1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tuesday 3rd December)

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Dec 3, 2019.

1. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

perfect1.jpg Good Morning. It's Tuesday 3rd December, and here are the latest headlines from Elland Road.

Last minute agony sees the Baggies leapfrog Leeds

West Bromwich Albion leapfrogged Leeds at the top of the table courtesy of a dubious penalty decision in the 90th minute.

Preston North End goalkeeper Declan Rudd was deemed to have upended Kyle Edwards as it seemed the Baggies hitman was running out of space to take a shot. Referee Oliver Langford ignored the Preston protests and pointed to the spot. The rest as they say is history.

Do you think this was a penalty?

If not, should Edwards receive a ban for cheating?

15m price tag on Gayle surely rules him out on a return to the Championship

Newcastle Utd have slapped a 15m price tag on Dwight Gayle. Toon boss Steve Bruce wants the 29yo to stay at St James Park but is aware that with only four appearances under his belt, the Walthamstow born striker needs first team action.

With a host of clubs keen to secure Gayle's signature in January how likely is it that a Championship club are able to stump up 15m and avoid Financial Fair Play irregularities?

Would Leeds actually be keen on Gayle? With only four appearances under his belt, would he be fit enough to play Bielsa-ball?

please log in to view this image

Leeds travel to the Emirates in the FA Cup

The draw for the third round of the FA Cup has seen Leeds being drawn against Arsenal at the Emirates Stadium on the 3rd January, though in all likelihood the fixture is likely to be changed as Sky will no doubt want to showcase the game.

Stevens signs contract extension

Jordan Stevens has signed a contract extension at Thorp Arch that will keep the 19yo at Elland Road until the Summer of 2022.

The 19-year-old has agreed fresh terms, keeping him at Elland Road until the summer of 2022.

Stevens joined from Forest Green Rovers in 2018, and has been a regular for the Under 23's with seven appearances and two goals so far this term. He missed out on six weeks of action, having been suspended for betting!

Farsleyexile and Whitejock like this.
  2. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Morning all...

Our aim is top two, I personally don’t care if it is top or second, WBA have been a little fortunate recently and it’s Fulham in third who worry me.

The start of the season saw everyone slipping up and it was tight at the top then we put our unbeaten run together just at the right time, sadly a few others did too which means there isn’t much if any real daylight between us and the chasing pack.

In regards to Gayle I think keeping Nketiah is a better option, he is already up to Bielsa speed, I wonder if he is allowed to play against Arsenal in the cup?

Last edited: Dec 3, 2019
    NostradEmus, Eireleeds1 and Doc like this.
  3. leeds60

leeds60 Well-Known Member

Good Morning to Matt and co from a sunny cool Bardsey
    It strikes me that WBA are riding their luc k getting last minute pena;lties like last night against a much depleted Preston whoes back 4 were all reserves
    it will not be unnoticed that they have scored penalties in the last minute in 3 gamesLets hope they have a change in fortune

4. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Morning all :emoticon-0148-yes:

Gayle cannot get a game for a low end, poor Prem team so why should we pay £15m for a player who will not be good enough for the Prem? And Vydra talk too is never going to happen. Why should we pay money for Burnleys 4th choice striker and someone who has sat on his arse for 18 months and will never be fit enough to play Bielsaball in January. Hopefully Eddie will stay and really come into his own after Xmas.

A couple of tweets to Eddie last night from Arsenal asking him if he had seen the FA Cup draw. Eddie replied with some emoji eyes

JonnyLosAngeles likes this.
  5. lifecheshirewhite

Morning all
    Nketiah not allowed to play against his parent club. May play against us though if he goes back <yikes>

JonnyLosAngeles and ristac like this.
  6. Infidel

Infidel Well-Known Member

Young Ben White would have Nketiah in his pocket.

7. milkyboy

milkyboy Well-Known Member

They have been a bit lucky, Fulham have ridden there’s a bit too.

And if we’re honest, so have we... Luton had a goal against us disallowed for offside that wasn’t and we got a dodgy penalty against Blackburn. Last year the only luck we got was bad luck.

you need a bit

JonnyLosAngeles likes this.
  8. NostradEmus

NostradEmus Firpo is Shit

As long as West Brom beat everyone else I don't care. Its top two I care about. Fulham are a worry but I don't rate Parker as a manager.

As for Gayle. It's not the £15 mill price tag. It's the wages that dictate where he plays. Can't see too many takers tbh unless he ends up abroad.

Don't care about FA cup but hopefully some youngsters get a taste of the big time playing in that stadium. Good day out for the fans too. There are some tasty fixtures weekend in London. Could be chaos with the fans all mixing.

Don't know if Stevens will make it. Dont know a lot about him tbh.

ristac likes this.
  9. 2020VisionofLeeds

2020VisionofLeeds Well-Known Member

Good morning. Only thing to worry about is Leeds averaging over 2 points a game. If we keep that up we should go up in top 2, let’s not worry about other teams who will blow hot and cold. I don’t think it’s ever happened that there’s been 3 teams getting over 2.0 points a game st end of season (no doubt I’ll now be put right <laugh>)

JonnyLosAngeles and Doc like this.
  10. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

Morning all. Cup is same virtually as an international break to me, an irrelevant distraction with chance of players being injured or worse as what happened to Saiz. As for last minute goals, all top teams get them, so did we as did Norwich numerous times last season and Liverpool are doing in pl. Was no penalty last night but we got one a couple of weeks back that was equally as soft. Doesn't matter as these things usually balance out over 46 games

2 pennth likes this.

11. Gessa

Gessa Well-Known Member

West Brom certainly got away with one last night,Gayle got a ban for the same thing last year, so Edwards could get the same, which will probably be a small price to pay for the extra 2 points it earned them.

I wouldn't want Gayle there is a unity in the camp which doesn't need an ego coming in and upsetting that, from reports over the summer, he sems very money motivated. If we had that kind of money then I'd be looking at 2/3 players that would improve the team not destroy it.

Arsenal is a great chance for the players to sample what it's like to play in the premier league and hopefully will give them even more hunger to get there.

Stevens looks a very good player and the club seemed to handle his problem brilliantly.

Irishshako, Whitejock and Doc like this.
  12. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Sheff Wed have been finally charged by the FA for the sale of their ground to themselves to fiddle the books for FFFP rules. Obviously a points deduction on th e way now and then we can see why they can afford to play Forestieri £42k pwk and Fletcher £40kpwk. Another reason why Leeds have spent so many years in this league. Cheating bastards

13. Leedsoflondon

Leedsoflondon Well-Known Member

Derby next??