1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wednesday 28th October)

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Oct 28, 2020.

1. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

perfect1.jpg
    Good Morning. It's Wednesday 28th October, and here are the latest headlines from Elland Road.

Premier League set to review PPV matches

The Premier League is set to review its stance on pay-per-view matches following a Premier League shareholders' meeting yesterday

With all games taking place behind closed doors due to the Covid 19 epidemic, matches not selected by Sky or BT Sports have been made available at cost price (£14.95). The majority of revenue goes back into Premier League clubs.

Newcastle owner Mike Ashley had called on the Premier League to urgently review its current pay-per-view arrangements. He wants the price drastically reduced, and is suggesting the Government should remove the VAT for supporters who purchase games throughout 2020. He also believes the revenue should be distributed more evenly to the Football League.

The Sports Direct owner went on to say:-

"Why not make it much more accessible at £4.95 per match until Christmas?" Ashley said recently.

"The Government should waive VAT on the pay-per-view matches so that as many of those who are unable to attend matches in person can at least watch their team.

"The profit from the above reduced-price pay-per-view option, I would suggest that 50 per cent would be retained by the Premier League and 50 per cent would go to the football pyramid below.

"As a club, Newcastle United did vote in favour of the pay-per-view proposal, but to be clear, this was because there were no realistic or any viable alternatives put forward to enable supporters to watch matches."

A final decision is expected after the next international break in mid-November.

Have you paid to see any other matches this season? Was it good value for money?

please log in to view this image

U23's set to continue to utilise first team players

Marcelo Bielsa has said he will continue to utilise first team players for Mark Jackson's Under 23 squad.

Bielsa will essentially combined the two squads at Thorp Arch in a bid to help keep his senior players fit during the week and develop the club's young talent in a competitive environment.

He will also continue to use the developmental team for those returning from injury.

Mark Jackson has the enviable task of managing the transition of players between the senior and development ranks whilst working towards replicating Bielsa' playing style.

Bielsa remarked :-

"Whilst there are players that need minutes from the first team, we will continue to work with the Under-23s,"

"From the short time we have been working together I have seen he’s [Mark Jackson] a very capable man. He’s a man who is very highly valued by Adam [Underwood], who is the person in charge of the academy."

Most recently Pablo Hernandez, Ian Poveda, Tyler Roberts, Kiko Casilla, Pascal Struijk and Raphinha were all made available for their Premier League 2 clash with Norwich City which the Whites won 3-0.

What do you miss most about not being able to attend live games?

To many, Elland Road is more than a Sports Stadium; its a way of life. Supporters can travel hundreds of miles, (thousands if coming from abroad) in the rain, sleet, snow or blistering winds to watch their beloved team for 90 minutes.

What do you miss most about not being able to attend games?

2. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Morning all :emoticon-0148-yes:

The U23s this season is going to be a real reserve team like we used to have except for the odd occasion when due to Internationals Bielsa needs U23 players training with the 1st team, which happened a couple of weeks ago against Reading where we got beat because of a weakened team and no subs. Then last week we goi up against league leaders and batter them with a real reserve team.

Was reading somewhere about the Scandinavian supporters club that now has over 7,000 members which is amazing. We know that flights come in from Sweden, Norway for every home game just like Ireland. Massive shame that fans are not at ER to show the new players what being a Leeds player is all about

3. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

Yes Ive paid For Leeds matches and will continue to do so. Need to see every game. Quality was excellent. Two things I miss personally due to covid are foreign holidays and attending Leeds matches. Im missing both terribly but its made easier knowing everyone is in same boat who attended games. Attending is ten fold better than sitting at home watching for me <wah>

Last edited: Oct 28, 2020
  4. Eric Le Merde

Eric Le Merde Well-Known Member

Morning All,

Just watched the U23 against Norwich, men against boys.

5. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Just hearing about the Cuisance performance last night against Man City, and it looks like we dodged a bullet if Leeds fans are to be believed. He looked unfit, strolled around the pitch and and was subbed off late in the game. Maybe Bielsa discovered he has an attitude problem and wouldn't take to getting Bielsafit

Farsleyexile and Irishshako like this.
  6. Norwayleedsforever

Norwayleedsforever Well-Known Member

Morning all:emoticon-0148-yes:

I have been a member of Leeds United Supporters Club of Scandinavia (LUSCOS) for many many year:emoticon-0100-smile And yes we just past 7000 paying members, 7003 to be exact :emoticon-0100-smile And hopefully many more to come :emoticon-0148-yes::emoticon-0100-smile That means we probably have past Tottenham and Arsenal and are now in 3rd:emoticon-0100-smile

7. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

More Scandinavian fans than Bournemouth's total fanbase <laugh>

8. lufctommo

lufctommo Well-Known Member

I think the thing i’ve missed the most about match days is meetting my dad and mates and having a few pints before or occasionally after the game.

Obviously I’d rather watch the match in person but i’ve been reasonably happy watching the TV coverage. It’s everything else about match day that I miss.

9. 1964white

1964white Well-Known Member

I refuse to pay a fiver let alone the current price of £14.95

Be wary folks as I have two friends who paid for the Villa game, one saw the last 20 minutes the other didn't see a minute of the match as their coverage crashed due to problems with Sky TV.

I still insist I've already paid for the home games purchasing my S/T back in February so why should I pay more?

