1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tuesday 4th October)

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Oct 4, 2022.

1. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

perfect1.jpg

Good Morning. It's Tuesday 4th October, and here are the latest headlines from Elland Road

Leeds lucky not to have conceded penalty

Former Premier League referee Dermot Gallagher believes Leeds were lucky not to concede a penalty on Sunday, having reviewed an incident where Liam Cooper was seen blatantly tugging the shirt of Tyrone Mings.

The incident occurred as Villa delivered a free kick into the Leeds penalty area. The replays are clear to see. Thankfully, Ming's theatrical dive did not impress Stuart Attwell, who waved play on.

"That's a massive risk to do that, why you'd take that chance. If his challenge isn't seen, and that one is, if the VAR sent the referee over to the review monitor, I think they might recommend a penalty. "If he gets a penalty given against him, I don't think he's got much argument about it."

mings.jpg

Gelhardt loan move suggested

BBC Radio Leeds reporter Adam Pope has suggested that Joe Gelhardt should leave Elland Road on loan in January, in search of game time. The 20yo has been struggling for minutes, and was omitted from the first team squad at the weekend, in favour of Gnonto, who has hit the ground running since his arrival at Elland Road a month ago.

“Well, where does it leave Gelhardt at the moment? Because he’s either bench or obviously started at Brentford and it didn’t turn out great for him that day." “But whilst others are scoring loads in the under-21s, like your Josephs, your Perkins; Gnonto’s the name at the moment. Where’s it leaving him? “If it continues like this, does that lead towards him maybe going out on loan in January? “You don’t want to lose him at any point do you?”

please log in to view this image

Drameh's showing the right attitude

Michael Skubala has praised Cody Drameh for showing the right kind of attitude, despite dropping to third choice right back. Skubala was giving his post match thoughts following his team's 4-0 win over Stoke last Friday night when Drameh's name cropped up. The 20yo received a glowing report from his boss, not just on the pitch, but with his temperament

“A really good professional performance from Cody,” . “I think in moments he was really cute, he got forward well and defended well at times. He’s come down to get some minutes and it was a really strong performance from Cody.

“That’s his challenge, he wants to strive and he wants to be the number one right-back at the club and he’s another good young pro that knows he’s got to do work and he’s got some senior international players ahead of him. It’s hard for him but he’s showing the right attitude to keep going, which is good and we support him.”

please log in to view this image

2. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

Morning all. Mentioned Coops shirt tugging yesterday and to be honest Im sick and tired looking at him do it. Clearly hasn't learned from his previous daft decisions. Gelhardt is a no brainer. Apparently dropping down the rankings by the month and getting less and less game time. Needs to go on loan quickly to kick start his career.

3. Mr Wolves-White

Mr Wolves-White Well-Known Member

Morning

shirt tugging is stupid. Cooper should no better.

Joffy going on loan might bite us in the ass after January. Yes he's dropping down the pecking order but Bamford is a sick note so I would just keep at ER incase we get injuries to Bamford and Rodders. I'm not weary of Letting players go after last season.

I see Steve Cooper is now in trouble at Forest after the humping by Leicester. Wouldn't surprise me if they let him go by the end of the week. 22 players brought in and £150 million spent on players. If they go down and that looks very likely they're going to be screwed.

NostradEmus likes this.
  4. leeds60

leeds60 Well-Known Member

Good Morning to all from a chilly Bardsey
    Watching the highlights of Man Citydemollish Man U Halland was magnificient what a goal scorer.Could he play for England as he was born in LeedsI wonderedI don.t see why not 'He could play in the world cup.I dont know if Norway is there
    Next for the sack Brucehe must be laughing all the way to the bankwith his payouts for being useless sorry to hear Wilder got the sack seems a genuine bloke

5. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Morning all :emoticon-0148-yes:

My honest opinion on Joffy is that Marsch has never fancied him. Marsch is good at talking but I dont believe all the Joffy got a dead leg last week blah blah. i just dont think he fits into the Marsch system. Joffy broke records changing his physique and bidy shape for Bielsa and learning how to play Bielsaball. Marsch then came and wanted something else. You know its bad when Dan James gets selected as a striker instead of an actual striker and lets be honest that happened countless times. Marsch has bigged up Greenwood a lot and brought him on as a striker when Joffy didnt make the bench. The club need to find a club where Joffy will start like they did for Drameh last season, he needs Championship football or even top European league football.

Drameh is way too good for the 21sand is rightly 3rd choice RB. Hjelde is probably 5th choice CB and thats with Cresswell out on loan, but hes too good for the 21s so these players will get some cup games some 21 games to keep them ticking over as we cant allow all to go out on loan, but with Joffy if he stays and fights he has Rodrigo, Bamford, Gnonto 3 internationals in front of him and staying in the 21s damages Perkins, Dean, McGurk and Joseph. No Joffy needs to leave

Whitejock likes this.
  6. Jammy 07

Jammy 07 Well-Known Member

Joffy needs to stay.

