1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wed 20th Feb)

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Feb 20, 2019.

1. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Good Morning Everyone

Berardi, Dallas and Brown are all fit for selection for Saturday's crunch tie at Elland Road against Bolton.

This will be the start of a busy six days which will see a midweek visit to Loftus road and a Promotion six pointer against West Brom a week next Friday!

Out of these three games, how many points are needed?

Talksport journalist Ian 'the Moose' Abrahams has been on the wind up again regarding Spygate.

Talking on Ray Stubbs show, the Chunky monkey blubbery buffoon was quoted as saying :-

“I’m unhappy they only got a £200k fine. I appreciate they didn’t break a rule but they’re going to have to introduce a new rule now,” Abrahams said.

“I think they can count themselves lucky at only getting off with a fine, a hefty fine at that. Can you imagine if I came through and looked through your curtains with binoculars?

“That’s exactly what Leeds did to try and get an advantage in the Championship. That’s what they did with the man with the wire cutters and the tracksuit.

“I would have wanted to make sure that no one else would do it and I would have gone with a points deduction. How many do you take off? If you only take five or 10 points off the clubs Leeds have beaten will be wanting the points back.

“His excuse that he’s done it before is lame. Etiquette is different around the world

Former Leeds player, and fellow pundit Micky Gray leapt to Leeds defence saying:-

“I think it’s wrong they’ve been fined,” he added. “Now that there’s a rule in place, if they go on and break the rules, a fine and then a points deduction would be okay.

“No other manager would have done what Bielsa did, coming out in front of the public and explaining himself. He did nothing wrong. The rule doesn’t make any sense. He’s done nothing wrong.

Will Huffer has returned to Elland Road following his 28 day loan spell with Barnet.

He conceded 5 times in three appearances, three of them against Brentford in the Cup!

Last edited: Feb 20, 2019
  2. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Morning all..

I find it strange that Izzy Brown needs 6 games to regain match fitness yet Berardi can play 75 minutes in total and be considered fit for selection, I’d be amazed if he was ready yet.

The Moose Guy is either on the wind up to boost listening figures and create interest or he just stands in the long line of Leeds haters, best way to stick two fingers up is secure promotion.

Six games, if we beat West Brom I’d like to win at leat another 3 making 4 wins in 6 you can’t help feel the next 6 are going to define autos or play off.

Strange thing is we’d have all taken the play off places at the start of the season, now if we don’t make the automatic places it will feel like we’ve failed and disappointment will sweep through

Doc likes this.
  3. Eric Le Merde

Eric Le Merde Well-Known Member

Morning All,

The best way to deal with attention seekers is not give them any and Abrahams is an attention seeker.

Ell unless I've missed something it's 3 matches in six days not six!! 9 points would be good but I would perhaps settle for 7?

Eireleeds1 likes this.
  4. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

I stopped listening to that radio station, simples.

I think we need to win the next 3 games and the WBA should send out a marker and will also show us pull away from them.

Berardi and Dallas will be in the squad and hopefully we will see Douglas out on Friday night for the U23s. I expect to see Brown on the bench too. Izzy Brown will either turn out to be the most pointless loan deal the club has ever done or an exceptional bit of foresight. Up to now it would seem Bielsa doesn't fancy him, but he did say a while ago that Brown was the stand-in for Saiz and can also play up front. We dont have saiz now and we dont have Roofe, so would seem to be an ideal time to try him? If Brown doesnt get a game soon we will know he isn't someone Bielsa fancies now. Brown has scored 6 goals for the U23s and looks bored. I wonder?

Oh and for those who like statistics did you know that Leeds Utd have created 44 more scoring chances than any other team in the Championship but have a woeful conversion ratio. Just think if a few more had gone in, we wouldn't be worrying about the next games....

