1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wed 17th Oct)

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Oct 17, 2018.

1. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Good Morning Everyone

Leeds are expected to bring close to 7000 fans to Ewood Park on Saturday for their lunch time kick off against Blackburn Rovers.

Has Bielsa's standards fallen short with the loan players that arrived in the Summer?

Blackman and Baker have barely kicked a ball, Harrison blows hot and cold and Brown is still returning from injury.

Am I being harsh?

Don't get me wrong, what El Loco has managed to get out of last season's rejects is incredible but how much of it was Leeds players under achieving?

Marcus Antonsson has scored five goals in eight league starts for Malmo.

The 27-year-old is also being entrusted to lead the line in the Europa League, having netted in both of their qualifying matches to help the club reach the group stages.

Did we let him go too soon?

Farsleyexile likes this.
  2. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Morning all...

I’d rather it be loan players who are going back at the end of the season underperforming than our own. I don’t think they are bad, they just don’t shine, they don’t stand head and shoulders above what we have which is a good thing I guess?

In regards to Antonsson I guess the question is how many goals would our own strikers have playing in that team? With whoever plays up front for us it is more about the pace, movement, closing down and the space they create for others. I’m happy we have Roofe and Bamford.

It’s been a pretty boring two weeks football wise, looking forward to Saturday’s game as long as we have at least Roofe and Hernandez back and I’d imagine Izzy Brown should be ready by now too.

FORZA LEEDS and Gessa like this.
  3. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Morning all :emoticon-0148-yes:

Antonnson is a strange one because he came to us with a very good reputation. He was a slow starter when he landed and then Monk froze him out even when he needed someone. Then into pre-season under Thomas and he started every game and the eye opener for me was that he was on the end of everything but didnt score? Hie was awesome except for scoring, but the likes of Ekuban got the nod. He went out on loan and quickly got Blackburn's season going scoring 8 goals in 10 games but then got injured and was out for a while and then played a bit part once he got himself fit again. Mowbray wanted to buy him from us but Marcus decided to go home, pity.

Roberts getting mixed reviews for his performance last night, but on the whole the reviews are positive and he seems to have done well filling Bale's boots.

Jack Clarke was wanted by Man City it seems but the kid wanted Leeds and a bright future awaits.

Pontus played the full 90 last night for Sweden and his wife still hasn't dropped, so will he be back to play against Blackburn? I wonder

I see Jordan Hugill's still not scored, and to think our previous manager wanted to spend £8m on him.

I think our loan players will all be firing when we need them:
    • Blackman will get a chance and I think he will keep BPF out once he moves between the sticks but I expect something to happen in the Summer because Myazek will move to the first team squad.
    • Baker needs a run and a role which really means Forshaw and Klich need to have bad games, but do we know what Baker's best role is?
    • Brown will be brilliant after Xmas and at a time when we most need a hand
    • Harrison is in and out and after a couple of promising games and a goal, he seems to have gone off the boil a bit. He has however said he wants his future to be at Leeds and not Man City and he is highly regarded by Pep, so lets see him sort it out.

Farsleyexile, ristac and leeds60 like this.
  4. Gessa

Gessa Well-Known Member

Morning All.

Not harsh at all Matt, non have impressed, is Harrison any better than Clarke? who should be given a chance ahead of him imo.

Antonsson, like Antenuci, good players at the club at the wrong time being asked to play out of position by ****e managers.
    I think Antennuci would thrive under Belisa and his system.

The-Don, 1964white, ristac and 4 others like this.
  5. Eric Le Merde

Eric Le Merde Well-Known Member

Evening all,

Apparently Leeds have been given another 850 tickets to sell so it could be more like 7500 at the match. Don't forget the train strike ? if you are going by train

ellandback likes this.
  6. milkyboy

milkyboy Well-Known Member

I think baker has looked good when he’s come on, but it’s a competitive position in our squad.