Just signed a new 5 year deal and now need to knuckle down and bang some goals in for the U21's if he can't get in the first team. Then when we need him he'll be fit and raring to go.

Provided we retain our PL status we can then have another look at things in the summer.

7. Mr Wolves-White

News coming out were in for a 21 year old from Donetsk but Liverpool and Arsenal are also in the running. However I reckon we don't need to fear Liverpool as I reckon Klopp will be out of a job by the End of the month

8. Mr Wolves-White

Frankly I'm not. I think he's over rated. I'm remember during the Newcastle take over a former work colleague said he should get the Newcastle job and I thought to myself don't be ****ing stupid why would they get Wilder when Howe is out there and he's 100 time better.

9. Leedsoflondon

Leedsoflondon Well-Known Member

No he can’t 60, he’s played competitively for Norway.

Irishshako, Doc and leeds down south like this.
  10. BillysStatue

BillysStatue Well-Known Member

Morning, thanks for the thread Matty Click

Dermott hates Leeds and will jump at any chance to denigrate the club .. his comments were there to try and deflect from Atwell's poor performance, and to make it look like there was no bias .. fk him, his point is pointless, look at all the holding and blocking at the Villa end as well then

Pope is poop .. he should focus on talking tripe about Everton .. Gelhardt has just signed a long term deal, so a pathway would have been put in place for him that he agreed with .. people need to stop looking for stories that don't exist, it's weak

Drameh is learning fast, and he will know that anything can happen and he could easily be in the team in a few weeks .. he's doing it the right way, in a good environment .. that U21 squad is focused and driven, all pushing each other on to try and break into JM's squad .. they see it as a badge of honour every time one of them gets called up .. fantastic!

Here's the thing about loaning more Academy lads out, they don't have a big squad and can't really afford to lose more players .. it will hamper the squad's overall development and affect their match day performances and results

The club has made it clear they want to get the Academy back up a level and promotion for the U21s is an important goal .. the Academy needs to be competing against the best to keep improving and developing the players .. on track so far

11. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Sounds great Billy however they broke it last season. The 23s were on course for challenging for the title but due to first team injuries the whole seasin for the whole club was goosed. U18s were garbage because many if them were playing fir the 23sm the 23s were dire because the better players were sat on the first team bench so got relegated. The better players Greenwood, Gelhardt, Kenneh, Cresswell and Summerville hardly played at all, just a few minutes for the 23s and a few minutes for the first team. Drameh fooked off to Cardiff, Summerville wanted out. Kenneh has left the club refusing a new contract….l it was a mess. Yes this season we are back on track but those players lost a lot of playing time and I believe its cost them and maybe why Joffy is now 4th choice

12. OLOF

OLOF Well-Known Member

Dermot Gallagher is a ****ing useless prick, it's ****s like him who want to be centre stage on the pitch that is ruining the once beautiful game.
    Yeah, I know the twat is retired thank ****, one less cheating incompetent bastard to boil my piss.
    Rant over, back to work:emoticon-0148-yes:

Irishshako likes this.
  13. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Well said mate, but every time Leeds have a complaint about a ref decision or VAR The twat Gallagher always sides with the ref, always. Hes a cnut should not be used by the media

OLOF likes this.
  14. DirtyLeeds

DirtyLeeds Well-Known Member

He seems to side with the ref with literally every decision TBF, not just when it involves us. Obviously doesn't want to be seen to criticise a fellow ref. Although I admit I only tend to watch that programme if there's been a contentious decision in a Leeds game so I could be wrong.

OLOF and Irishshako like this.
  15. Jammy 07

Now that Marcelo has left and Jesse is running the show let's see how things go this season Doc. Having the youngsters bench warming without getting any game time (at any level) just made no sense whatsoever and surely that won't happen again.

The massive plus though is that Marsche does seem to like getting the young lads on the pitch as much as possible.

Tonights game in the EFL Trophy at Tranmere should give some clues as to the overall approach.

wakeybreakyheart likes this.
  16. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Jesse has a lot more players at his disposal than Bielsa had. Bielsa had times when 9 first teamers were out injured. Marsch only has Dallas out plus Archie Gray everyone else now fit, Bamford, Forshaw, Cooper, Ayling, Firpo all back so the kids wont really be needed this season as those from last season are mainly first teamers now

17. Jammy 07

All true but tonight we have Greenwood, Gnonto, Summerville, Joffy & Drameh all needing game time.

Unless they’re too old as CBA to check if they all qualify age wise.

18. wakeybreakyheart

wakeybreakyheart Well-Known Member

I have no idea about age restrictions for this trophy.

19. milkyboy

milkyboy Well-Known Member

I did a very thorough and balanced review of
    the penalty incident yesterday. :azn:

it was stupid of cooper but it wasn’t a penalty… amongst other things, mings had a piece of his shirt too. Var looked at it.

as for our lack of injuries causing playing time issues. I blame Jessie - he needs to overtrain his players so he has less to choose from <cheers>

Last edited: Oct 4, 2022
    Irishshako and DirtyLeeds like this.
  20. esteponawhite

esteponawhite Well-Known Member