1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wed 24th Apr)

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Apr 24, 2019.

1. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Good Morning Everyone

Carlos Corberan's under 23's crashed out of the Premier League Cup yesterday at the semi final stage at the hands of Newcastle Utd.

Two goals in four minutes early in the second half, courtesy of a penalty and a loose back pass from Hassanyeh effectively killed the tie off for the Whites.

To rub salt into the wound, the Barcodes added a third in the closing stages!

This was the third time this season that the teams had met with honours even up until yesterday!

It looks like Bielsa rested Phillips, in favour of recalling Forshaw just so Phillips could play in the U23's semi final!

Had Phillips played on Saturday, would you have expected a different result?

Following the Brentford debacle, Noel Whelan was very quick to point the finger IN Pontus Jansson's direction.

Speaking to the YEP, Whelan said “The defence has been all over the place and Jansson, he’s been part of the problem.”

“Suddenly, we look disjointed and vulnerable,”

“Jansson was wrong side and ball watching for the second Wigan goal and for Maupay’s goal.

“It was schoolboy defending. Liam Cooper was a massive miss against Wigan but he played against Brentford and his return didn’t have the effect everyone would have hoped.”

Agree?

2. Ringo Lion

Ringo Lion Pumpkin

From a outside perspective my opinion of Jansson is he has appointed himself as 'Mr Leeds' and has deserted his defensive duties to go forward to lead the line, leaving you vulnerable at the back, going back to the game at the Den in September Jansson held the defence together and Saiz pulled the strings in midfield, Saiz has gone and Jansson has gone missing costing you a automatic promotion place.
    The body language of Bielsa at the end of the game on Monday looked like he was going to jack it in anytime soon.

3. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Morning all :emoticon-0148-yes:

The U23s were disrupted last night by having so many first teamers in. The first half was all Leeds and 0-0 then Phillips etc was replaced and the wheels came off and we were at sixes and sevens. Phillips was only played to keep him match sharp after sitting the Brentford game out. The U23s have been excellent and to be a PDL2 team taking on premier league academies is awesome and getting to the last 4 <applause><applause> First defeat in 11 games, but now onto the semis of the North South play offs.

Still lots of doom and gloom out there and I feel exactly the same. We can all come up with what Bielsa did wrong in team selection, subs, tactics but a waste of time as none of knows the mind of Bielsa and we wouldn't have a clue so lets just chill and try and be positive. Play offs back in August would have given everyone the horn and we pissed it.

Irishshako, FORZA LEEDS and leeds60 like this.
  4. leeds60

leeds60 Well-Known Member

Good morning to Matt and co from a hazy Bardsey
    Well whatever happens the lads have entertained us this season and we must n ot forget that
    My luck seems to be as good as my teams I went to Harrogate hospital yesterday with my ear that's been bothering me to be told I had skin cancer so something else to look forward too!
    Old age is no fun so I need the lads to cheer me up now
    Be avery interesting summer window I think AR will sell out and hopefully to someone with real money the fans deserve nothing less

davy, Irishshako and ellandback like this.
  5. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Morning all..

Sorry to hear your news Mike, I hope all goes well with that one.

With regards to Phillips being kept match sharp I don’t buy into it myself. One game missed on a Monday when you played on the Friday and have another game this coming weekend, Shackleton never featured, Roofe never featured both have had very little game time, something doesn’t seem right.

JonnyLosAngeles and leeds60 like this.
  6. 2 pennth

2 pennth Well-Known Member

Morning all.
    Hope everything goes ok for you 60, your right it's no fun getting older.
    If we don't go up and Bielsa leaves then I will think he is running away with the job half done.
    Same applies to Radz, but then again if your skint no option.

7. Leedsoflondon

Leedsoflondon Well-Known Member

All the best 60, hope all goes well. Also puts our whinging about only being in the playoffs into perspective.

8. 1964white

1964white Well-Known Member

Phillips

I love Kalvin, one of the major pluses of the season however I don't think his inclusion in the team would have made much difference as there were too many players sadly out of form

Jansson

Big admirer of Pontus but he was really poor v Wigan & Brentford, shame as this was a period when our experienced players needed to stand up to the plate

Irishshako likes this.
  9. 1964white

1964white Well-Known Member

If that's the case shame we place more importance on winning a U23's semi-final than going for automatic promotion to the premiership, surely not !

lifecheshirewhite likes this.
  10. southernwhite

southernwhite Well-Known Member

Morning all
    It's now wednesday & still gutted :(

wakeybreakyheart and 2 pennth like this.

11. 2 pennth

Just wait until Saturday you could well be double gutted. :emoticon-0106-cryin

12. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Hi Mike, really sorry to hear about the skin cancer. Ensure you get treatment very quickly.

13. lifecheshirewhite

With regards Jannson and the Brentford goal,the way we play is the full backs need to get forward,but Alioski had gone off injured.
    When they scored we had 3 back,Jannson,Cooper and Ayling and they had one attacker,now Jannson had moved forward but still left Cooper and Ayling to deal with Mopay,shouldn't have been a problem unless you leave a big gap for him to run through like we did.

14. southernwhite

southernwhite Well-Known Member

<wah> Your not helping.

15. 2 pennth

Job’s Comforter that’s me <sorry>

16. Leedsoflondon

Leedsoflondon Well-Known Member

Not really, we will be in the playoffs so will be just as gutted or a miracle will have happened (by the end of the season, mind you Ipswich are not the team I would want to need to help provide it).

FORZA LEEDS likes this.
  17. Irishshako

Irishshako Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear that Leeds60, you're a fighter, so hope this will be another battle you'll win..<ok>

davy and ristac like this.
  18. 2 pennth

Think positive
    We win one and draw one
    Blades loose next 2 and we are in auto’s
    Simples

southernwhite and ristac like this.
  19. Irishshako

Irishshako Well-Known Member

So are you disagreeing with our ex professional footballer, Noel Whelan:undecided:

lifecheshirewhite likes this.
  20. lifecheshirewhite

Yes,he didn't get sent to Coventry because he knew what he was on about.;)

Irishshako likes this.