an arm and a leg. So much so that our Association is allowing a tax exile is associated with financial scandal to pay a considerable portion of his salary.
    This unusual arrangement would be bad enough if we were getting value for money but our team is so boring, so lacking in entertainment that they would even make England attractive.
    We want to qualify but we need to have some values.

Economically if we qualify it will be another two nails in our economy coffin. Crowds of young people and other half wits will chasing across Europe to Poland and Austria spending money they having got. Others will be rushing over the border spending their last Euro on low price alcohol and having football parties on the money needed for mortgages.
    The poor value on the field combined with our desire to party is the last thing our economy can stand.

2. IA

IA Active Member

<cheers>

Shams fans and economics... :)

3. Reverend Heenan

Reverend Heenan New Member

Im very pleased for Ireland. They were absolutely superb but this victory and progression to Euro 2012 is all but guaranteed yet I still cant help thinking back to two years ago when that disgusting and disgraceful hypocrite and creature cheated Ireland out of going to the world cup.

4. Shawswood

Shawswood Well-Known Member

We've spent the last two years in therapy and have finally begun to find closure on that one.......
    And now you bring it all up again!

Hope you're pleased with yourself; you've probably put the hex on us now; couldn't you have waited until Wednesday?
    <wah>

5. HammersmithBlue

Even if Henry had not scored you still would have choked the penalty shoot out.

12 v 9 against Estonia finally ends four decades of failure

6. SupaMcGooner

SupaMcGooner Active Member

I don't remember Rooney playing against Ireland?
    please log in to view this image

7. RebelBhoy

RebelBhoy Moderator
    Staff Member

How exactly does Ireland beating Estonia end England's four decades of failure? I don't get it???

Looks like there is a possibility of a friendly between Ireland and England on the cards.

8. HammersmithBlue

Sorry should be three; failure to qualify for the Euros from 88 to 2012

9. superhoops

superhoops Member

If the FAI have any wit they will not invite that crowd, led by a racist over to Dublin.
    Dublin is a nice city, families can attend football matches of any code. Teams from all over Europe and the World
    can visit Dublin and play their game without the brutal we are the best attitude. Irish men and women, with good reason,
    don't like the English. They divided our Country and even the last time they came to play us they rioted and tried to kill our
    women and children supporters, all because we scored against them. Keeep them bas....s at home.

10. Shawswood

Shawswood Well-Known Member

Superhoops, if that's your level of debate I really hope that noone engages with you.

11. Rubadub

Rubadub Well-Known Member

Can you count how may decade's there has been from 1966 to now?? That's a lot of failure for a country that is the so called home of football <laugh>. It's your national sport and your the laughing stock of world football

12. superhoops

superhoops Member

Twins, does it take two of you to post?
    I stand over everything I posted.
    Surely any decent country would not have as captain any person who is accused of calling his team mate's brother a racist term.
    Surely for a friendly they could play someone else that has not got such a colourful past. Cheating on wife with team mates long term girl friend.
    Also hero Roooooney chasing after prostitutes of all ages, even grannies.
    Is a team like that suitable to play in front of the women and children of Ireland ?
    Of course their fans will behave just like their colleagues from the occupied 6, Riotous, loud, illmannered, and that is before they go a goal down.

13. Aviva My Arse!

Aviva My Arse! New Member

Buddy I dont think people are that dilusional...if they cant afford it, I doubt they're gonna spend a fortune chasing the team around Poland and Ukraine.

14. superhoops

superhoops Member

Arviva my arse. I am sorry I don't remember giving you permission to call me buddy.

History shows Irish fans borrowed all they could get their hands on , on previous occasions using money that was ear marked for all sorts of family needs leaving financial
    problems for years.

15. Aviva My Arse!

Aviva My Arse! New Member

Well then they're just stupid...theres nothing Id like more than to go to cheer the lads on, but I cant afford it so I wont.

BUDDY