1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wed 16th September)

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Sep 16, 2020.

1. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

perfect1.jpg
    Good Morning. It's Wednesday 16th September, and here are the latest headlines from Elland Road.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2020
  2. NostradEmus

NostradEmus Firpo is Shit

Man up Ell.

De Paul's agent says that they are 'evaluating options' and that Roma want him but have to sell a midfielder first.

Leeds live predicted line up for tonight...
    Predicted line-up: Casilla; Ayling, Casey, Davis, Douglas; Struijk; Poveda, Shackleton, Roberts, Alioski; Rodrigo.

Lewie Coyle expected to make Hull debut.

Two new episodes of Take us home to be released on Thursday 17th Sept on amazon prime.

Search for stuff yourselves you lazy bastards.. https://www.newsnow.co.uk/h/Sport/Football/Premier League/Leeds United?type=ln

Will that do? I'm very busy. ****sake Ell!

Last edited: Sep 16, 2020
  3. lufctommo

lufctommo Well-Known Member

Get well soon Ell, it ain't easy being wheezy.

Who's watching the game tonight? I'm struggling to get excited for it other than possibly seeing Rodrigo play.

4. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Morning all..

Get well soon Ell

Thanks Emu

I’m looking forward to the game, if we lose it isn’t the end of the world and I’d like to see what some of the fringe players can do. I’d have like to see Geldhart start tonight, will Cooper be fit enough for a few minutes?

Irishshako, NostradEmus and Doc like this.
  5. hemase

hemase Well-Known Member

Morning all,

Feel better soon Ell. I used to think I was really good at sex, turns out all my exes were asthmatic.

Looking forward to tonight. Get to see some more of the lads play in what should be a win.
    I may be in a minority but I hope to see us in a good cup run this year with even a possible trip to Wembley thrown in. Imagine a season with more silverware.

6. Gessa

Gessa Well-Known Member

Unashamedly pinched fromMOT forum.<laugh>

De Paul keen on move, should Radrizzani just pay the £30m?

The Rodrigo De Paul rumours still rumours still rumble on with the Square Ball prompting an incredible response from the Argentinian on Twitter suggesting he is extremely keen on the move. Italian journalists say that the only thing the way of a move now is Leeds meeting Udinese’s valuation of around £37 million. With Chairman Andrea Radrizzani telling the Financial Times Leeds had £35m-£50m of their summer transfer budget still remaining should Leeds look to push the deal over the line?

Whilst Leeds proved on Saturday that they are capable of competing with the best teams in the Premier League it was an outstanding individual display from Mohamed Salah that ultimately gave Liverpool the points. It was however a quiet game for Pablo Hernandez, do we need more options in that area? Is De Paul the kind of player we need, the kind of player with that individual brilliance to take us to the next level?

Should Radrizzani get his wallet out and splash the rest of our cash?

please log in to view this image

A genuine chance at silverware? Who should Bielsa play tonight?

After the excitement of Saturday it is back to Earth with a bump for the next two games as Leeds take on Hull City in the Carabo Cup and Fulham in the League. The cup may be a bit of a distraction at this time of the season but Leeds fans with see Saturday as an early opportunity to get some points on the board. With that mind what team does Marcelo bielsa pick tonight?

Is Robin Koch given more valuable game time to get up to speed with the English style and Bielsa’s system? If so who partners him up front? Pascal Struijk played well on Saturday but Liam Cooper, retuning from injury, may need game time whilst it could be a great opportunity for Charlie Cresswell and Oliver Casey from the U23s to get some first team action.

Barry Douglas was noticeable absent from Saturday’s team, prompting speculation of a move, will we see him tonight? Hull could also be a good opportunity to see more of Rodrigo and Pioveda whilst Gjanni Alioski would probably expect to get his first time of the season. Who would you play? Is this a serious chance to pickup some silverware this season or just a distraction we don’t need?

please log in to view this image

£20 million for an 18 year old, is Gvardiol worth the risk?

The trail on young creation defender Joško Gvardiol seems to have gone cold. Leeds clearly rate the player and there is no doubt he has a lot of potential but £20 million on a relatively unproven player is a lot of money. Do Leeds still need to strengthen at the back or does the emergence of Pascal Struijk as a genuine option at centre back as well as central defence mean that Leeds do not need to bring in additional defensive reinforcements.

Charlie Cresswell and Oliver Casey have also impressed for Leeds in the U23 setup and look likely to join uop with the first team squad this season. With these kind of prospects coming through should Leeds take a gable on a £20m 18 year old or keep thie cash to strengthen other areas of the team?

7. Aski

Aski Well-Known Member

Morning all,

Hope you feel better soon Ell (maybe Liam Cooper has put a curse on you ;) )

Of the team that started Saturday, I think Koch, Strujik and Phillips will start tonight, with the rest of the 11 made up of our fringe players, and those needing game time, hence I think Rodrigo will start. Whilst I would like to see us take the cup competitions a little bit more seriously this year, I can accept that the League Cup is probably the least favourable and also by the time we participate in the F A Cup, we will have a better idea how our season is going, so that may be a better competition to go for if the situation allows

Whitejock and FORZA LEEDS like this.
  8. FORZA LEEDS

FORZA LEEDS Well-Known Member

Morning Aski,

Agree with those players starting. I'd also have Meslier in goal. Don't want Coco messing with the heads of our new boys at CB by creating all sorts of confusion.

