1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Official Liverpool 5 times European Champions Thread.

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by KingPepeReina., Jun 1, 2011.

1. KingPepeReina.

KingPepeReina. Active Member

Seeing as Man United fans have little or no originality and they have copied our format with their ''Welcome to the Manchester United board'',and their ''Rumours and Transfers thread''.I wonder where they got the idea for that from.Let me guess...The Liverpool board.
    So here is a thread they cannot copy as they haven't achieved it yet.
    The Five times European Champions thread.
    Tell us about your recollections from ''That night in Istanbul''.Where you were,How sick you were at half time,and how you felt when Jerzy ''The big pole in our goal'' Dudek saved from Shevchenko.
    Lets hear from you........

2. BCR

BCR Well-Known Member

I can already see the 19 times perch thread on their side. Istanbul was immense, incredible. Still have this massive Reebok poster with the saying " We are the team with the greatest comeback in Champions league history". Got it at liverpool convention in memphis, where they for a while tried to bring the clubs ideas over. Bad selection. I love Memphis, where I am from and raised, but it is Roundtown ( Basketball). Would have been better going to NJ, Texas, or better yet Southern Cal.

3. Sir_Red

Sir_Red Well-Known Member

KPR, add some SAF quotes to the thread, a few about how he wants united to be up with the European elite like Liverpool and how big clubs win 4 or more times...<ok>

4. KingPepeReina.

I read something once that said ''Rome was built in a day...Milan was destroyed in 7 minutes''.
    Okay quotes.
    ''I hate it when Liverpool win trophies''.Ryan Giggs.
    ''I almost choked when Liverpool won the European Cup''.Wayne Rooney.
    ''Game well and truely over'' Andy Gray.....at half time.
    ''Riise,Gerrard...hello,hello''Clive Tydlesley
    ''10 minutes ago Liverpool were 3-0 down..they have equalised...yes equalised''.Clive Tydlesley.
    ''Its ended...The European Cup is returning to England and to Anfield and this time its for keeps,Liverpool are European Champions''.Clive Tydlesley.
    Here's a quote from the best banner I've seen from Istanbul.
    He put Nedved to bed.
    He kept Eidur down.
    Now Shevchenko can't sleep
    Cos Carra's in town.
    There is also the ''Fab 5'' banner.

5. Jonesey

Jonesey Well-Known Member

We watched the Final up our local pub.

The landlord installed a large screen in the lounge due to the expected overspill - and the entire pub was packed from about 5pm onwards. (A bit different last Saturday :emoticon-0116-evilg)

We rolled a couple of doobs for our after match pleasure, but at half time we thought, screw this - I'm going outside for a smoke.

The rest of course, is history.

6. BringBackfootie

BringBackfootie New Member

I have this crystal clear memory of a chorus of **** off when Liverpool were awarded the penalty to make it 3 3 with AC Milan, a bunch of United supporters shouting at the screen. After their celebrating it was music to my ears I almost wanted to get a mug and collect their tears to make tea later on when I got home.

And the commentators line when we got 1 back. 'With Liverpool you just don't know, 4 minutes later it was 3 3. Magic.

Best Champions League final by a stretch

7. Jonesey

Jonesey Well-Known Member

To be fair, most of the "neutrals" with us that night were all supporting Liverpool.

It was different in 2007, and last Saturday there was a group of at least a dozen or so of us all rooting for Barca

8. Somerset_Scouse

That is quality!

9. KingPepeReina.

This isn't a story from the final..its from the semi final second leg against Chelsea.
    I was away at college I was in the 2nd year of my 4 year business degree at the time.And the pub I was drinking was a pure Liverpool pub,it was where the liverpool supporters club meetings were held.The owner was at Anfield that night,and when the final whistle blew,he rang the pub to give every person in the house a drink.I wasn't passing much remarks and when I went up to order a drink and was about to pay,the barman said ''you're okay..the boss got that''.
    The semi final second leg and final will long live in my memory,the FA Cup final in 2006 comes close but not close enough.However as a Liverpool fan,I'm delighted to have witness things that fans of other clubs will never witness in their lifetimes.
    Greatest Champions league final ever..never to be repeated.
    Greatest ever FA Cup final...unlikely to be repeated.Its what being a Liverpool fan is all about.I hope there is more events that we can witness,but I doubt it if they will top these..okay winning the title may come close.

10. Somerset_Scouse

As much as he annoys me now the 'Michael Owen' final is pretty high up! 2 goals right at the death watching it with 3 arsenal fans, i couldnt have been more smug!

11. KingPepeReina.

The 2001 final?
    I'll tell you a story about that.
    I was in a pub with two Liverpool fans in it(Myself and the barman),I know an arsenal fan that lost £200(Old Irish money) in £20 bets,with 8 minutes to go he was collecting his winnings,and then ''he'' equalised,with 2 minutes to go,the arsenal fan was dreading the thoughts of handing out those £20 notes.It broke the barmans heart to take the money off him.However he did have a smug look on his face.

12. BCR

BCR Well-Known Member

I was away with our team on the road and was constantly nagging our coach ( Steve McAnespie, played for bolton and fulham I believe? Helped raith Rovers to a Cup abck in the day). I thought he was joking when he was reading off the scores as they happened ( Scottish humor, didn't find it funny that day!). Then he flipped out after that Gerrard goal so I knew he was serious.

All in all, I had to watch live text on the road for the 06 final. It wasn't until I got back to see the highlights that I realized what I had missed. Ahh well que sara ya know.

13. KingPepeReina.

The 06 final?
    I was getting teased by a Leeds fan about Alan Pardew being the last English manager to win the FA Cup on the 90 minute mark..they Gerrard 35 yards out...bang.I'm just going to say that he was shut up very quick.

14. BCR

BCR Well-Known Member

Normally I am not for players patting their own backs or pointing to their names on the back of the shirt........but man Gerrard earned that one!!! Didn;t he give the V salute as well? naughty! haha!

15. KingPepeReina.

Going back to the road to Istanbul.
    A centre forward would have been proud of Sami Hyypia's left footed volley against Juventus.As for Luis Garcia,that goal against £32 million worth of goal-keeper.Amazing,he even took the ball over his shoulder.

16. BCR

BCR Well-Known Member

Wasn't Le Tallec the one who played that lofted ball to Garcia?

17. KingPepeReina.

It was.But the way little Luis took it on the volley and blasted it past Buffon,I don't think there is many players that would have tried that...let alone execute it.

18. Chris.

Chris. #bringbackchris

I was pretty young at the time so I can't remember as much as you lot. But i'll tell you what I can remember. I had my Liverpool shirt, scarf and even my Liverpool cup ready for the game. (I'm quite superstitious when it comes to football!) Anyway, when it came to half-time, I was pretty dejected. My dad, who is a Spurs fan, had a pretty smug look on his face. I didn't give up and sat back down for the second half. We got the first goal. And then the second goal. And then the third goal. I couldn't believe it. I was delighted and the look on my dad's face was priceless!

Once we had won it, I went mental. My dad was stunned. He couldn't believe what he saw. I rubbed it in for about a month afterwards and every now and then, i'll remind him!

19. BCR

BCR Well-Known Member

I agree KPR, but the fact Le tallec was on the field.....shocking!

20. KingPepeReina.

Now thats what I call enjoying the unexpected,as most people never expected to witness what we witnessed in the 2nd half.