1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The official Takeover / Morning thread

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Nov 21, 2012.

1. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Morning Folks,

Leeds United are still amongst the highest in the country for football related banning orders.In the latest figures released by the home office for the 2011/12 season and up to November 9th, Leeds have 91 fans with banning orders with only Cardiff City (135), Chelsea (112) and Manchester United (98) having more in the top four divisions.

The championship as a whole have the most banning orders with 967 ahead of the Premier League with 952.

In the past twelve months, Leeds have had 17 new banning orders imposed with just Chelsea (28), Manchester United (24), Bradford City (22) and Middlesbrough (19) having more.There were 62 Leeds fans arrested at games with 26 arrests at home games and 36 away.The most common arrests were for public disorder offences (30) and alcohol related offences (24).Overall, across the country football related arrests are down on the previous season by 24%.

http://www.fsf.org.uk/news/Home-Office-arrests-at-football-fall-by-24-per-cent.php

Leeds have recalled Poleon from his loan spell from Bury, suppose that means that we won't be adding to our squad before next year...

THE FA have charged Leeds manager Neil Warnock with improper conduct following comments he made about referee Mark Halsey in the wake of his side’s 1-0 defeat at Millwall at the weekend. Thoughts?

2. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Morning Everyone?

3. Cosmic_LUFC

Cosmic_LUFC Active Member

morning...Di Matteo been sacked as chelsea manager..if warnock was to go would he be a viable option?

4. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

Morning all. Not surprised Poleon has been recalled. We wont be adding to our squad this season except maybe with another useless freebie or two. Even if there was a takeover in January, we'll be near the bottom, unable to attract much and what owner in his right mind would splash a fortune at a time when few good players become available anyway. On a positive side though, as I've posted elsewhere, two years is a long time in football. Examples Newcastle, West Ham in bad places and now reestablished top half premiership teams. Southampton and Norwich, less than 24 months from Div 1 to Premiership. No reason we cant do the same but will need a complete rebuild at Leeds, owner, manager, players, coaching staff the lot. Add to that, a very large wad of spare cash. No harm in dreaming

5. EnochForEngland

EnochForEngland Active Member

Morning everyone. Nice to see Poleon recalled, hopefully he can grab some time on Saturday...
    Quite surprised about Di Matteo, Abromovich doesn't have a clue at times.

6. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

No as we have no money to give him. His wage at Chelsea would have been maybe 2million per year. Doubt if he'd be willing to work for apprentice rates wed be paying. We're not the most attractive prospect at the moment I'd imagine except for maybe desperate out of work managers or players

7. bucks_is_leeds

bucks_is_leeds Jonny big spuds
    Forum Moderator

Morning all, apparently Warnock instructed his players to not shake the refs hand after the Millwall game, so thats what the fine was about.

Di Matteo? I would have him in a heartbeat but it wont happen. <ok>

8. FORZA LEEDS

FORZA LEEDS Well-Known Member

Morning all, I reckon di Matteo will end up at QPR. Knowing our luck we'll end up with Mark Hughes

9. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Bucks I don't rate him and he was lucky to be in the right place at the right time when they chopped ABV. All he did was play the senior players in the positions they preferred, and let them get their power back again. The squad was already strong and allowing them to get on with it was always going to be better than a load of moody senior money grabbers, who didn't want to do it the ABV way. Yes he has a CL title under his belt, but like Zola at Chelsea and then West Ham out of his depth unless he has loads of cash to spend. Zola at Watford has been a joke this season, even though they slapped us, and the money he's had and the Italian players he's brought in ....... Any one of us could have done a similar job as RDM last season with those players

10. BoggersMOT

BoggersMOT Well-Known Member

Morning all. I'd also have Di Matteo in a heartbeat. No danger of it happening though. Apparently Beckham wants one last challenge. Wages aside, would we? For me, certainly. Don't care who he used to play for or the "brand Beckham baggage that would accompany him. He's still a class acti, albeit not as quick as he might once have been.

On Poleon, no real surprise. McCormack is returning from a lay off. Clearly Gray is little more than a squad addition. One wonders why we've got him. And Somma is some way off even a bench place. So we need Poleon back, if nothing else, to ensure we have 5 subs.

Bit silly of Warnock to instruct players not to shake hands with the ref at the end of the game. A tad too childish
    On banning orders, no surprise we've got more than most. We still have more travelling fans than most, as well as a livlier & more vociferous crowd than most.

11. DamnedUnited

DamnedUnited Well-Known Member

Morning all <ok>

Think it's ridiculous that Di Matteo got sacked, apparently a Champions League win isn't enough to buy you more than a third of a season in Abramovich's eyes, but hey. I'd have him any day of the week, but as others have said there's no way we'd afford the wages.

As for Poleon, while I'm glad he's been recalled because we're lacking some serious depth, it does confirm that no one is coming in as far as I can see. Then again, as Eire said we probably don't have a great amount of pull to attract players at the minute anyway.

With regards to the Warnock charge thing, I didn't know about him telling the players not to shake hands with the ref, but I did think even his interview was pretty harsh. It's clear he's frustrated and probably knows he is under pressure, hasn't really been himself in the last few interviews.

12. EnochForEngland

Ken Bates interview on yorkshire radio in 5 minutes

13. EnochForEngland

Another deadline has been missed, confirmed by Salem Patel on his twitter.

14. EnochForEngland

The first part has been completed. Taking over is 100% of club. Completely finished by the 21st of december.

15. EnochForEngland

Ken Bates will be chairman till end of season. Warnock will stay on.

16. EnochForEngland

GFH invested money this morning, hopefully for loan signings

17. EnochForEngland

One member of GFH joining board immediately and 3 more by Christmas

18. bucks_is_leeds

bucks_is_leeds Jonny big spuds
    Forum Moderator

Phil Hay &#8207;@PhilHayYEP
    One member of GFH joining the #lufc board immediately, three joining by Christmas.

32s Phil Hay &#8207;@PhilHayYEP
    Bates says deal was finally struck at 10.30pm last night. #lufc

19. EnochForEngland

Bates thanks fans for support over the years

20. Cosmic_LUFC

Cosmic_LUFC Active Member

Bates to be club president