1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Outcome....

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Spanish Tiger, Sep 27, 2014.

1. Spanish Tiger

Spanish Tiger Member

IMO I think McGregor need s a rest and some serious competition for his place. Last week guilty for the first goal for his near post defending and this week guilty of lack of concentration for 1st and 3rd goals you could see that the way he sat on his haunches after both goals . We had a chance there but couldnt gel properly how much longer does Chester have to sit on the bench before he gets the nod and sorts the back line out .

Saying that I was pleased ( nearly) with the way we adapted at 0-2 and fought back, there is a lot of promiose there just needs building on before its too late.

2. CANADATIGER

CANADATIGER Well-Known Member

McGregor definitely needs to sit out. But Harper's positioning and agility is even worse. That leaves Jakupovic who is definitely agile but error prone. But he may be our best bet right now. We are leaking goals from poor goal keeping.

3. Dr.Stanley O'Google, HCFC

Dr.Stanley O'Google, HCFC Well-Known Member

Both right, but what's the answer?

4. Spanish Tiger

Spanish Tiger Member

Dont Know thats why we are sat where we are and not at the deep end.
    Personally I think we should go back to the solid defensive formation from the last 2 yrs and build from there. the results today havent hurt us too much so lets hope Brucie can finally tell Chester to get his head right and get back out there and solidify the defence.
    Midfield seems to be jelling nicely just still giving the ball away too easily.

Lets all get behind the lads we can still get points on the board from the next few games if they know where we stand and that we are behind them.

5. MadridTiger

MadridTiger Active Member

Apart from the first goal, no one would have saved that. 3rd yes, but he was flat footed. However, silva did run 20 metres unchallenged with the ball....midfield fault so lay off, best we have.

6. mazzer

mazzer Well-Known Member

He may be the best we have, but on present form he is making errors and costing us goals.

7. BrAdY

BrAdY Well-Known Member

1st goal? <laugh> must be taking the piss,

third goal, was a difficult save to make, adrian did the same. not an error, brilliance from dzeko

seems mcgregors the new boo boy, everytime we concede a goal lately, it's this

the blatant error is - lokeren game, but that's not related to specific goal keeping error, that's just a stupid player error

Newcastle yes probably should have saved it but ask any fans of any team and the fans will say so and so should have saved it, heard it about cortious (sp) t'other week

8. Willson

Willson Well-Known Member

First goal? **** right off you pillock, no keeper in the world would ever save that. Third was a typical case of having to cover the near post and then the striker can only score with a perfectly placed effort, which unfortunately Dzeko - what with being a world class striker - managed to do. It's blatantly obvious that none of you moaners have ever stood in between the posts or have any idea about goalkeeping in general.

9. Walter Sobchak

Walter Sobchak Well-Known Member

I think most of us know 'about goalkeeping in general'.

10. Steven Toast

Steven Toast Well-Known Member

Given everybody's reactions after the last three games, I'd be inclined to agree. It's pathetic how he's suddenly become some sort of blame figure for what has been very poor defending and midfield marshalling. He's saving more shots than he's letting in, so you have to ask yourself, how are these players (not just the very good ones for Manchester City, but the average ones at West Ham and Newcastle as well) getting into these positions to trouble the goalkeeper in the first place? The problem isn't the guy between the sticks, it's the people who are supposed to be protecting him.

11. Idi Amin

Idi Amin Well-Known Member

This ^^^^^^^^^

12. mazzer

mazzer Well-Known Member

I have stood in between the posts at a better standard than you most probably and the third goal is down to Mcgregor, Dzeko scuffed the shot and Mcgregor more or less belly flopped in his attempt to stop it.

13. BrAdY

BrAdY Well-Known Member

nice one peter schmeichel

14. Walter Sobchak

Walter Sobchak Well-Known Member

I went in goal for one half once, let 11 goals in, in about 15 minutes. Tbf I hammered a few into my own net as I was annoyed and pissed. I've not played fifa since.

15. mazzer

mazzer Well-Known Member

Dont mention it.