1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wednesday 21st September)

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Sep 21, 2022.

1. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

perfect1.jpg

Good Morning. It's Wednesday 21st September, and here are the latest headlines from Elland Road

Chelsea target Orta for new Sporting Director Role

According to the Telegraph, Chelsea are keen to bring Victor Orta to Stamford Bridge. Blues owner Todd Boehly is desperate for an expert to work alongside new manager Graham Potter in preparations for the January transfer window. Having lost out on RB Salzburg's Christoph Freund (who decided to stay put), Boehly has turned his attention to either Orta or Bayer Leverkusen’s Tim Steidten.

Boehly and Orta were locked in negotiations over the transfer of Raphinha several months ago, and even though the Brazilian ended up at Barcelona, Chelsea's supremo was impressed with Orta's negotiating and man management skills.

Is Victor Orta underrated? Would you like to see him stay at Elland Road, or could this be a blessing in disguise?

please log in to view this image

Cresswell blossoming at Bermondsey

Phil Hay has penned an interesting article in 'The Athletic' regarding Charlie Cresswell. In it, He reveals that the 20yo had multiple Championship offers during the Summer, but, both he and the Club thought the opportunity from Millwall was perfect. Development, growth and experience is what was needed, and Leeds were only too pleased to waive the loan fee as long as Cressy has plenty of game time.

"The Den, as a former Leeds player once put it, is a ground where the more you try to hide, the more the crowd come looking for you. Cresswell had other offers in the summer, other teams asking to sign him on loan, but Millwall looked ideal. There are places where a loanee can tot up minutes in peace. Bermondsey is not one of them."

"If Cresswell’s choice of move felt good to him, it felt good to Leeds and good for his professional growth, too. Sending him out was no clearing of the decks and no indication at all that the defender had run his course at Elland Road."

"Unlike Shackleton, Millwall were offered no chance to sign Cresswell permanently and while Leeds did not demand a loan fee before sending him south, the deal with Gary Rowett’s team will impose penalty clauses if he fails to play as much as Leeds want. There is also a provision for his parent club to recall him in January, though that safety net is for emergencies. The whole point of the transfer was that he stayed at The Den and played."

"Millwall, naturally, have pushed him harder: eight starts, greater exposure in a typically wide-open division and the pressure of trying to give them a sniff of the play-offs. Leeds’ academy was his education. Nine months in London might be his graduation."

Marsch has faith in Kristensen

It's fair to say that Rasmus Kristensen has found it difficult to acclimatise to Premier League football since arriving from Austria in June. At the time, Leeds fans thought that Marsch had uncovered a bargain (£10m), especially after witnessing his physical presence. Standing 6ft 2', and absolutely ripped, most assumed Leeds had bought a no nonsense, combative wrecking machine, who would destroy anyone in his path; sadly nothing could be further from the truth.

Kristensen has frequently been bullied off the ball, gets caught out of position, and his passing (66.8%), is the lowest out of all of Leeds outfield players. Only Illan Meslier (59.5%) has a poorer passing record.

Jesse Marsch has faith in the 25yo, and believes that once he gets out of his comfort zone, and challenges himself, he'll adapt to life in the top flight. With Luke Ayling on the comeback trail, should Leeds reinstate the old guard, or persevere with Kristensen?

“One of the things I said to him was ‘listen, the reason you came here was to get out of your comfort zone and to challenge yourself and to believe you can adapt and grow and get better from the situation,’” “We went through this even a little bit at Salzburg. For me, after two years and this last year in Salzburg, he was probably their best player, their most impactful player.

“He said to me ‘I feel like I was making 10 to 20 impactful moments per match at Salzburg, Champions League, in the league and here, it's hard for me to make one or two or three’. I said ‘yeah, the level's big’ and he agrees.”

2. Jammy 07

Jammy 07 Well-Known Member

Morning all.

It's crucial that Victor Orta stays for the time being as we've already had the upheaval of Marcelo and all his coaching staff leaving just a few months ago. Let's just try and have a season of consolidation and then see where we are next summer.

Interesting fact about Victor is that he actually has his UEFA B coaching badge so he could give Jesse a hand if required.

3. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

Morning all. I’m beginning to like that new Chelsea owner <ok>

4. Irishshako

Irishshako Well-Known Member

You really are taking the Victor Meldrew mantle from Wakey, he better up his game. Morning by the way.:grin:

Eireleeds1 and wakeybreakyheart like this.
  5. wakeybreakyheart

wakeybreakyheart Well-Known Member

He can have orta and lets hope he finds Chelsea a few fat kevs and dan james who can't play football.

Eireleeds1 likes this.
  6. Irishshako

You're back in the game Victor:grin:

wakeybreakyheart and Eireleeds1 like this.
  7. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

He is the master. I am but a student

Irishshako likes this.
  8. NostradEmus

NostradEmus Firpo is Shit

Orta would be harder to replace than most people think.

Cresswell will be Leeds Captain after Cooper.

Rasmus will be fine. He had a slow start at Salzburg too but adjusted well. He's not done THAT bad, just that his mistakes have cost us goals. Koch went through a similar situation when he first arrived. He might have to play 2nd best to Ayling this season.

LeedsRover1, foolee, OLOF and 5 others like this.
  9. FORZA LEEDS

FORZA LEEDS Well-Known Member

Kinky :emoticon-0136-giggl

OLOF, Marcos Barber and Eireleeds1 like this.
  10. wakeybreakyheart

Ah so Grasshopper you are but a student it is true yet you possess knowledge far greater than some.

Eireleeds1 likes this.

11. wakeybreakyheart

I'm more concerned over the outbreaks of cricket violence in Leicester. It will of course get labelled the English disease.

OLOF, Irishshako and FORZA LEEDS like this.
  12. wakeybreakyheart

Bendover wendover.

OLOF and FORZA LEEDS like this.
  13. wakeybreakyheart

I have been resting my arm after an early morning booster jab.

Irishshako likes this.
  14. Irishshako

<laugh>

15. Irishshako

I thought that covid didn't exist:grin:

wakeybreakyheart likes this.
  16. leeds60

leeds60 Well-Known Member

Good Morming to you all from a sunny Bardsey
    Itsbeen mooted that we get Phillips back on loanas he has spent only minutes playing for City
    He wanted to go there so let him sort it outb.Alot of fans said we sold him too cheap well I think we have done extremely well out of the deal,he seems to always injured Let City keep him his replacements are doing a good job

17. Ringo Lion

Ringo Lion Pumpkin

Cresswell started absolutely brilliantly for the first few games, his passing is spot on, then there were a few games where he could had been any central defender and ended up being dropped from the starting line up when Hutchinson returned from injury but now he's injured again Cresswell is a starter again.
    He is definitely improving and learning to correct his mistakes, as I said his passing is spot on but during the game with Coventry his pass went straight to one of their players causing a big groan from the crowd (and a bit of abuse) but straight away he bust a gut to retrieve the ball earning a round of applause.
    Shackleton is doing ok, I like him but there are some who don't rate him so we will see how things pan out over the rest of the season.

18. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Express are now saying if Orta goes to Chelsea he will sign Meslier, Gelhardt, Aaronson and Harrison…… gotta love clickbait

wakeybreakyheart and Irishshako like this.
  19. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

One interesting fact about Orta is that other clubs don't have a bad word to say about him.

Marcos Barber likes this.
  20. milkyboy

milkyboy Well-Known Member

well… except anyone connected to Middlesbrough