1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Ownership of FC Bouirnemouth

Discussion in 'Bournemouth' started by saintsalive, Sep 3, 2011.

1. saintsalive

saintsalive Member

Very sad to see Eddie Mitchell making comments like "go and follow Southampton"
    However, he is very much under pressure & you people need to realise that withoput him you would have disappeared some time ago. Selling players is the only way he has held it together - fact.
    Of course, you have a choice. Buy him out if you think you can do so much bettter.
    You are all very good at spending someone elses money

2. Ninj

Ninj Well-Known Member

having heard the Mitchell comment, I am surprised that he didn't say that the previous season was very successful and this put the players in the news and spotlight, and that they earnt a right to play at a higher level. IF the Cherries has earnt promotion I am sure that the players would have stayed. However, telling your fans to go and support your rival is probably the most stupidest thing he could have said. In his defence, Bournemouth would have sunk without his cash and I only hope that Lee Bradbury can get some players in during the loan period. There was also a comment made regarding players salaries and not wanting to break the wage structure of the club.....if I was a player looking for a club to play for ,where, I know I would get opportunites to play, and who would not stand in my way IF an opportunity came to play at a higher level I would put on the Bournemouth shirt.

3. saintsalive

saintsalive Member

Well spoken ninj. Although I am a life long Southampton fan I have a genuine affection for the Cherries. You are a super club. I have no doubt that Eddie Mitchell now regrets his comments but when you are getting insulted - together with your wife & children - by people who couldn't run a raffle, let alone a football club you must start asking yourself why you bother. Good luck for the rest of the season.

4. smhbcfc

smhbcfc Well-Known Member

I was suspicious when Eddie Mitchell was at Dorchester, but to be fair to the bloke he left it in a reasonable financial position. I guess it's not nice when people are having a go at your wife and children??
    While I'm a Bristol City fan, I too like to see the Cherries do well - all the best for the rest of the season.

5. Ninj

Ninj Well-Known Member

Just to clarify, I am a QPR fan that lives nearby to Bournemouth, and go when I ave the time. Work doesn't always allow me to get back to west London.

6. saintsalive

saintsalive Member

Sorry to have to say that Eddie Mitchell is now acting like a terrace hooligan. Whatever the situation the chairman must at least act with a bit of dignity. Despite all he has done, I think his standing with the fans is now beyond repair & he has to go asap.
    But is there anyone out there prepared to take up the reigns?
    Sadly, I can now see Bournemouth falling apart at the seams.

7. Ninj

Ninj Well-Known Member

Sainsalive - I think you're right. I think that Bournemouth may end up for sale but hope that they survive. Bradbury and Fletch deserve an opportunity with Bournemouth. The new players brought in must be wondering what they have let themselves in for, then again, it's still early in the season. If Mitchell puts his hands in is pockets and brings in a couple of loan players and a PR person then maybe this might just plaster over some of the cracks that have started to appear