1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tuesday 31st March)

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Mar 31, 2020.

1. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

perfect1.jpg
    Good Morning. Its Tuesday 31st March, and here are the latest headlines from Elland Road

Deputy chief medical officer - It could be 6 months before we get back to normal

Deputy chief medical officer Dr Jenny Harries has said it could be six months or longer before the country gets back to normal after the coronavirus; potentially putting the 2019/20 season in jeopardy!

Jennifer Margaret Harries OBE was quoted as saying:-

If we stop then all of our efforts will be wasted and we could potentially see a second peak.

“So over time, probably over the next six months, we will have a three-week review. We will see where we are going.

“We need to keep that lid on - and then gradually we will be able to hopefully adjust some of the social distancing measures and gradually get us all back to normal.

“Three weeks for review, two or three months to see whether we have really squashed it but about three to six months ideally, and lots of uncertainty in that, but then to see at which point we can actually get back to normal.”

please log in to view this image

When should the EFL call time on the 2019/20 season?

The suspension of the 2019/20 season is currently on hold and set to be reviewed on the 30th April, but in all honesty there is not a chance on Earth that Soccer Chiefs will even contemplate lifting the embargo until the Country has the coronavirus under control, and this could be six months away!

Compared to many, Leeds are an affluent club, but many other teams are already struggling to make ends meet, even with financial help from the EFL

Many clubs, especially in the lower divisions who voted to finish the season are changing their minds due to the heavy financial losses they are incurring each week.

How long can clubs survive without any income?

How long can the Premier League / EFL realistically wait until they have to draw a line in the sand and void the season?

Is this even an option?

If the season were to recommence in six months time, should it still be top priority to complete the remaining games from the 2019/20 season?

Premier League to lose 762m if season not completed by July 16th

The Premier League are in discussions with all 20 Premier League clubs discussing a plan to recommence the current season start in May behind closed doors and finish by July 12.

There is a “watertight” deal with Sky Sports and BT Sport that would see the Premier League owing up to £762m deal if the season isn’t finished by July 16.

However, there’s no contingency plan for the 72 clubs under the EFL. It is believed that there would be too much strain on the medical services to allow the lower leagues to fulfil their fixtures.

TalkSPORT pundit Ally McCoist has said “it’s wrong” to prioritise one league over another.

“I’ve got to be honest, I’m against games being played behind closed doors,”

“Games without fans loses just about everything for me. There’s something not right about it. But make no mistake about it, this is a financial decision, people will want to get games finished.

“But we’re making rules for some and not for others. Football used to be the same for everyone and now it’s not.

“It’s saying that it’s more important financially for the Premier League to finish above other leagues. I think it’s wrong.”

bucks_is_leeds likes this.
  2. Irishshako

Irishshako Well-Known Member

Good morning Elland and to anyone else who posts later. Just received my result for the corona virus and it's negative. <party>

3. Infidel

Infidel Well-Known Member

Good news Shaks, :emoticon-0148-yes:

Irishshako likes this.
  4. Irishshako

Cheers bud<ok>

5. 2 pennth

2 pennth Well-Known Member

Great news Shaks :emoticon-0148-yes:

old sea dog and Irishshako like this.
  6. Irishshako

Thanks, it means I can go out and get my own beer<party>

esteponawhite and bucks_is_leeds like this.
  7. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

Great news shaks. Bad news is you can still catch it now
    Like rest of us <laugh>
    Re footie season I believe meaningful discussions will be around January when picture is clear. No need to void anything till then

8. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Morning all and good news Shaks, on the downside it means you can still catch it then. I think I would have liked to have had a positive result but on the mild side like Charlie had and Boris seems to, glad you are okay though

EDIT* If I had scrolled down I would have seen Eire beat me to it :)

9. Irishshako

<laugh> yeah I'll have to watch myself, I've been in the house since the 11th March and it's taken that long to get things sorted.<ok>

10. Irishshako

Cheers Ristac, Eire is always the bearer of good news.:emoticon-0105-wink:

Eireleeds1 and ristac like this.

11. wakeybreakyheart

wakeybreakyheart Well-Known Member

My thoughts too thinking back I had some kind of a weird cough in February. Then I came back from lanzarote with cold etc. Been 14 days since my first sneeze and took some shaking off. I live on my own anyway so no way of spreading it. Had to do my own shopping but managed to get in and out without sneezing. Could you imagine the room I would have had if I did. Would have been like a stampede on a wild West cattle drive.

Eireleeds1, Irishshako and ristac like this.
  12. davy

davy Well-Known Member

Excellent Shako. <applause><applause>

Irishshako likes this.
  13. Eric Le Merde

Eric Le Merde Well-Known Member

Great news

I came across these meanings for shaks recently, some appeared appropriate

Screen Shot 2020-04-01 at 5.52.02 am.png

Irishshako and davy like this.
  14. Jammy 07

Jammy 07 Well-Known Member

Goodnight all.

Very quiet day on here today so hope everything is ok wherever you may be.

15. Irishshako

Cheers Davy, hope all's well up North<ok>

davy likes this.
  16. Irishshako

<laugh> Cheers Eric, I'll have to ask Jammy what half of those words mean.:grin:

Eric Le Merde likes this.
  17. davy

davy Well-Known Member

All quiet Shako - given the daughter’s history we’ve now been staying indoors for 4 weeks come this Friday, and we haven’t killed one another yet. <laugh>

Irishshako and Whitejock like this.
  18. Irishshako

Of course you'll have to be extra careful with Lana. <ok> It's a nightmare Davy, I'm here with the mot and son, although as he works in Dunnes they can't close, so he's out at least. FFS I'm playing my childhood game like frustration for money. The feckin rows over the game are unreal..<laugh> Anyway Davy all the best.<ok>

davy and wakeybreakyheart like this.