Whitejock likes this.
  9. 2 pennth

2 pennth Well-Known Member

Morning all
    Hope you feel better soon Ell
    A good days sleep should see you fine for the game tonight

10. FORZA LEEDS

Morning Gessa,

That doesn't really make sense "should Radrizzani just pay the £30m?"

Well yes he should but the only problem with that is Udinese want £37m <doh>

hemase, Aski and wakeybreakyheart like this.

11. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Good Morning and in reverse order :emoticon-0148-yes:

I think the young Croat must be a phenomenal player or have that potential because the way Struijk is playing I say not bothered if we dont. We have 3 CBs coming through and we should see a couple of them tonight. Struijk, Casey and Cresswell. Pascal can play on either side as a CB and we know he can do the DM role too. Leif Davies can also play left side CB as well as LB

Not too fussed about silverware this season as the main priority must be prem survival, so for me Roberts gets his last chance as No10, play Douglas and Alioski on the left, play Poveda on the right but also let him have a go as a 10. Give Rodrigo at least the first half to get off the mark and use young Joe Gelhardt to replace him. Do not use Phillips, Ayling, Koch, Meslier.

As far as De Paul goes I would try and do a deal. Forget the Roma story as they don't have the cash so need to sell first so not happening. No Italian club can afford him without selling their own creative player and any Italian club who say they want him are trying to do player swaps. Zenit and Leeds are really the only clubs in the market realistically and it comes down to realistic valuation. De Paul has 4 years still on his contract so worth a bit more but not £7m more. I believe Radz is trying to broker a deal of a very high loan fee with a guarantee to buy him next season. In this way Pozzo gets a bit more than the valuation he has now. Would be a good deal for both sides as it would save us a shed load this season.

being artistic and creative with negotiations can work. Look at the problems at Madrid with Bale. Nobody can afford him because of his £600k per week wage, so nobody will pay that and a transfer fee, yet Madrid want his wages off the book and get him out of the club. That can be done easily if you’re creative. Madrid could in effect give him away but nobody would want him due to his wages, but to make it easy for seller and buyer why not put him on the market at £35m but that fee to be paid to Bale. So Madrid win by saving themselves £31m, Bale gets his contracted wages and then the new club negotiates a wage deal. That club gets a worldy player for the price of Rodrigo?

foolee likes this.
  12. wakeybreakyheart

wakeybreakyheart Well-Known Member

Kalimera ola malakas. Will be interesting to see if bielsa takes this cup seriously or will we see something akin to stanley game. Who the eff are they i here you say.
    Got to play same two in centre of defence. Cooper is the only senior centre back we have. We cannot afford to use him till fit. Even though i don't rate him.
    So lets see what loco does and i hope he gives it a go.

FORZA LEEDS likes this.
  13. hemase

hemase Well-Known Member

My starting 11 for tonight would be-

Meslier- don't ever want to see Kiko in goal for us again, would rather play an extra defender than him.

Douglas
    Koch
    Struijk- give either of the centre pairing 45 minutes and then Cooper the next for fitness.
    Youngster at rb.

Poveda
    Roberts
    Gotts
    Shackleton
    Klich

Rodrigo.

14. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Forgot to mention on the De Paul bit that Norwich and Buendia are pushing for Leeds to buy him. We asked about him weeks ago but Norwich demanded £25m so we walked. Harry Wilson isnt worth £20m unless he can replace Pablo and play wide, we know Buendia can but not worth £25m

15. wakeybreakyheart

wakeybreakyheart Well-Known Member

Forgot to add it's cloudy on Zante today.

Irishshako likes this.
  16. leeds60

leeds60 Well-Known Member

Good Morning to Matt and co from a dull Bardsey
    Sorry to hear about you having an asthma attack I know from experience with Moe who has some bad ones at times really dont know what to suggest except she had a bad attack last night and seems to think it was caused by the humidity
    Still no news on De Paul an d Summerville Doc
    Tonight I would play Koch and Pascal so that they get used to playing together

17. FORZA LEEDS

Morning Doc,

All those figures you've quoted make me want to throw up :emoticon-0119-puke: £600k pw? Pay him £35m just to get rid?

I really hope these clubs like Real Madrid go bust. No way should any player be on this sort of money <doh>

18. southernwhite

southernwhite Well-Known Member

Good morning everyone
    Hope you feel a lot better soon Elland <hug>.

19. FORZA LEEDS

Agreed. So inept and such a liability. And we're paying him £35k a week ffs <doh>

hemase likes this.
  20. hemase

hemase Well-Known Member

If Norwich want Buendia off their books then surely a 20 million box should do it now. Very skilful player with prem experience.
    Would just be the last piece of the puzzle for me as I don't see a need for another cb now Struijk is looking the part.
    Buendia could be the Pablo replacement.