1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Official Not606 Match Thread: Bolton Wanderers Vs Liverpool.

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by Chris., Jan 20, 2012.

?

What will be the result of Saturday's Premier League game between Bolton & Liverpool?

1. Bolton Win.

2. Draw.

3. Liverpool Win.

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Chris.

Chris. #bringbackchris

Hello and welcome to the official Not606 match thread for Saturday's Barclays Premier League encounter between Bolton Wanderers & Liverpool. The game is to kick off at 5.30PM on Saturday evening and will be shown on ESPN. Build up will begin at 4.30PM. talkSPORT will also have a radio commentary of the game.

Preview.

Let's begin this preview with a look at the form of both Bolton Wanderers & Liverpool. The home side, Bolton Wanderers, have decent form of late. If we take into consideration the F.A Cup, Bolton have two wins, two draws & two defeats from their last six games.

*Most recent game is at the top.

• Bolton Wanderers 2-0 Macclesfield Town. (F.A Cup)
    • Manchester United 3-0 Bolton Wanderers. (League)
    • Macclesfield Town 2-2 Bolton Wanderers. (F.A Cup)
    • Everton 1-2 Bolton Wanderers. (League)
    • Bolton Wanderers 1-1 Wolverhampton Wanderers. (League)
    • Bolton Wanderers 0-2 Newcastle United. (League)

Analysis.

I think we can all agree that Bolton have been poor this season. They need to start picking up results and the recent form seems to suggest that maybe Bolton can start going on a run of consistent points scoring. However, if we take a closer look, we can see that one of the draws and one of wins came against League 2 Macclesfield Town. The other win, Everton away, was a massive three points for Owen Coyle and his side. After going behind to a freak Tim Howard goal, Bolton showed great resolve and goals from ex-Liverpool striker David N'Gog and recently departed Gary Cahill got Bolton a massive three points.

With games against Norwich & Wigan coming up, Bolton will want to try and gain some much needed confidence. With just 4 points from 30 gained at home and Liverpool being better away from home, this game looks set for another frustrating evening for Owen Coyle. But football has a habit of chucking stats like that out of the window...

The away side, Liverpool, have slighty better form. 3 wins, 2 draws and just the one defeat leave Liverpool going into the game with the better form.

*Most recent game is at the top.

• Liverpool 0-0 Stoke. (League)
    • Manchester City 0-1 Liverpool. (Carling Cup Semi-Final First Leg)
    • Liverpool 5-1 Oldham Athletic. (F.A Cup)
    • Manchester City 3-0 Liverpool. (League)
    • Liverpool 3-1 Newcastle United. (League)
    • Liverpool 1-1 Blackburn Rovers. (League)

Analysis.

I think most Liverpool fans would agree that the last six game have been frustrating to say the least. Good wins over Oldham Athletic in the F.A Cup, Newcastle United in the league and Manchester City in the Carling Cup have been balanced out by 3-0 loss at Manchester City in the league and 2 dissapointing draws at home against Blackburn Rovers and Stoke City. It's all if and buts but if Liverpool had been able to win the games at home against Blackburn and Stoke, Liverpool would be only 1 point away from fourth place and a Champions League spot. The Stoke game is the game in which Liverpool fans have been most frustrated with. 5 defenders started the game (Johnson & Enrique pushing further forward) but the move was seen by many Liverpool fans as being too negative. Liverpool failed to create many chances and Stoke went away with a point. This can't happen tomorrow if Liverpool are to pick up the three points.

You can argue that the three points is massive for both Bolton and Liverpool. With Bolton having some difficult games coming up, they will want the three points to help them in their battle against relegation to the Championship. Liverpool will want the three points to keep us in touch with the Champions League places.

It sets it all up for a great game!

The Stats.

We all love a good stat... So here are my favourite stats about tomorrow's game! (Taken from the Liverpool FC website)

Injury News.

Bolton Wanderers.

7 injuries noted.

• Jussi Jasskelainen. (Hip/Thigh Injury)
    • Marcos Alonso. (Ankle/Foot Injury)
    • Ricardo Gardner. (Hip/Thigh Injury)
    • Tyrone Mears. (Broken Leg)
    • Chung-Yong Lee. (Broken Leg)
    • Stuart Holden. (Knee Injury)
    • Sean Davis. (Knee Injury)

Liverpool.

2 injuries noted.

• Jay Spearing. (Hamstring Injury)
    • Lucas Leiva. (ACL Knee Injury)

Injury news taken from http://www.physioroom.com/news/english_premier_league/epl_injury_table.php. Please inform me via a post in this thread if the injury news is inaccurate.

Bolton Wanderers 3 - 1 Liverpool

Goalscorers:

Bolton... Mark Davies: 4th minute.
    Bolton... Nigel Reo-Coker: 29th minute.
    Liverpool... Craig Bellamy: 37th minute.
    Bolton... Gretar Steinsson: 50th minute.

Bolton Wanderers:

Bogdan
    Steinsson
    Knight
    Wheater
    Ricketts
    Petrov
    Reo-Coker
    Davies
    Muamba
    Tuncay
    Kevin Davies

SUBS:

Lynch
    Eagles
    N'Gog
    Pratley
    Boyate
    Riley
    O'Halloran

David N'Gog coming off and Kevin Davies is on: 88th minute.
    Chris Eagles coming off and Tuncay is on: 91st minute.

Liverpool:

Reina
    Johnson
    Skrtel
    Agger
    Enrique
    Henderson
    Gerrard
    Downing
    Bellamy
    Kuyt
    Carroll

SUBS:

Doni
    Kelly
    Carragher
    Coates
    Shelvey
    Adam
    Maxi

Maxi Rodriguez coming off and Dirk Kuyt is on: 64th minute.
    Charlie Adam coming off and Stewart Downing is on: 64th minute.

YNWA.

2. DirtyFrank

DirtyFrank Well-Known Member

Carroll to score first 2-0 Us. Bet done, trying the positive, support, thinking thing.

Onwards & upwards!

3. Sharpe*

Sharpe* Senior Member

Despite our form I've got for a Pool win.

Probably a very boring 0-1. Not fussed who scores.

4. Magic Ted

Magic Ted Talulah

3-0 Carroll hatrick!

5. terrifictraore

terrifictraore Well-Known Member

Had most of my optimism worn away this season but even I think we can and should win this game.

6. DirtyFrank

DirtyFrank Well-Known Member

Oh go on: give it one more optimistic try! It's all part of Kenny's cunning plan: As cunning as a fox who's just been appointed Professor of Cunning at Oxford University....

Ok I've been drinking.....

7. Sharpe*

Sharpe* Senior Member

Black Adder?!!

And yes I've lost any real interest in this season too!

8. terrifictraore

terrifictraore Well-Known Member

Wouldn't go as far as lost interest, just that I wont let myself get hurt anymore:emoticon-0153-broke

9. Eds

Eds Member

#LFC - #BWFC // Cards: 28Y 3R – 32Y 5R // Avg. Possession: 56% - 47% // Avg. Pass Success: 81% - 72% // Aerial Duels Won: 56% - 52%

#LFC - #BWFC (all average per game) // Shots Conceded: 12 – 18 // Shots Blocked: 3 – 5 // Tackles: 19 – 21 // Interceptions: 14 – 19

#LFC - #BWFC (all average per game) // Shots: 18 – 12 // On Target: 5 – 5 // Successful Dribbles: 8 – 6 // Fouls won: 11 – 9

(Goals) #LFC - #BWFC // Open Play: 46% - 48% // Set Piece: 33% - 32% // Own Goals: 13% - 12% // Penalties: 4% - 8% // Counter: 4% - 0%

Teams playing against #LFC have only 42% of their shots inside the box, as opposed to #BWFC’s opponents’ 62%. Pressure.

10. Enricky.

Enricky. Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I went for a draw (don't shoot me down :( ) haha... can just see this as a type of game we have all the possession but somehow **** it up to lose or draw. Let's hope we don't ay!

11. Paulie Gualtieri

Paulie Gualtieri Active Member

way off topic sorry but i need to get it off my chest , i got acworth banned by accident <yikes> i got all his threads bumped to make up the whole page 1 on gc <laugh> and mick thought jonno lost the plot so banned him <grr> join my fight to get acworth un banned

on topic 2-0 tomorrow would be nice anyone to score besides Stevie as we need others stepping up <ok>

12. Chris.

Chris. #bringbackchris

<laugh>

Acworth was a nutter! He posted SO many threads...

13. Rorschach

Rorschach Well-Known Member

i expect nothing other than a win and 3 points

14. Paulie Gualtieri

Paulie Gualtieri Active Member

<laugh> funny but unfair , I really think he's special. No one could keep up the act as long as he has

15. saintKlopp

I don't know how bad it'd have to get for me to lose interest, but it hasn't happened yet.
    Frustrated and disappointed, yes- but I'm always still up for the next game.

16. BCR

BCR Well-Known Member

It's a wrap fellas and ladies........ you can thank me later.

17. Sharpe*

Sharpe* Senior Member

Yeah put nicely! I thought I had achieved that myself after the last few seasons of, what can be called, pain!

But that Stoke game killed me somewhat!

18. Diadora Barnes storm

Easy 3-0 win if bellamy starts, cup game this week so dont know if he'll be saved for that instead.

I think he has to play A) the leagues more important & we have a real chance at closing the gap. Norwich playing well & could possibly take points of a below par chelsea. And very possible that UTD could take points off arsenal, also spurs could lose to city away. So imperative that we get a result.

B) I think City wont put a strong team out for the 2nd leg anyway, again the prem is their priority.

I'm optimistic about the next few weeks.

19. Sharpe*

Sharpe* Senior Member

I think the Carling Cup has priority over this. Two games and we could have silverware which would be a massive boost for all involved.

League games can be pulled back, and lets face we're not up to much and the others are inconsistant too.

20. Manciniiiiiii

Manciniiiiiii Well-Known Member

Going for a 4-1 win, I know it's a little optimistic, but Bolton are *hite and the have just sold there best defender. Going for an Andy Carroll hat-trick too. Just got a hunch.

We must be due a bit of luck, new year, new start.