1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tue 23rd Apr)

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Apr 23, 2019.

1. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Good Morning Everyone

Leeds second defeat in 72 hours more or less handed the Blades a pass to the 2019/20 Premier League on a silver platter!

Where did it all go wrong for the Whites?

Did they run out of steam?

Would the Daniel James transfer have made a big difference?

If so, did Leeds really have to wait until the 11th hour to sign him?

Perhaps they wanted to wait until the last minute to keep the fans guessing?

Will he or won't he?

Then at the last minute - big marquee signing!!!

With such a small squad, surely it would have made sense to bring in some experience from the Premiership - players that weren't getting much game time, that didn't mind dropping a division in order to win a promotion race and be idolised by hundreds of thousands of fans!

Would it have made a difference if we had kept Viera and Saiz? - Should at least one of these players have been replaced?

Why does it seem that every other club in the division have better loanees than we do?

Why has Izzy Brown not been used? We've seen what he can do two seasons ago when Huddersfield tore us apart!

Has Hernandez been overused? He is now 34? Should he be playing in every game?

Should all our senior players now be rested until the play offs?

ristac and bucks_is_leeds like this.
  2. leeds60

leeds60 Well-Known Member

Good Morning to Matt and co from a sunny Bardsey
    Said at the time we would rue not signing Dan James and we have and we still need a striker I fear that we will be in this league next season Villa will go up
    We can afford to rest some players now
    AR tried to put a team together on the cheap and it nearly came off I think he will try to sell the club to someone with lots of money
    Lets hope we keep Bielsa

3. Normanbitmyleg70

Normanbitmyleg70 Well-Known Member

Morning Ell and all.

I am unconsolable and what is worse am waiting for a big fat canary to turn up and take the desk next to me :emoticon-0183-swear.

We have run out of steam and ideas and have choked big time.

I think Daniel James would have made a difference so big **** up by management.

Viera and saiz would have made a difference and should have been replaced. Another **** up.

Our loanees have been ****e and no idea why.

Izzy brown saga is a ****ing shambles. He should have at least been tried before being shunned. Who knows he might have been a better option than the some of the shower of ****e that has failed miserably lately.

Hernandez is a shining light but at his age it is a lot to ask to save us on his own.

Appreciate negativity is not the answer but they have screwed up so badly I need to let this out.

I know we are in the play offs but looking at the players demeanour I think we are ****ed.

I hope not but time will tell.

4. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Morning all fkg gutted

Izzy Brown loan seems to be the most expensive in the clubs history for never having started and only completing 2 minutes on the pitch. Could he be the secret weapon?

Saiz and Viera do not play for their clubs and Viera has played less than ten games mostly from the bench or in cups. Saiz hasn't played for weeks and his club want shut of him. So obviously not good enough for Leeds.

Lack of signing a top striker has killed us as Bamford didnt start until the new year and even though he has the 5th best goals to minutes played in the league, we have missed goals all season.

We have created more chances than any other club and only scored the 5th highest number of goals in the league. Bielsa said yesterday we should have had between 10 and 15 more points and already be promoted, but have failed to capitalise. Thats it conversation over, no other reason, so poor finishing from Harrison, Bamford, Roofe, Clarke, Klich, Roberts has killed us

5. LeeUtd

LeeUtd Well-Known Member

Blunts will get 3pts off Ipswich and a draw away at Stoke so finish on 89pts. Even a loss is 88pts. Even if we pick up 6pts we miss out on goal difference. So likely to be Derby, Bristol City or Middlesbrough in the first stage of the playoffs.

So do we go full strength against Villa and play some of the squad and under 23’s against Ipswich? Maybe even change things for the Villa game. Given we’ll know the blunts score as we play a day after.

I think they looked jaded and heads down yesterday so maybe worth resting some? Thing is playoffs aren’t until mid-May (11th first leg and second legs over 14th and 15th May. Final over a month away on 27th May).

southernwhite and ellandback like this.
  6. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

FORZA LEEDS likes this.
  7. milkyboy

milkyboy Well-Known Member

Although I liked him, don’t think we’ve missed Ronnie. We’ve dominated possession and ball retention wasn’t a strength if his. We’ve definitely missed a fit and motivated Saiz. Fit and motivated are the two key words.

We will always be susceptible on the break, with the way we play... but yesterday’s goals were shambolic.

Real problems are lack of quality final ball and poor finishing.

Bamford May have a decent goals per minute record but he’s missed a bagful of chances. In some games he’s missed some real sitters that have cost us points. He should have scored after two minutes yesterday, and buried the ‘penalty’ before the guy fouled him.

To be fair Roofe took too many chances to score in my view as well.

People commenting on the rest of the side? Honestly, we’ve played the best football in the division and with some better quality in front of goal we’d have been promoted weeks ago.

We can still go up, but if we don’t its going to be the mother of an ‘if only’ season.

8. southernwhite

southernwhite Well-Known Member

As Norman said we fu**** up on a monumental scale,we had the premiership by the short & curlies.Any descent sighning,James or whoever would have made a difference.Players like Harrison,Douglas maybe one or two others don't deserve to put on a Leeds shirt,their just not up to championship standard,or sunday league come to think of it.I am sorry to upset a few people but this is my view,also something else which might be controversial on here,is i don't blame Bamford for anything,sure he's lightweight,but the guys a finisher not a playmaker,give him the opportunity and he will for the most part score,the problem has been our supply,lot's of huff & puff and no end product.Harrison,Alioski (for all his hard work) are incapable of the killer pass,this all needs addressing for next season.
    On our day though and all the cogs are turning,we are capable of beating anyone,but that is also our achilles heal,for one performance we can be stunning and the next game we are s***,problem is were gonna need three performances in a row for the play offs,and when was the last time we put in three in a row,precisely so in my opinion were not going to make it from the play offs,unless something drastically changes.
    The changes needed in my humble opinion is to bring in one or two of under 23's who deserve a chance to impress,ie Edmondson,Brown etc,hell they might not be good enough,but could they do any worse than the current shower atm.Another area of very real concern is set pieces,were so crap at them,i now use the delay to make a cuppa,what happened to the supposed brilliance of Douglas i know he's injured atm (but another waste of space imo)
    I believe if we are gonna get out of this league via the play offs (and it is possible) with a drastic change,give the opposition something to worry about.Now this is something i thought i would never do is knock Bielsa,but he does seem to be incapable of change,sticks to the same personnel week after week,what other manager giving the performances of some of them,would stick so rigidly by them,sure everyone has an off day,but week after week & some showing nothing at all.
    MR Bielsa if your reading this,the team has run out of steam changes are needed NOW.
    BTW a good morning to you all
    from a very upset southernwhite.

9. 2 pennth

2 pennth Well-Known Member

Morning everyone
    I don’t know I go away for a few days and look what happens
    All down to a skint owner who didn’t strengthen in January we have been short of a prolific striker all year
    We are far too lightweight up front
    We get plenty of corners but conversation to goals is diabolical
    I am pissed off this was our chance and we just gave it away
    Don’t expect us to win in the playoffs
    So championship next year again
    We still have the second half season jinks

Normanbitmyleg70 likes this.
  10. Gessa

Gessa Well-Known Member

Leeds second defeat in 72 hours more or less handed the Blades a pass to the 2019/20 Premier League on a silver platter!

Where did it all go wrong for the Whites?

Did they run out of steam?

The small squad as come back to haunt us, yet we have had some good performances from Shackleton but he's been overlooked by MB.

Would the Daniel James transfer have made a big difference?

If so, did Leeds really have to wait until the 11th hour to sign him?

Perhaps they wanted to wait until the last minute to keep the fans guessing?

Will he or won't he?

Then at the last minute - big marquee signing!!!

We'll never really know but it is likely he would have made a bog difference, would MB still insisted on playing Harrison though, he's the only person in the world who thought he deserved a place.

With such a small squad, surely it would have made sense to bring in some experience from the Premiership - players that weren't getting much game time, that didn't mind dropping a division in order to win a promotion race and be idolised by hundreds of thousands of fans!

Not sure, it takes players around 8 weeks to get ip to the fitness levels Bielsa insists on, so players not getting much game time would take at least this, James fitted the bill.

Would it have made a difference if we had kept Viera and Saiz? - Should at least one of these players have been replaced?

Vieira was a big miss for me, better than Phillips at the defensive stuff, Phillips better than Klich at the offensive.

Why does it seem that every other club in the division have better loanees than we do?

The sad bastard I am, the other day I looked at a list of loanees we've had since 2004, around 112, I could only name 6 that I felt were a success here, a few went on to be better elsewhere, so around a 5% success rate is pathetic

Why has Izzy Brown not been used? We've seen what he can do two seasons ago when Huddersfield tore us apart!

Obviously not the player now as then, people who watch the U23's say he's lazy, that's not good enough for the first team.

Has Hernandez been overused? He is now 34? Should he be playing in every game?

When Pablos out of sorts the team don't play, he's all we've got creatively.

Should all our senior players now be rested until the play offs?

Any that are carrying knocks or are fatigued should be rested, Roofe's style suits our system better than Bamford, so should start the next 2 to get him more match fit for the play offs Shackleton should start both games, Berardi is a proper full back so should start at LB, we need to start defending properly again, we've conceded some sloppy goals lately.

wakeybreakyheart, ristac and LeeUtd like this.

11. LeeUtd

LeeUtd Well-Known Member

So Berardi in take the Alioski slot, given it looks like Alioski is out for the season now.

Gessa likes this.
  12. Gessa

Gessa Well-Known Member

The man has done a tremendous job with the players at his disposal but Bielsa's stubbornness has to be part to blame along with some bewildering substitutions, he holds his hands up that he gets it wrong but makes the same mistake again, Dallas isn't a game changer, Harrison isn't good enough, Klich needed dropping 10 games ago.

13. Gessa

Gessa Well-Known Member

Unfortunately it will be Dallas

14. Eric Le Merde

Eric Le Merde Well-Known Member

Morning all and a happy St Georges day to all you Poms

127459.gif

15. Eric Le Merde

Well and truely fed up today but we need to get plans in place for the play-offs. Not what any of us wanted but there you are.

16. milkyboy

milkyboy Well-Known Member

I’m not a fan but Dallas has been ok since he came back in. Alioski’s form wasn’t setting the world on fire.

As for the klich haters. He hasn’t looked as sharp this side of Christmas, but I think people underestimate his role or have too high expectations. Way I see it is he gets around the pitch, links play, supports. If We dominate possession every game, then the midfield is doing its job. He helps give us field position... We have Pablo, Roberts and in theory Harrison to supply the ammo and Bamford to fire it.

Appreciate the counter to that is setting a higher tempo etc, but I think he’s well down our list of problems.

FORZA LEEDS likes this.
  17. 1964white

1964white Well-Known Member

Our signings were awful, only one of them achieves above 5/10 on the whole season performances imo.

I called Radz right, why we always attract owners who have no money or are not prepared to invest in our playing squad god only knows

I called the slim/lack of depth in our squad right

I called our lack of ambition with the need to improve the squad as soon as the January window opened right

It was quite obvious we'd run out steam, also you can't continually polish turds over a long period. Our players v QPR, Birmingham, Wigan & Brentford looked like the ones we witnessed last season, the resemblance is uncanny !

18. 1964white

1964white Well-Known Member

I can honestly see us not winning another game

How many times have I said that in previous seasons, I hope I'm wrong but on current form we look more like mid-table fodder rather than promotion candidates

We look shot & dead in the water !

Re the play-offs

We tend to play better against those teams on bigger pitches too !

My major fear is : have our players got the mentality & enough left in the tank to see out three games? I don't think they have as too many of our squad look shot imo !

We are nowhere near the same team that were thrashing the likes of Stoke (h) Derby (h) & (a) & West Brom (h), that reason alone is a major concern for me!

I really can't see us getting that spark back, it's like a horse running a race once it loses it's momentum it takes time for the thoroughbred to regain it's past form

Last edited: Apr 23, 2019
  19. southernwhite

southernwhite Well-Known Member

Bloody football.i am so depressed i can't concentrate on work or anything atm.:(

20. Eric Le Merde

Throw a sickie :emoticon-0119-puke: