1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tuesday 17th May)

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, May 17, 2022.

1. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

perfect1.jpg

Good Morning. It's Tuesday 17th May, and here are the latest headlines from Elland Road

talkSPORT presenter rips into ER faithful

talkSPORT host Simon Jordan has ripped into the Elland Road faithful for venting their anger towards Andrea Radrizzani and the Leeds board during the latter stages of the Brighton game on Sunday. The former Crystal Palace owner described their actions as 'unfathomable' and made comparisons between Radrizzani's reign, and that of Ken Bates. Obviously, in that context, there is no comparison.

According to Jordan:- “I understand they were singing for the board to be gone,” “You’ve got to look at the landscape of football fans and what some of these football fans do. “It’s unfathomable. Whatever you may be thinking about Radrizzani right now, this is a club that sat outside of the Premier League for 16 years, went through two or three virtual administrations where Ken Bates packaged them in and out financial difficulties. “Now you have some adversity, you’re going to chant ‘sack the board’, I don’t know what to say to people.”

please log in to view this image

Are Leeds replicating the Blades

This time last year, whilst Leeds fans were celebrating a ninth place finish in the top flight, 36 miles away at Bramell Lane, Sheffield Utd were preparing for life back in the Championship. Under the guidance of Chris Wilder, the former right-back took the Blades from life in League One to the Premier League in three seasons much like the influence Bielsa had with his players, Wilder took a bunch of lower league players (albeit mainly freebie's) and temporarily turned them into Premier League stars.

After piping Bielsa to promotion, the plucky Blades took the top flight by storm. For much of their 19/20 campaign, they looked like they may achieve a top six finish, but after losing their last three games, they finished ninth. That Summer, lack of investment and the terrible signing of Rhian Brewster from Liverpool for £23.5 million sealed their fate from the top flight.

When you look at the comparables, they are uncanny. Leeds have achieved marginally better results this term than the Blades, but due mainly to Raphinha and Phillips. Should the Leeds board have taken the time to notice what went wrong with their South Yorkshire neighbours, to ensure it didn't happen to us?

If Kalvin Phillips goes to Man United - He’s a brave man

Former Leeds and England star Rio Ferdinand has played down suggestions that Kalvin Phillips will join Manchester Utd this Summer. The 43yo was discussing the England midfielders future on his 'Vibe with Five' podcast. Famously, Ferdinand made the move across the Pennines himself, but he's not a Leeds lad, and had only been at the club twenty months.

“Kalvin Phillips don’t go to Man United,” “This is the difference between me and him, he’s a Leeds boy. He can’t set foot back in Leeds [if he goes]. His family have to move out, if he goes to Man United. Trust me.

“I had the head of Yorkshire police ring me when I left for Man United and said, ‘don’t come back for a while’ and I was only there for 18 months. “Kalvin is a top player, he ain’t going to Man United. “If Kalvin Phillips goes to Man United… boy. He’s a brave man.”

bucks_is_leeds and leeds60 like this.
  2. southernwhite

southernwhite Well-Known Member

Good morning all
    If Calvin left to joins man utd, it would be a more for a guarantee of premier league football, and the massive wage increase than a chance of champions league football, of course it just goes to show that if he did go their, none of the top four would have fancied him, (which might tell you something). Wherever we are next season he can go with my blessing for a vastly inflated fee, particularly after recent performances where he appears to have lost interest. However I wish the lad well & everything he’s done for Leeds United.

OLOF likes this.
  3. OLOF

OLOF Well-Known Member

It would be great to get one over the Scum if he goes there, especially for 100m, we would have had their pants down big time :emoticon-0105-wink:

4. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

hell probably go to city and end up in their development squad

Infidel and OLOF like this.
  5. OLOF

OLOF Well-Known Member

Anyone seen or heard from Shako, im getting a bit worried, last time I saw him he was dancing topless on the bar at a club I took him to with a load of women, well, they looked like women, two of them had a 'tache,<yikes> I think one caught his eye and he was smitten:emoticon-0102-bigsm

6. wakeybreakyheart

wakeybreakyheart Well-Known Member

Or west ham who would sell declan rice and make a tidy profit on the deal.

Eireleeds1 likes this.
  7. NostradEmus

NostradEmus Firpo is Shit

I agree with Simon Jordan.

8. wakeybreakyheart

wakeybreakyheart Well-Known Member

If phillips goes it should be the best deal for the club and not him. He would look good in a top side but he ain't no game changer. Also i think the term legend is used to loosly these days. Noble at west ham is definately one but phillips is nowhere near. We need at least two quick mids anyway so sell him.

OLOF likes this.
  9. DirtyLeeds

DirtyLeeds Well-Known Member

I'd agree but I guess it's all relative. To me and you, Revie's and Wilko's teams are legends. Some of O'Leary's team to a lesser extent. But the younger generation have had bugger all to cheer about for nigh on twenty years so to some Phillips is a star (if not a legend).

Irishshako likes this.
  10. NostradEmus

NostradEmus Firpo is Shit

I think Phillips would do a job for City as Fernandinhos replacement. That's a good move for the lad and for us tbh if the price is right.

wakeybreakyheart, hemase and Doc like this.

11. Brizzlewhite

Brizzlewhite Well-Known Member

KP is over rated. Did a good job last season, but nothing stellar. What we've lost this year is decent scoring contributions from the wingers and what passes for our midfield. They've all faded away, especially Dallas and Klich.

12. Irishshako

Irishshako Well-Known Member

I'd never grow a goatee<laugh> Anyway is that a photo of Benetez from your personal collection.:emoticon-0109-kiss:

13. Irishshako

Is that the same lad who slagged us off years ago.<confused>

NostradEmus and ellandback like this.
  14. Irishshako

We've had this same discussion on 606 many times over and what it comes down to is that there are players who are legends and there are players who are cult heroes.<ok>

hemase and Doc like this.
  15. DirtyLeeds

DirtyLeeds Well-Known Member

Indeed.

Irishshako likes this.
  16. Irishshako

I now know where Wakey and OLOF fecked off to.
    :emoticon-0136-giggl
    upload_2022-5-17_14-31-20.jpeg

17. southernwhite

southernwhite Well-Known Member

Benetez <laugh> See what you mean <yikes> from neck up that is :)

Irishshako likes this.
  18. Irishshako

<laugh> maybe:grin:

19. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Afternoon all

I wish KP well in wherever he chooses to go, he helped us get promoted and relegation or not we need to rebuild the squad.

KP doesn't look comfortable in a Marsch team so for everyone's best interest it is time he moves on. If the blue half offered £50m and the red half £60m I hope he goes to the red side, I really don't care, the more we get the better as it isn't a small rebuild we are in need of. I'm pretty sure he will either go to Newcastle as they are going to be the big spenders or City, I think he has probably been sounded out already by his mate Grealish

We will have buyers lined up for KP and Raphinha but my concern is a few of the others we need to shift like Rodrigo, will we get anything back on him?

Brizzlewhite and SIDDAS like this.
  20. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

He's got a 150m price tag.