5. wakeybreakyheart

wakeybreakyheart Well-Known Member

Good morning all i for one did not want play offs. Autos only will do for me and i want at least 14 points from next six games. We can beat west brom and sheff utd plus a draw at brizzle. Time for this squad to show some intent.

6. 2 pennth

2 pennth Well-Known Member

Morning all.
    How thick can some people be. Would you believe Abrahams has a pair of binoculars that can look through curtains. I just wish some people would engage the brain before opening their mouth.

7. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Difficult for Moose though as every time he opens his mouth a pie goes in

2 pennth likes this.
  8. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

Morning all. Other three promotion contenders are showing they are well up for the battle. If were serious contenders, Bolton is a must win, Im not looking beyond that yet. A win in that one and were guaranteed to open up a little more daylight with wba and sheffield meeting. As for the various pundits opinions, I couldnt care less. Its done and the 200k will probably mean two less signings in the summer thats all

9. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

On the Huffer front they wanted him to stay for the rest of the season but kamil Miazek Utd his finger in the U23 warm up the other day, so has returned to the club.

10. 2020VisionofLeeds

2020VisionofLeeds Well-Known Member

The problem with these Z list football pundits is they have to say something eye catching or their access to appearance fees will be cut off. He had a result here as we are bothering to comment.

11. 2 pennth

Only two less, I would have thought at least 4 and then only having got rid of some of the dross.

Eireleeds1 likes this.
  12. leeds60

leeds60 Well-Known Member

Good Morning to Matt and co from a dull Seacroft
    I WAS GUTTED LAST NIGHT WHEN MOE TOLD ME that WBA HAD SCORED IN THE 94 MINUTE
    It makes a really mighty scrap between 4 clubsI hope we are one of them!
    The other 3 clubs are scoring for fun whilst we are just getting over the line this needs to be addressed Brown and Bamford have to step up to 6the plate
    I was really excited when we signed Izzie so lets hope he comes good now
    Pleased to hear Seaman state he really hoped Leeds could get promotion at least some stars support us
    Still no news from Open Reach but I found there offices yesterday so lets hope I did some good

13. w.c.dukenfield

w.c.dukenfield Well-Known Member

Morning all. I'm surprised at your confidence wakey considering all the crap players we have.

Whitejock likes this.
  14. wakeybreakyheart

My last comment says it all so lets see.

15. wakeybreakyheart

To further add where does my post exhude confidence <laugh><laugh>

16. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Just listened this weeks YeP podcast with Phil Hay and one thing that battered me between the ears was something he said about Bielsa.

He believes that if we win promotion Bielsa will stay for at least another season. If we fail he will leave. He cites the EFL fine over spygate, the way some in the Championship have disrespected him

Now I hope Phil is wrong but it's a worry because if he leaves we may see us going backwards as a club and we may see Radz look to get out

17. w.c.dukenfield

w.c.dukenfield Well-Known Member

You wrote it read it.

18. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

I wouldnt really be surprised at any of that Doc. Ive always felt this seasons efforts would be a **** or bust effort. Promotion and we could become a top eight Plastic League club quickly, fail and sink to a mid table championship team for who knows how long again. Also think Radz may look to get out in either scenario. Hasnt the financial clout

19. 1964white

1964white Well-Known Member

Always liked Michael Gray as a footballer, one of our best loan signings

As for Talksport I never listen to their station due to the likes of Moose/Collymore/etc

Good to have Berardi, Dallas & Brown on the bench although if Izzy fails to regain the form we know he is capable of our attacking options will be even more light-weight especially with Roofe & Clarke on the sidelines.

3 points v Bolton is a must
    Hopefully we can at least gain a point down at Loftus Road, 3 points would make our position much more comfortable.
    We mustn't lose the West Brom game.

5 or 6 points not a disaster, 7 points would be good, over the moon if we acquired all 9 points in our next three games

20. 2 pennth

That dots the I's and crosses the T's as far as my thinking goes as well.

Eireleeds1 and southernwhite like this.