1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wednesday 13th October)

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Oct 13, 2021.

1. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

perfect1.jpg
    Good Morning. It's Wednesday 13th October, and here are the latest headlines from Elland Road

Jimmy Savile chants need to stop - Hay

Former radio and kids TV presenter Jimmy Savile died 10 years ago this month, and although the eccentric larger than life character raised 40m for good causes, he was harbouring a dark secret that would only come to light after his death. Whilst will never truly know the extent of his deprived actions, his memory lives on for the wrong reasons.

Football fans are generally not known for their tact; if they can find a way to insult one another they will. Leeds fans receive their fair share of abuse; whether relating to the murders of Chris Loftus and Kevin Speight, association with Savile or similar. Some Leeds fans actually dress up as Savile, just to get a reaction!

Phil Hay believes the football authorities should take action to stamp it out!

"I wrote about this when I was at the Yorkshire Evening Post (and I should have addressed it earlier than I did). They’ve gone on far too long and it’s disappointing to hear the chants again because they did seem to be dying out in the Championship. It’s not just an issue for Leeds. You’ve got other fanbases singing about him too and it seems odd to me that the authorities pay no attention to it. Easier to turn a blind eye, I suppose. But it does need to stop. Likewise chants about Istanbul and Munich".

Is Hay right? Does this need addressing, or is it harmless banter you'll always get on the terraces? Millions of people spend hundreds of pounds each week following their club, surely if they are not breaking any laws, they should be able to let off steam on a Saturday afternoon!

What about families though? Young and old should be able to attend games, without fear of rowdy behaviour or inexplicable language!

Where do you stand?

opy.jpg
    Shackleton deserves more game time - Hay

If there was one player at Elland Road that deserves more game time, its Jamie Shackleton. That is the opinion of Leeds Utd journalist Phil Hay He went on to say that the 22 yo 'creases in his game would no doubt be ironed out by an extended run of starts'.

According to Hay:-

"Jamie Shackleton is at a pivotal stage of his career. He has been on the scene throughout Marcelo Bielsa’s time as manager but he is 22, this is his fourth season as a first-team player and his league starts are only just into double figures. He has appeared from the bench countless times but it sometimes feels as if he is forever trapped on the fringes".

"Injuries haven’t helped him and neither has the consistency of Bielsa’s team. Even allowing for a slow start this season, Leeds’ starting line-up has been incredibly difficult to break into when everyone is fit and, after 149 games in charge, Bielsa has a win ratio of 51 per cent. On that basis, it is difficult to argue with his selection policy".

"Shackleton, though, is one of the most energetic runners in the squad, a brave and adaptable footballer who would prefer to play in the centre of midfield but has done good turns for Bielsa at right-back, particularly in the club’s last match against Watford. His touch is sound, he can pick a pass, he has excellent stamina".

please log in to view this image

England missed Phillips influence

If there was ever a need to demonstrate how influential Kalvin Phillips performances have been for the three Lions, last night's 1-1 draw against Hungary at Wembley Stadium was the perfect example. The Yorkshire Pirlo was sidelined from International duty with a minor calf strain; and missed the matches against Andorra and Hungary.

Following their 5-0 demolition of European minnows Andorra, many were excited to see a midfield trio of Rice, Foden and Mount together for the first time. Unfortunately though, they lacked the strength and defensive dominance Phillips brings to the table, as England found out last night. Had the visitors been more ruthless up front, they could have embarrassed Gareth Southgate's men!

Be careful what you wish for!

please log in to view this image

bucks_is_leeds likes this.
  2. DirtyLeeds

DirtyLeeds Well-Known Member

Morning all.

I don't think you'll ever be able to ban chants and banter at football. It's six of one and half a dozen of the other. We don't like chants about Istanbul, but still sing about Munich.

Great response to the Watford fans last time out though.

Watford fans - ":emoticon-0159-musicHe's one of your own, he's one of your own, Jimmy Saville he's one of your own:emoticon-0159-music"

Leeds fans - ":emoticon-0159-musicHe shagged Elton John, he shagged Elton John, Jimmy Saville he shagged Elton John:emoticon-0159-music".

3. hemase

hemase Well-Known Member

Morning all,

Amazing flip flopping from Lee Dixon last night on commentary.

7th minute "this is without a doubt England's best starting eleven. We've all wanted to see more attacking players and Foden & Mount is what we need to put these to the sword."

18th minute. "Rice getting frustrated there as the two guys next to him are not helping out and he's having to do the work of two men."

I hope all the no nothings who complain about being too defensive now realise why Southgate plays that way.
    Grealish, Foden & Mount are too lightweight to have all three on the pitch at the same time. Don't work hard enough to get back and do not offer the same cover Phillips does.

Gessa, bucks_is_leeds, ristac and 2 others like this.
  4. Jammy 07

Jammy 07 Well-Known Member

Or maybe it will work better with Phillips playing instead of Rice ?

Kalvin doesn't need anyone to hold his hand when he plays for Leeds.

ristac and hemase like this.
  5. Infidel

Infidel Well-Known Member

England were shown up for what they are.......... just mediocre national football team.
    Southgates interview at the end was dire and very much what the FA puppeteers like to hear, Why pick Kane and Sterling !! they are not playing well for there clubs, but they are good enough for the national team?
    Rice was like a rabbit in the headlights, really panicked at times.
    Mings is not England class so why pick him?
    One player who is getting away with his performances is Pickford, just wait till we play a good side and he gets put under pressure.
    It saddens me to say but Grealish was playing well, so yes Southgate good plan and take him off and replace him with Sako, what a fkg joke he is.
    We shall qualify BUT dont expect anything from this lot, or should i say, from that lot that he sets up to play.

Doc and Jammy 07 like this.
  6. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Morning all

Jimmy Saville - I’d like the chants to stop, what he did to children and the vulnerable was on another level, the bloke was evil there must be hundreds of individuals affected by his abuse and we should think of them but….

Try and ban it and you’re on tricky ground and you just know fans will rebel. It would be nice if people just felt it was wrong, thought of others and stopped on their own accord but we don’t live in that kind of world.

Leeds fans took time in seeing the importance of KP now we need to wait for England fans to do the same

Aski, ellandback, Jammy 07 and 2 others like this.
  7. hemase

hemase Well-Known Member

Danny Mills was once again talking out of his treat end this morning on talkshite.
    Apparently England have no player who can play the Pirlo role. We have no one who can control the tempo and is the player we can start the play with and pass it from the back through.
    Has he never seen Phillips play for England or Leeds? Another pundit stealing a living

ristac, Jammy 07 and Infidel like this.
  8. Infidel

Infidel Well-Known Member

Oh i nearly forgot!!!
    What was it with that ex England Black footballer they had on the panel last night? she stated that Kane is struggling, and went on to state there should have been more opportunities given to players like, Watkins, Abrahams, Calvin Lewin...... any common denominator there? racist bitch........fed up of seeing and hearing it all now tbh.

9. hemase

hemase Well-Known Member

Is the common denominator that they are the best best available/fit English forwards?

10. Ringo Lion

Ringo Lion Pumpkin

Well Abrahams was a waste of time and space, I bet the former England Lionesses manager(Mark Sampson) loves seeing the lying racist giving her 'expert' views on a game she knows **** all about.

Doc and Infidel like this.

11. Irishshako

Irishshako Well-Known Member

Phil Hay should stick to football. I had a run in with him ages ago about the chanting. Of course Saville was a sick bastard, but football is so woke and sanitised now that it's getting embarrassing. It's certainley not the game I grew up watching and loving. It's bad enough that you can't tackle aggressivly anymore, but we have refs who don't ref and rely on a computer system for decisions and those decisions are still wrong sometimes. FFS why not ban singing and chanting altogether. If people are offended(seems like anything offends nowadays) **** off and stay at home or wear earmuffs which drown out those nasty chants. The whole point of chanting is to wind up the oppo fans and to create an atmosphere. He should concentrate on his club Hearts whose fans sing secterian songs. <grr>

Doc, Infidel, southernwhite and 5 others like this.
  12. Ringo Lion

Ringo Lion Pumpkin

Spot on Shako, as a kid I laughed my head off at some of the comments/abuse dished out to the opposition,ref,linesman,opposing fans and the goalkeeper always got the worse of it.
    A lot of it was vicious and near the knuckle but that was the whole point to put them off their game and get a reaction from the opposing fans, very few times when I've received abuse or worse have I felt the need to complain about it, in fact I quite enjoyed it<cheers>

Irishshako, FORZA LEEDS and OLOF like this.
  13. FORZA LEEDS

FORZA LEEDS Well-Known Member

So by that Ringo I take it you have complained now and again <diva> who were they and what did those nasty people say? <laugh> <whistle>

Ringo Lion and Irishshako like this.
  14. OLOF

OLOF Well-Known Member

It's the snowflake woke world we live in now, people are looking for things to be upset about some of the hurty name calling is schoolyard bollox, watching John Stones last night being interviewed struggling trying to remember the clichéd crap woke ****e about how upset they are was laughable, they need to grow a ****ing pair and man up.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2021
  15. FORZA LEEDS

If I was on £3m a year you could call me whatever the **** you like. In fact fill yer boots <ok>

16. OLOF

OLOF Well-Known Member

Some nasty **** called him a Yorkshireman,<yikes> there's some bastards about:emoticon-0105-wink:
    Nothing wrong with Yorkshire folk mind:emoticon-0148-yes:

17. OLOF

OLOF Well-Known Member

You gay scum fan;)

18. FORZA LEEDS

I’m not on £3m a year <wah>

19. FORZA LEEDS

Nor am I a **** stabber or a scum fan I might add :biggrin:

Marcos Barber, Irishshako and OLOF like this.
  20. OLOF

OLOF Well-Known Member

My apologies Forza, that was ****ing low, if you were on 10m a year you don't deserve to be called a mincing scum fan, report me, im a ****:(