Harrison clearly has talent but not yet the decision making ability. Wingers tend to blow hot and cold regardless.

Blackman? Well we’ve barely seen him. Bpf has made a few mistakes but so has Blackman on the rare occasions he’s worn the shirt. Ultimately though bpf is better with his feet and I think that’s why it’s his shirt to lose as he suits the bielsa game.

Brown, is a genuine talent but we won’t see him til January apparently and who knows what the injury will have done to him.

FollowMe&LeedsUnited and ristac like this.
  7. southernwhite

southernwhite Well-Known Member

Good morning all
    Roll on saturday
    Agree with Gessa about Antenuci,would be one hell of a player under Bielsa's set up,fast, tricky & bright.
    As everyone else looking faward to having roofe back,not sure about Bamford to me hasn't done a lot so far,but possibly early days.about Marcus Antonsson another one who didn't set Elland Rd alight so no don't think we let him go to soon,scoring goals in a two bit swedish league is a bit different than scoring for fun in the championship.Would also like to see the young lad clarke given a proper run in the first team,to me he does look one hell of a prospect,anyway once again roll on saturday 2-0 Leeds.

8. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

Morning Ristac and all. Izzy will not be ready till January. He said so himself. Can see the others returning as subs against Blackburn. Just hope Pablo can stay injury free for rest of season now or at least most of it. Easily the most creative player we have

ristac and Doc like this.
  9. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

As I mentioned yesterday Bielsa went to watch Justin James play for Luton against Barnsley, wonder what he's thinking. Remember any new player coming in will take a while to learn Bielsaball and even izzy Brown will have to do that when he's able to play. We have Berardi, Ayling and maybe Shackelton on that side right now?

The-Don likes this.
  10. leeds60

leeds60 Well-Known Member

Good Morning to the sheriff and his band from a cool Bardsey
    What will the ban on Pontus be for being brutally honest but we all know that there is corruption greed and every other vice in the FA with a law for one and a different law for another
    How come Taylor receives exhorbitant wages listening speak he sounds to me a man of no conviction other than getting as much out of the gravy train as possible
    Tyler Roberts apparently played well last night but I think he will either play on the flanks or sub on Sat because Roofe will be back
    I think that Baker had his best game against Brentford and with luck would have scored

11. Eric Le Merde

Eric Le Merde Well-Known Member

Report on Tylers performance

Tyler Roberts 6

Another tireless effort as he ploughed a lone furrow against Ireland's big and bruising centre-backs, but never stopped running and always gave his midfield options. Only 19, he's another with a huge future ahead.

leeds60 likes this.
  12. wf10white

wf10white Well-Known Member

Morning all

13. Eireleeds1

I watched the last 30 minutes purely to see how Roberts got on and thats a fair assessment

14. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

So did we sign Izzy whilst he was injured or he got injured on the training field? I just assumed we’d signed him and he was going to take 4-6 weeks to get up to the speed of things and style we play?

15. 1964white

1964white Well-Known Member

Good afternoon Matt

I'll be one of them
    please log in to view this image

No your not being harsh Matt
    NO! simple fact is Antonsson wasn't up to championship level, a type of player who fits in well at a club like Malmo

Leedsoflondon and southernwhite like this.
  16. leeds60

Antonsson was not up for this uncompromising league

17. Eireleeds1

We signed him while injured in the hope hed be a useful addition when fit if he gets back to his former best. Thats the reason we dont have to pay anything until he figures in the first team. If?

ristac and wakeybreakyheart like this.
  18. leeds60

I see Oliver Burke is being sold by WBA a great addition if we could remove his blinkers!I wonder what fee would they want

19. lifecheshirewhite

All sold now.7700

Last edited: Oct 17, 2018
  20. southernwhite

southernwhite Well-Known Member

WOW thats more than a lot of league 1 sides,can pull in,in a home league game,makes you bloody proud to be a Leeds united fan.:1980_boogie_down: