1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Manager's view

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by Swords Hoopster., Dec 28, 2014.

1. Swords Hoopster.

Swords Hoopster. Well-Known Member

2. sku

sku Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting this up, Swords Hoopster.

Good to get Harry's take on today.

3. Swords Hoopster.

Sku, sometimes he comes across as a real smarmy git that Redknapp. He was grinning half way through that video, trying to deflect blame for everything away from himself.

4. westlondonlalala

westlondonlalala Well-Known Member

Top Top Top player he is - the little boy vargus - it's very hard - they're a top team - it's very hard this time of year - he's a top player - they're a top team

Blah Blah Blah

Give me more money so I can take a % on more loans and signings....

5. Swords Hoopster.

To be fair to him LaLa, it is difficult....

6. sku

sku Well-Known Member

I agree. He always has a certain demeanour. Somewhere between the emotions of helplessness, flippancy, apathy, and disinterest. <laugh>

I read a while ago a post that described his opinions at press conferences as 'double speak'; I took that to mean that he says one thing meaning quite the opposite.

It's oddly endearing....

7. westlondonlalala

And there are some top top teams out there - with good lads...

Swords Hoopster. likes this.
  8. Kilburn

Kilburn Well-Known Member

So, everyone down at the bottom are good teams, we lack pace and require two more strikers, but who's going to loan them out at this point in the season - perhaps Robbie Keane & Jermain Defoe (at a cost) could get the job done and provide us with a few more goals?

9. Queenslander!!

Queenslander!! Well-Known Member

Seriously...STFU about Remy..

EVERYBODY knew he was oing FFS.

If our manager and owner could not se that, then we are seriously F-'d.

Pay the money and get 2 decent strikers then

10. YappyR

YappyR Well-Known Member

I think he means to say these things to see if the current players feel a bit more pressured to want to get play time and not be replaced some new signing coming in. I mean everything he says is all true, dead honest and all that. So yeah, there's more meaning into what he says, what would be more interesting to hear is what he actually tells the boys in the meetings and at the training ground.

11. westlondonlalala

Yappy - from what we hear from interviews with current and past players - he does not attend training sessions and does not speak with the players on an individuals level..... heard the same about him from days at Spurs..

12. YappyR

YappyR Well-Known Member

OK, but what about the dressing room before the matches? Tactical discussions and all that? May be he doesn't really bring players in individually to spank them on the arse with a cricket bat, but surely he must say something to rally the troops, as it were? If he doesn't attend training sessions, does he really expect his assistants to be able to transmit his messages correctly and understand what he wants them all to do? I suppose he does....... and there's the disconnect, eh? :emoticon-0107-sweat

13. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

He doesn't even tell his own coaching staff the starting 11 before match day, so there is no way they can have prepared properly. He 'doesn't do tactics' and thinks 'players win matches, not systems'. Which means we are totally reliant on a bunch of very average, unprepared players who are constantly told how fantastic the opposition is, how 'difficult' everything is, and how much better everything would be with other players at the club, especially those who have chosen to leave.

As far as I can see all Redknapp does is pick the team and turn up at press conferences. Nice way to earn £3m a year.

14. Belfasthoop

Belfasthoop Well-Known Member

This, with bells on.

15. Hoops Eternal

Hoops Eternal Well-Known Member

Do we know all of the above comments are fact, or would just like to believe they are?
    I don't know what Harry does or doesn't do so I can't comment on his daily or match day routines. I also don't always agree with his tactics but to suggest that he is indifferent or doesn't care is a bit strong.
    When he says that any opposition are a "top team" you can't really argue with that comment as they wouldn't be in the Premier League if they weren't.
    I don't blindly accept everything Harry says or does, but it seems that every time we don't win the knives are out.

16. SussexR

SussexR Well-Known Member

I'm convinced that Redknapp simply doesn't do tactics. From the high number of poor displays over the past two years, there is little doubt in my mind that there is minimal team set up and instructions before a game.

The fact that he got us promoted was a minor miracle. Albeit a very welcome one.

17. Queens Park Stranger

Queens Park Stranger Well-Known Member

This with bells on!

18. danishqp

danishqp Well-Known Member

We know he's tired of this game, anyone that has a defence consisting of Hill, Dunne and Ferdinand is one lazy Mother.. We know there is not one scintilla of creativity in that midfield and if you want to include Kranky as the creativity, you are sadly mistaken. Even the frigging water carriers cant even carry the water properly, although will bow down to Karl Henry's performances, which for his ability have been nothing short of miraculous.
    Tactics, there are no frigging tactics!!!! Anyone, and I mean anyone that sees that **** week in week out deserves to be committed (not provided with a medal), even the matches that have been won have in the majority been with us as second best.
    As for everyone being a "top team" in the Premiership - Luckily you must not be watching it - Apart from Chelsea and on occasions M.City, Arsenal and Southampton, it is a shower of regurgitated, over hyped and overpaid ****e.
    As for not blindly accepting everything Harry says or does - **** me you set the bar pretty low don't you fella?

I try not to come on here as supporting QPR today is not easy - As I've always stated, I need things to be done with a modicum of class, battling at the bottom can be done with some class, however, we spend an absolute fortune compared to everyone else down there with little or no thought process to go with it.

I love QPR and always will, have always detested Barton and always will, have never trusted Fernandes, have always thought Redknapp to be an incompetent, Jurassic fool that is only in it for himself and we are heading for an almighty fall in such a manner that the investment poured in (and if you believe it sentiment as well) never deserved .

Oh, and Happy New Year to you all. Keep believing, although in what, I don't know.

19. sku

sku Well-Known Member

Happy New Year danishqp!

20. Hoops Eternal

Hoops Eternal Well-Known Member

Hope you feel better after that rant.

I agree that our defence is not good enough, so who would you have us sign & at what cost?
    I would say that 85-90% of the teams in this league are better than we are, just my opinion.
    No I don't set the bar low, I would dearly love us to win the league or secure a Champion's league spot but I'm realistic enough to know that won't happen.
    I've always thought that love was supposed to be unconditional!

Football is all about opinions, that's what makes it such a great game.

Happy New Year to you too.