10. milkyboy

milkyboy Well-Known Member

maybe but he’s just been chucked straight in for them before he was ready... he’s started a few league games. No way would he get the same game time without several weeks of murderball if he’d come here. We may well have dodged a bullet but it’s interesting that no foot injury has kept him out. (Though think that was more an underlying injury/weakness that was feared could crop up in the future)

FORZA LEEDS likes this.

11. 1964white

1964white Well-Known Member

The U23 games should be enjoyable this season with half the team consisting of the subs from our matchday squads

Next game up:

This Sunday 1st Nov 1pm - Crystal Palace (H)

FORZA LEEDS and Irishshako like this.
  12. milkyboy

I’d rather you Eire and everyone else was enjoying themselves at the game too - then there might be some atmosphere for those of us watching on the telly.

Eireleeds1 likes this.
  13. Jammy 07

Jammy 07 Well-Known Member

Morning Norway,

As I've never been a member of a supporters Club could you please highlight the benefits & costs of being a member in Scandinavia ?

Cheers <ok>

14. lufctommo

lufctommo Well-Known Member

Yeah the atmosphere is a big part of it which is why i’m not too down about us not being able to play with a limited capacity. A couple of thousand rattling around the ground spread out wouldn’t do it any justice. I’d settle for not seeing a game live this season if it guaranteed full capacity grounds for next season.

15. Norwayleedsforever

Every year, five issues of our member magazine "The Peacock News" are published. Here you get 84 pages filled with articles, interviews, humor, views and flashbacks. As proof that you are a member of LUSCOS, you will receive a specially made membership card after the start of the season.

MAIN MEMBERSHIP
    Main membership costs NOK 295, - (£25.8) pr. Years.

FAMILY MEMBERSHIP
    A main member can have family members lying under their membership. Family membership costs only NOK 30 (£2.6) pr. years and gets its own membership card, but not its own magazine. Just needs to register your cohabitant, wife, husband, children and bonus children in the same household.

UPDATE OF MEMBERSHIP
    LUSCOS uses a solution for member registers from Styreweb. They have a separate portal for updating the membership called GNIST.

Here you get a full overview of relevant activities and messages.
    You can update your information, pay a membership fee and, among other things, post a profile picture.

ACCESS TO GROUP TRIPS
    One to two joint trips to Leeds are arranged under the auspices of LUSCOS each season.

The trip will cover costs such as flights from Oslo, transfer from airport to Leeds, hotel and match ticket, as well as a joint dinner and lunch. Lunch will be arranged with a tour of Elland Road - usually with former players. The tour guide from LUSCOS is with the whole trip and will also guide in Leeds.

A trip cost around £300-400 for singles and £500-700 for couples. Depends on how much has been arranged outside the football match.

AWAY TICKETS
    LUSCOS tries to get its own ticket quotas for one to two away games each season. This will mainly be matches in the London area.

You must be a member of LUSCOS and hold the Leeds United Membership to be able to buy an away ticket via this quota.

In the 2019/2020 season, Leeds United changed the policy for this and LUSCOS will not have access to our own ticket quotas for the time being.

10% DISCOUNT ON JOSIMAR
    Josimar is a monthly magazine about football, where the focus is behind the weekly news updates. The magazine wants to take the reader under the surface, and present the history, culture, sociology of football, as well as the sport's many exciting profiles and stories.

TRAVEL AGENCY AGREEMENT WITH EGENICA
    LUSCOS has an agreement with the travel agency Egencia. This means that LUSCOS's members can use a travel agency on the same terms as a company. This applies to all trips you want to make privately.

DISCOUNT AGREEMENTS IN LEEDS

RED HOT LEEDS
    Upon presentation of the LUSCOS membership card, you get 15% off food at the buffet restaurant Red Hot

MARIOTT HOTEL
    A code that gives special prices on accommodation at Marriott hotels.

CLAYTON HOTEL
    You will get the best price on Clayton including breakfast. Special rates for group bookings.

IBIS STYLES HOTEL
    When group ordering you get the best price on IBIS Styles incl. Breakfast (continental). For individual orders you will get 20% discount on current prices with them.

GOLD MEMBERSHIP CARD
    LUSCOS has a number of gold memberships for loan to LUSCOS members. Permission to use the cards is given per. match after application / request for use.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2020
    FORZA LEEDS, Jammy 07, Gessa and 3 others like this.
  16. milkyboy

... well you did ask Jammy

17. Norwayleedsforever

:emoticon-0102-bigsm:emoticon-0102-bigsm:emoticon-0102-bigsm

18. milkyboy

Seriously, I think the efforts/support we get from aboard is brilliant.

That said £500 a trip? Just an average night out in Norway.

LeedsInHeaven and w.c.dukenfield like this.
  19. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

Also a great deal for us here in supporters club Im a member of. Thanks to the efforts of a couple we get two nights in Ibis styles, match ticket and ferry for a very reasonable price under 200 euros. Added to that, a guaranteed weekends crack with approximately 40 Leeds supporters.

20. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Speaking as the Chairman of the Viking VF Supporters Group Leeds UK I can say our mate is getting a great deal of value for his Leeds fans. I on the other hand and my group of Leeds Viking fans now have a total membership of 2 and seem to get crap deals on flights, and ferry timetable is a bit dismal and takes 3 weeks, both of us have picked up a drink habit and are now fond of rollmops <laugh>

Jammy 07, Eireleeds1 and Gessa like this.