1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Perfect Transfer Window

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by Angelicnumber16, Sep 7, 2017.

1. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

From the good old BBC

Championship club Bristol City had a "perfect" summer transfer window, head coach Lee Johnson has said.
    City added nine players before the 31 August deadline, including Senegal striker Famara Diedhiou for a club-record £5.3m.
    Three players departed and a further 15 were loaned to other clubs.
    "It was an excellent one, not only with the players we brought in but, from a selfish point of view, to have kept players," said Johnson.
    The 36-year-old told BBC Radio Bristol: "We had the perfect window. We kept players that were being heavily circled, both in this division and the division above."
    Bristol City rejected a number of bids for centre-back Aden Flint, while Johnson confirmed there was interest in Hordur Magnusson from three overseas clubs.
    "By bringing in Nathan Baker [from Aston Villa] it allowed us to pull the strings on any deal [for Flint]," added Johnson.
    "This club won't be selling players on the cheap. Certainly it would have to be market value for anyone to go.
    "Now it is up to the five centre-halves to compete for two places.

So he reckons we've had the perfect Transfer Window, and he got the 3 windows he asked for.

Given all that, it's time to deliver results on the pitch then...................

AshtonRed and Red Robin like this.
  2. invermeremike

invermeremike Well-Known Member

A bit smug in my opinion so when the head biters come calling, as they will, he obviously won't complain about the comments. I am not too sure that Diedhiou is all that good and when you consider the price paid by Lee it frightens me when he makes these kind of statements which appear to give himself a good old pat on the back. Let's hope his words are right on the mark, but you know what?????

3. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

Smug.....yeah, reminds me very much of someone else at the club.
    Lee is obviously the Son he always wanted.

4. Reliant Robin TC2

Reliant Robin TC2 Well-Known Member

I know it seems a massive amount to us but in the big scheme of footballing things, its nothing!! I hope he does well in the long run - but we have done quite well recently out of similar buys. When the Premiership produces a situation where a bid of £23 million for Jonny Evans is turned down, we are definitely up **** creek without a paddle as far as transfers are concerned!!!