1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The next 10 years

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by Spurm, May 10, 2011.

1. Spurm

Spurm Well-Known Member

Assuming it will take at least that amount of time for us to sort out the stadium and recover from resulting expenditure would you be happy with the following success in the next 10 years:

League - No CL quals, but say 4-5 Europa qualifications.
    FA Cup - 1 win
    League Cup - 1 win
    Europa - 1 win

Personally i think that would be a decent 10 years for us. Better than most decades we've had since the 60s anyway.
    I think if that were to happen we would have to continue to sell our top-top players (a-la Berbs) and spend a large chunk of the proceeds on new players. Those players would not want to stay for many seasons without CL.

After that, with a new stadium i'd hope for us to push on.

10 years is a long time in football though. Heck, january seems a long time ago at the moment.

2. Tiddler

Tiddler Hoshu-tekina

How are you going to qualify for the Europa when you will be in the Championship in 2013?

There will be a major clear-out this Summer at WHL and the much fabled 'new ground' will be the excuse given when you are not given the money to replace with similar or better players.

Harry has already said he will leave if you have a clear-out too. He knows what is coming and had simply made his excuses in advance of dumping you for England. When he goes, you will replace him with some clueless ex-player, selected purely on emotive grounds and that will be the start of your slippery slope to obscurity.

I hope... :p

3. Mahmoud Ahmadinejad

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad Well-Known Member

Nothing I can do will show Fireball to be a bigger clueless muppet than his post does

4. Tiddler

Tiddler Hoshu-tekina

Time will tell one way or the other as all any of us can do at this stage is speculate.

5. messiaharry

messiaharry Member

That would be a decent decade mate. I know people dont really respect the Europa League but if we were to win it Id be thrilled personally.

6. mjw6150

mjw6150 Member

You could argue that decade is better than the one you've just said! 1 less CL qualification but 3 more trophies!

7. Spurm

Spurm Well-Known Member

I agree. I'd love to win the Europa. Not next year of course. I think i'd rather have a year out and have another crack at CL qualification next year.

I agree, it would be a better decade. However i think we are starting this decade on a much higher level than we started the last one. So i think its fair to expect a better decade this time out. Also, its 2 more trophies than the last decade as we won the league cup in 08 :p

I think to some extent when Harry says that some Spurs fans have too much expectation he is right. We got champs league ONCE and suddenly we expect it again.

SNAAAAAAAAAKE <badger>

8. Spurm

Spurm Well-Known Member

Luke, i never said the club had to have a 10 year plan.
    It purely a hypothetical question, if that happened in the next 10 years would YOU (not you personally as you are not a spurs fan) be happy.
    I'm not really after squad improvement suggestions, that is done to death.

The way i see it, if that happened over 10 years as a SPURS fan i would consider that a good 10 years. I think that puts the relative failure of failing to get back into the CL in perspective.