1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wed 16th October)

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Oct 16, 2019.

1. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

perfect1.jpg
    Good Morning. It's Wednesday 16th October, and here are the Leeds Utd headlines

Nketiah shares his disappointment with being benched by Bielsa.

Eddie Nketiah scored a hattrick for the England U21's against their Austrian rivals bringing his tally to eight goals in seven England starts.

He then shard his disappointment with Sky Sports having been benched by Bielsa for the first quarter of the season

please log in to view this image

Mills - It’ll be difficult times again for Leeds

Danny Mills has been sharing his concerns about what may happen if Lees don't get promoted this season

“It’s a massive gamble. I think the wage bill for them at the moment for Leeds, including the manager and his staff, is £35-£40 million. That’s big for the Championship. They need to get up this season. If they don’t, you start to worry again.

“The owner has just come out and done a rare interview and said there might be new investment, looking to sell the club, we’ve known that for some time.

“But if they don’t get up this season, with that sort of wagebill, I know some of those players are maybe on loan and of course the manager and his team, it’ll be difficult times again for Leeds.”

please log in to view this image

Last edited: Oct 16, 2019
  2. bucks_is_leeds

bucks_is_leeds Jonny big spuds
    Forum Moderator

Morning El, morning all <ok>

3. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Morning all :emoticon-0148-yes:

I appreciate that U21 International games do not replicate a Championship match, but Fast Eddy has scored another 4 goals for his country this week. I think he r eally does deserve a chance to start, he has forced his way into Bielsa's thinking surely. Scoring is an art form and scoring regular goals is a habit and deserves a go. I hope Bielsa adapts his tactics to either include the lad or swap him for Bamford. Afterall Bamford can replace Eddy if it doesnt work

4. NostradEmus

NostradEmus Firpo is Shit

The kid can score goals for fun. The team are struggling to put the ball in the back of the net.

Just play him. It might be the answer.

5. ellandback

Forum Moderator

6. ellandback

Forum Moderator

7. ellandback

Forum Moderator

If Bielsa is unable to come up with a formation to include Bamford and Nketiah, then I'm sorry, he has to go!!!

His man management is World Class. What he has done to transform the likes of Cooper and Dallas is staggering, but if he is too stubborn to change tactics when he's been found out then there is no point with us continuing with him.

Anyone of us would be able to pick the same XI and same tactic week in, week out, and what I would call inferior Managers are getting one over on Leeds by countering his one tactic!

Eireleeds1 and Infidel like this.
  8. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

So we are left with a 2 choices then, take Elland's advice and sack Bielsa or trust Bielsa. Mmmmm thinking

9. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Morning all

Lets throw Eddy on from the start and see what he can do

Is that a wind up Elland? Sack Bielsa and go back to middle of the table crap football with the season over before December?

bucks_is_leeds likes this.
  10. FORZA LEEDS

FORZA LEEDS Well-Known Member

<doh> ffs

NostradEmus, ellandback and Whitejock like this.

11. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

I get what you're saying, Doc & would love it to work, but ....

Bielsa has built a very disciplined playing system which heavily depends on individuals expecting certain things of other players, and for individuals to do certain things for the team. If Eddie can learn his place in this highly-disciplined format, then it'll be a doddle. If he's struggling, then it falls apart. He may be waiting for ball in, or making runs into, places where it's never going to going to happen. If he has the ball, he might be passing it to people or areas who aren't expecting it. I'm oversimplifying as I really don't know how the system works in fine detail, but the gist of it is that everyone plays a specific part in the system, with the aim of high-intensity pressing to defend from the front, creating chances, and ultimately scoring goals. Eddie only really features in the scoring goals part atm, and the disruption he causes by his inclusion reduces chance creation.

From the little I've seen of him, he scores goals by poaching & breakaways - which is great! However, those opportunities don't present themselves often in our style of play, mainly because our attacking style has the opposition parked in their penalty box. Difficult to poach in those circumstances & simply impossible to breakaway.

Another factor is that I think that Bielsa, being a perfectionist, is trying to develop & round Eddie before throwing him in at the deep end. No point in throwing the lad in now & possibly destroying his (very high) confidence when the fairy tale everyone's screaming out for doesn't happen, as feverishly expected. There's a whole lot more for Bielsa to consider than Eddie sticking in goals. There's a longer term view to take into consideration, which let's face it, is exactly why he's here. Arsenal know that Bielsa will hand back a better player than the one who arrived. Many other managers might well hand back a broken lad in a downward spiral. Again, exactly why he's here.

Bottom line: let Bielsa call the Eddie shots. He's the one with all the data & the know-how to use it.

12. leeds60

leeds60 Well-Known Member

Good Morning to matt and co from a wet Bardsey
    I am sure M att you wrote that piece with tongue in cheek .I am sure he knows what he is doing and yes the wage bill is high but no higher than a lot of other teams.We have spent very little on transfers and sold a great deal
    Incidentally he paSsed me yesterday in Wetherby walking from TA

FORZA LEEDS, Whitejock and ristac like this.
  13. Infidel

Infidel Well-Known Member

Well said Elland, that will ruffle a few feathers on here, I am also getting fed up with the same pattern of play, informing the opposition by midweek who is injured or who is playing and no end result, time to change Bielsa we cannot afford to loose many if any more games!!!!!!

ellandback likes this.
  14. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

But we couldn't have.... The first day of the season last year when Bielsa first joined, how many of us would have picked that starting 11 - The majority of us wanted to see the back of Cooper, we'd given up on Klich, we would have given Dallas away. Before this season started we thought £1m for Forshaw was good money, we hadn't a clue who White was and we would have all said keep Pontus and don't bother with some lad from Brighton we had not heard of.

It's easy picking a team that Bielsa created but NONE of us could have done that before he arrived

15. Mr Wolves-White

Mr Wolves-White Well-Known Member

What you on bout Ristac we will be midtable by December if this carries on

16. Infidel

Infidel Well-Known Member

so WJ what you have said confirms that Bielsa is a one trick pony, his style and pattern of play week in week out, correct.
    Don’t you think opposing teams analyse the pattern of play? Who are the play makers? who to shut down, press Leeds higher up the pitch etc.
    West Brom was a perfect example what they did and we were hanging on for dear life at the end, we need to change but we cannot, we don’t know how to.

LeedsinYork and Whitejock like this.
  17. ellandback

Forum Moderator

<cheers>

18. Mr Wolves-White

Mr Wolves-White Well-Known Member

Morning all

Totally agree with Elland and Infadel, Bielsa has too **** off and do it before it's too late. I couldn't care about Bielsaball I care about results and at this point we won't get promoted.

The man is a numpty or as stubborn as Wenger haven't decided yet. I get he's meant to be a fantastic coach but jesus the fact he names his starting 11, days before the game is stupid. The act he never changes his starting 11 is stupid. The fact younger managers can figure him out is just tragic. This tactical genius has been sussed out by Bowyer and Charlton is tragic.

He's been in the country for a year and still speaks Spanish with a translator really doesn't impress me at all. How s he communicating with the players on daily basis?

I don't think that White was found Bielsa I think he was found by Orta the same with Eddie.

I'm sorry he needs to go.

For me this is really feeling like the Season Blackwell was sacked and Wise got us relegated

ellandback likes this.
  19. leeds60

leeds60 Well-Known Member

Ijust don't believe some of the posts the man is a genius he has made wine out of water

20. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Last season, if he had just given Izzy Brown just an opportunity to show what he could do, we could be in the Prem by now!

Instead, we had players like Hernandez who could barely stand up straight in the play offs